Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Haha hard for me to pull up that magic from my phone...more of a grind it out style on here
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Discussion shifted to Casey when I suggested that Masai has a built-in excuse if, and I emphasize if, things go south again this year. That Carroll wasn't 100% so the full impact of our his roster vision wasn't on display, which would excuse him from having to make significant changes next year (such as canning Casey).
      Shhhhush. Don't make me undo this move.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Discussion shifted to Casey when I suggested that Masai has a built-in excuse if, and I emphasize if, things go south again this year. That Carroll wasn't 100% so the full impact of our his roster vision wasn't on display, which would excuse him from having to make significant changes next year (such as canning Casey).
        Oh I know, just as we delve further and further down that rabbit hole...
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Woah. I got lost in the matrix
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• one of our coach assistants
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• For me with Casey it's like this.

First Round Loss or 2nd Round Embarrassment: Let him go. You have to try something different with a new coach, because clearly this would show he's completely incapable in the playoffs. At this point you just need to get a different coach just to try something else, regardless of whether they check all the boxes or not.

2nd Round Hotly-Contested Loss: Pick up his option unless there is a coach available who checks all the boxes, in that case let him go and hire that guy.

ECF or further: Pick up his option.

When I say checks all the boxes, I mean a guy that brings Casey's intangibles (player relations, works well with upper management, guys want to play hard for him, etc) while also being excellent when it comes to the Xs and Os side of the game. These coaches are few and far between contrary to popular belief, but if you can find one then Casey should be gonzo even if he gets to the second round.

Comment

• i'm guessing 7 game first round loss and he gets picked up, with a bunch of "didn't have carrol available" summer talk. if the team makes the second round i would expect his option picked up, and i hope it is.

casey is a good coach.

Comment

• WE ARE GOING TO THE FINALS. CASEY GETS PROMOTED TO HONOURABLE EMPEROR OF CANADA. This will happen, trust the process. pound the rock.
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    WE ARE GOING TO THE FINALS. CASEY GETS PROMOTED TO HONOURABLE EMPEROR OF CANADA. This will happen, trust the process. pound the rock.
                    I threw up a little bit.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      i'm guessing 7 game first round loss and he gets picked up, with a bunch of "didn't have carrol available" summer talk. if the team makes the second round i would expect his option picked up, and i hope it is.

casey is a good coach.
                      I'm expecting this to happen. Masai already planted the seed for this when he said getting Carroll back healthy was like acquiring a good player at the trade deadline. Built in excuse to kick the can down the road.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        I threw up a little bit.
                        Why would you have a problem with Casey being praised if it's because of a finals appearance....?

We shouldn't be hoping for the team to do badly so he gets fired tbh.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                          Why would you have a problem with Casey being praised if it's because of a finals appearance....?

We shouldn't be hoping for the team to do badly so he gets fired tbh.
                          Because I highly doubt the Raptors are going to the Finals. They'll have to get past the Lebrons and I don't see that happening. Eastern Conference Finals is definitely a possibility though.

Comment

• Congratulations to the greatest coach in Raptors history. One of the most underrated coach in the NBA. And future 15/16 NBA Coach of the Year. Dwane Casey.

*tip hat*
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                              Because I highly doubt the Raptors are going to the Finals. They'll have to get past the Lebrons and I don't see that happening. Eastern Conference Finals is definitely a possibility though.
                              Idk, I don't get why the idea of us going to the finals would make one gag, sounds pretty awesome to me even if it is unlikely.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

Congratulations to the greatest coach in Raptors history. One of the most underrated coach in the NBA. And future 15/16 NBA Coach of the Year. Dwane Casey.

*tip hat*
                                Awesome achievement, and couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Love that the Raptors showed patience in an era of basketball when you have these quick trigger GM's and owners. Toronto basketball fans get to reap the rewards of that patience with a good team and regular trips to the playoffs. Congrats Coach Casey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X