No announcement yet.

LVSL - RAPTORS vs MAVS - 6pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think what people have the most problem is with Derozan's pull up midrange jumper. Not catch and shoot right? Correct if I'm wrong of course. I looked SportsVU stats on pull up jumpers

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
      If the majority of your midrange is at the end of a good play (Patterson), then you are likely to have a higher FG%.

If the majority of your midrange is at the end of a broken play (Derozan), then you are likely to have a lower FG%.

This is why comparing dry FG% at the midrange, is a terrible measure of who the better midrange shooter is. Imagine all of our broken offensive plays, and give them all to Ppat... do you think his FG% will be just as high? Demar is always the one with the ball after a broken play. Take that into account before you compare.
      To further your point, I read a Nate Silver article on Carmelo today where he pointed out 42% of his FGA's were crunch time (8 seconds or less on the shot clock), compared to 31% league average. Silver noted "In those situations, shooting efficiency drops drastically" Checked Demar last year and he had the same 42% late clock FGA,
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        ahem cough

cough cough cough

god this cough is killing me...everytime I cough more facts come out...cough cough

aaahhhhh cough

DROPS MIC
        Are you ok??
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          To further your point, I read a Nate Silver article on Carmelo today where he pointed out 42% of his FGA's were crunch time (8 seconds or less on the shot clock), compared to 31% league average. Silver noted "In those situations, shooting efficiency drops drastically" Checked Demar last year and he had the same 42% late clock FGA,
          Its all about context, context, context.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            God, seriously? These scouting snippets are always incomplete pictures of what a player does. They focus on the things they show promise in to show that a player can develop strengths. But were any of these things actual strengths for DeMar going from USC to the NBA?

Dribbling to ball once or twice and finishing in the lane doesn't make him "plenty good". Hitting some mid-range jumpers doesn't make him a good shooter. His shot was flat and kinda ugly early in his career, and he had very limited range. He could get it off, but it wasn't good enough to build his O around until he came back in his 2nd year with improved form, especially with more lift in it giving a better arc. In his first year, his range pretty much stopped at 10-15 ft, which is awful range for a SG/SF and tough to utilize when the guy can't dribble worth a damn, because it's hard to create set plays getting him opportunities in that range.

Put it this way, if DeMar was in this year's draft, where does he go based on what tools he had coming out of college? Probably around James Young's spot at 17 at the best-case, and as low as GR3 at 40 as his floor. In other words, a player lacking skills and who'd have to work very hard to be more than a role player.

He was taken on upside, and not for any skills which could be obviously used to contribute to the team immediately.
            people are saying he came in raw with no skills. I'm saying he had a mid range game before he got here. I was right
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• nothing highlights can't fix lmao jk
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Thanks for taking the time to post the video. Any comparison can end now. I mean really guys....stop. This coboclo guy might end up a great player, but now..... well he certainly isn't anything even remotely close to the kid in the above video was when he came in.

Comment

• LVSL - RAPTORS vs MAVS - 6pm

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  Thanks for taking the time to post the video. Any comparison can end now. I mean really guys....stop. This coboclo guy might end up a great player, but now..... well he certainly isn't anything even remotely close to the kid in the above video was when he came in.
                  ^

Bruno I mean seriously so far it seems like he has a nba first step. Doesn't know what to do after that to get to the rim against nba speed. Nice jumper .
                  Moves his feet well on D doesnt know what to do with his hands.

Most nba players start from early playing basketball and by the time they reach the nba. It's about adding to their skills and getting stronger.

Bruno has no skills and needs to get stronger.

When I say no skills I mean he is raw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by grindhouse; Wed Jul 16, 2014, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X