The East is going to be much stronger this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thead wrote: View Post
    LeBron James just left a team surrounded by talent and two HOF players that only 56 games
    Not sure about Bosh being a HOF type of player but anyway. DWade is clearly way past his prime. He wasn't a factor at all in the reg season. Bosh is not the same player he once was. He's now basically just a jump shooting big.

Last year's Heat team was ALL LeBron and Spoelstra.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

LeBron James just left a team surrounded by talent and two HOF players that only 56 games
      Other than Bosh and Wade, the talent was mediocre at best on MIA last year. They had serious issues with their roster.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
        Well people will understand when the Cavs inevitably smack us around the gym once or twice this season.
        Slap bet?

Cavs win over 52 games and make the Eastern Conference Finals you get to slap me in the left side of my face (again lots of dental work)

Cavs win less than 52 games and don't make the ECF I get to slap you in the face.

only protection I will add is if they manage to add another all-star to the team the bet is void
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

The East is stronger but the Atlantic isn't.. I actually think the Atlantic is worse off even if Lopez comes back healthy for Brooklyn. NY may rattle off more wins because they have a new coach, new management (ie, Phil) and a much better PG.. but they lost Chandler who was their only real defensive presence. I don't see Philly or Boston improving that much.

Winning the Atlantic should be the floor.. the number of wins should be irrelevant in my opinion. If they have the Atlantic locked up than playoffs are all about match ups. Too early to tell what a favorable matchup would be, but based on how free agency is going I'd like to play either Indiana, Washington, Chicago or Miami in the first round and avoid teams like Cleveland, Charlotte and Atlanta (assuming Horford is healthy).

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            The East is stronger but the Atlantic isn't.. I actually think the Atlantic is worse off even if Lopez comes back healthy for Brooklyn. NY may rattle off more wins because they have a new coach, new management (ie, Phil) and a much better PG.. but they lost Chandler who was their only real defensive presence. I don't see Philly or Boston improving that much.

Winning the Atlantic should be the floor.. the number of wins should be irrelevant in my opinion. If they have the Atlantic locked up than playoffs are all about match ups. Too early to tell what a favorable matchup would be, but based on how free agency is going I'd like to play either Indiana, Washington, Chicago or Miami in the first round and avoid teams like Cleveland, Charlotte and Atlanta (assuming Horford is healthy).
            Yep, the Atlantic is ours for the taking again. That means we'll be the 4th seed at worst. So somewhere between 1st and 4th seed are the realistic outcomes for the Raptors this season.

We're the only team in the running for 1-4 seed that doesn't have serious question marks, so I like our chances.
            Will DRose be healthy? How will Lebron mesh with new team/coach and young players? How will Indy bounce back from abysmal end to season and possible loss of Stephenson? How much better will Horford make Atlanta? How much will it affect Washington to go from Ariza to Pierce?

The only big question mark I have for the Raptors is whether we'll get 6th man of the year Lou Williams, or coming back from injury Lou Williams? If we get 6th man of the year Lou Williams, then look out.

Comment

LeBron and Kyrie playing 2 on 5 would still get like 40 wins in the East.

Comment

also to add...Rookies can put up numbers but veterans win games
                AHHH... you CASEY!! play BRUNO this season! screw the VETS!

EDIT: Matt beat me to arrive at this conclusion. forget it.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                  LeBron and Kyrie playing 2 on 5 would still get like 40 wins in the East.
                  I fully expect Cleveland to be in the playoffs, and I fully expect Lebron to opt out if they don't make the playoffs. The whole "coming home" good vibe was killed for me when I saw Lebron could opt out after 1 season. What a grand showing of loyalty.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                    I fully expect Cleveland to be in the playoffs, and I fully expect Lebron to opt out if they don't make the playoffs. The whole "coming home" good vibe was killed for me when I saw Lebron could opt out after 1 season. What a grand showing of loyalty.
                    No way he leaves Cleveland after this year

Comment

I think he asked for the opt out so he can
                      1)take advantage of the rising CAP due to TV money coming into play. Mo Money !!!
                      2)get his deal in before the next lockout as the owners still can't help themselves by throwing big money around.
                      - examples of needing help ==> 19M for Jodie Weekes and 63M for Gordon Hayward.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                        Not sure about Bosh being a HOF type of player but anyway. DWade is clearly way past his prime. He wasn't a factor at all in the reg season. Bosh is not the same player he once was. He's now basically just a jump shooting big.

Last year's Heat team was ALL LeBron and Spoelstra.
                        Tangent, but one thing I'm very interested to see next year is how Spo does without Lebron. I've always felt he was getting too much praise; we will see.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
                          No way he leaves Cleveland after this year
                          Actually, yes way. He specifically added an opt out after year one to his 2 year deal. Did he do this for shits and giggles, or so that he had the option to leave Cleveland after this year? I'm leaning towards the latter.

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          I think he asked for the opt out so he can
                          1)take advantage of the rising CAP due to TV money coming into play. Mo Money !!!
                          2)get his deal in before the next lockout as the owners still can't help themselves by throwing big money around.
                          - examples of needing help ==> 19M for Jodie Weekes and 63M for Gordon Hayward.
                          1) Irrelevant to the opt out clause after year one. The new TV deal isn't until 2016, so he's justified in the 2 year deal, but not in the year 1 opt out clause, as it will only be 2015 then and the new TV deal will still be a year away.

2.) Lockout possibility is even further in the future. The next CBA discussion is set for ten years or if necessary in 2017. Lebron's contract ends a year before that, and his opt out clause in 2015 is 2 years before that.

Neither of your points are valid reasons for an opt out after year one, they literally have no bearing at all.

The only logical reason Lebron added the opt out clause after year one is so that if things are going the way he likes he can opt out and leave Cleveland. If he had any real loyalty to Cleveland he wouldn't have an opt out after year one.

Comment

Actually, yes way. He specifically added an opt out after year one to his 2 year deal. Did he do this for shits and giggles, or so that he had the option to leave Cleveland after this year? I'm leaning towards the latter.

1) Irrelevant to the opt out clause after year one. The new TV deal isn't until 2016, so he's justified in the 2 year deal, but not in the year 1 opt out clause, as it will only be 2015 then and the new TV deal will still be a year away.

2.) Lockout possibility is even further in the future. The next CBA discussion is set for ten years or if necessary in 2017. Lebron's contract ends a year before that, and his opt out clause in 2015 is 2 years before that.

Neither of your points are valid reasons for an opt out after year one, they literally have no bearing at all.

The only logical reason Lebron added the opt out clause after year one is so that if things are going the way he likes he can opt out and leave Cleveland. If he had any real loyalty to Cleveland he wouldn't have an opt out after year one.
                            The belief is that LBJ is back in Cleveland for good. The shorter contract is really just to maximize his earning potential and to give the team flexibility in the summer of 2016.

Comment

Even after 1 year, his max salary could well be higher by opting out and re-signing than by opting in. It also allows him to sign another 1+1 contract, giving him max control over the situation. I seriously doubt he will even consider leaving Cleveland, considering the impact it would have on his image.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yep, the Atlantic is ours for the taking again. That means we'll be the 4th seed at worst. So somewhere between 1st and 4th seed are the realistic outcomes for the Raptors this season.

We're the only team in the running for 1-4 seed that doesn't have serious question marks, so I like our chances.
                                Will DRose be healthy? How will Lebron mesh with new team/coach and young players? How will Indy bounce back from abysmal end to season and possible loss of Stephenson? How much better will Horford make Atlanta? How much will it affect Washington to go from Ariza to Pierce?

The only big question mark I have for the Raptors is whether we'll get 6th man of the year Lou Williams, or coming back from injury Lou Williams? If we get 6th man of the year Lou Williams, then look out.
                                I agree with everything you said but am I the only one who doesn't think last years Lou Williams was that bad? Like I would take that on my team. What he did last year wasn't that much lower than his career averages.
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X