Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    When will Casey learn the zero movement dribble down the shot clock followed by contested iso jumper is not a good strategy to close out a game you're winning? We pissed away our lead by completely changing offensive philosophy to one that is incredibly easy to stop. You can't start killing the clock with over 6 minutes left in the game, that's how this game became a one possession nail biter. I've seen us lose many games employing this same strategy. It just doesn't work unless you have Steph Curry banging 3's from 10ft behind the 3pt line. I'm just glad we had a big enough lead to overcome the boneheaded end of game strategy.
    +1

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
      He told the team to milk the clock with over 6 minutes left which ended up in bad shots and bad offense which sparked the Pacers comeback. Casey should be glad our lead was too big for the Pacers to overcome. Casey basically pissed away a double digit lead which the Raptors could have held on to.
      The guys committed a bunch of horrible mental errors and that's what shifted the momentum. Sloppiness with the ball and poor decisions. Milking the clock could have worked a lot better had everyone not lost their cool. They looked scared to me personally. They had intense pressure to not fuck that up and what happens when you worry endlessly about not making a mistake?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        The guys committed a bunch of horrible mental errors and that's what shifted the momentum. Sloppiness with the ball and poor decisions. Milking the clock could have worked a lot better had everyone not lost their cool. They looked scared to me personally. They had intense pressure to not fuck that up and what happens when you worry endlessly about not making a mistake?
        Sorry Apollo, but this is the same exact result we've seen all season, and last season, and the season before that, when we revert to the kill the clock zero ball movement iso only contested 2 offense, we blow leads with a quickness. It hasn't worked for 3 years straight. You watch the games, you know I'm right.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          Sorry Apollo, but this is the same exact result we've seen all season, and last season, and the season before that, when we revert to the kill the clock zero ball movement iso only contested 2 offense, we blow leads with a quickness. It hasn't worked for 3 years straight. You watch the games, you know I'm right.
          I don't know how anyone can argue otherwise. Chris Webber just alluded to the Raptors doing this during the TNT broadcast, and how the Thunder often do the same. Yes, the Raptors survived, but the ends can't always justify the means, especially when we know that approach often backfires.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            yeah, i don't buy it.

we've seen it over and over again. casey teams have been playing not to lose for years.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
              I don't know how anyone can argue otherwise. Chris Webber just alluded to the Raptors doing this during the TNT broadcast, and how the Thunder often do the same. Yes, the Raptors survived, but the ends can't always justify the means, especially when we know that approach often backfires.
              the approach is suspect. but when did it 'often backfire'??? our record 3 years straight seem to say otherwise.

Comment

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toront...ors#Management

one win away from being the winningest coach in raptors playoffs history. go coach.

Comment

• I think he coached one hell of a series. We're so fixated on the negative that we can't see all the good that Casey offers. Some of you want him gone, well all I say is be careful what you wish for.

Moot point anyway. Casey will be back.

Comment

• Garbage coach with a really good roster

I mean he literally used scramble defense as an adjustment and it allowed the Pacers to shoot 8/11 from three

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      Garbage coach with a really good roster

I mean he literally used scramble defense as an adjustment and it allowed the Pacers to shoot 8/11 from three
                      i'm not even sure what he was adjusting to to try that garbage again.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                        the approach is suspect. but when did it 'often backfire'??? our record 3 years straight seem to say otherwise.
                        Our playoff record over the last three years is 7-11.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          exactly. and he is one win away from being tied as the best and 2 away from head and shoulders above everyone else. pretty impressive stuff.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            exactly. and he is one win away from being tied as the best and 2 away from head and shoulders above everyone else. pretty impressive stuff.
                            Pretty low bar.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Everything Dwane Casey

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              And how many of those did we blow huge leads and lose due to trying to kill the clock? I don't recall that happening at all last year or in the Brooklyn series. Maybe once in the pacers series so far?
                              Last edited by iblastoff; Tue May 3, 2016, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                And how many of those did we blow huge leads and lose due to trying to kill the clock? I don't recall that happening at all last year or in the Brooklyn series. Maybe once in the pacers series so far?
                                There were several games this season where we had a big lead that disappeared because of our milk the clock offence. We held on to win some of those games but that doesn't change the ineffectiveness of our milk the clock offence.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X