The East is going to be much stronger this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    I've been quite clear that the issue is chemistry not talent. If Cleveland trades for pieces that fit I will gladly do away my list...but until then I think we should just all agree to disagree...and also agree that I'm right
    Chemistry might become an issue on 2 fronts:
    -Whose team is it? Smart answer is Lebron's, but Irving might argue that (stupidly).
    -Never been a fan of Irving -he might be an all star talent, but anytime my star PG goes 5-17 (like he does on many nights), there is an answer why you lost. Sure he can also win you a game by himself, but win one loose one, where are you? 500 BBall.
    For Cavs sake hopefully Lebron takes over & dominates otherwise: I can see this team go 62-20 and also 44-38.
    With all the changes in the East -Bulls are clearly No 1 (IMO), after that dog fight:
    Wiz,
    Raps,
    Indy (not just loosing Stephenson, but late season implosion by Hibbert is an issue),
    Nets,
    Charlotte,
    Heat,
    Hawks
    who cares
    WRT to your argument: Cavs No 8 -I don't see it. A lot of things have to go wrong for that.
    I suppose I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
    Add me to your list I guess.

Comment

• Everyone putting the Bulls high up on their list but this is only assuming that Derrick Rose comes back as himself, we haven't really seen him play in two years and the few games he played last season before blowing out his other knee he didn't look so great.
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        Everyone putting the Bulls high up on their list but this is only assuming that Derrick Rose comes back as himself, we haven't really seen him play in two years and the few games he played last season before blowing out his other knee he didn't look so great.
        Rose coming back is part of it.

However:
        gasol > boozer
        Expecting big things from Mirotic
        Big year from butler
        Thibs is still coaching

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Rose coming back is part of it.

However:
          gasol > boozer
          Expecting big things from Mirotic
          Big year from butler
          Thibs is still coaching
          Also McDermott should be plenty ready to contribute as a bench shooter and maybe even a bit of a general scorer.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Also McDermott should be plenty ready to contribute as a bench shooter and maybe even a bit of a general scorer.
            I'm not really sold on that yet.

He'll offer 0 D. And NBA 3s are really long and quick, it's a different game.

Guys like that who played at a high level for four years are supposed to perform in summer league, so that hasn't really changed my opinion.
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
              I'm not really sold on that yet.

He'll offer 0 D. And NBA 3s are really long and quick, it's a different game.

Guys like that who played at a high level for four years are supposed to perform in summer league, so that hasn't really changed my opinion.
              Well if Mike Dunleavy can be part of their D, McDermott can. Dunleavy has been a bad defender his whole career.

And McDermott can already hit 3 pointers. So will he be such a huge liability on D (again, comparing to Dunleavy) that he won't help their team?

Their wing rotation last year after the Deng trade was basically just Dunleavy and Butler, with a rookie Snell. Now Snell has a year under his belt, and McDermott is a rookie who can shoot the heck out of the ball. That seems pretty good to me. They also won't have to use as many small perimeter lineups this year.

Comment

Working...
              X