Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
    People on this forum believe many things, most are very, very inaccurate.

here are 2:

1. They know more, and see more than NBA level coaches.
    2. Its easy to make an offence flow when your two, not one, BUT TWO top players are not playing even close to their potential.

That Casey's team made it out of this series is a testament to what he's doing here..... they sure as fuck didn't win on natural talent.
    You criticize people like me who get on the coaching, but you're no different.

i don't need to know more than an NBA coach to know that the strategy we used in the 4th quarter, and the strategy of setting up isolation plays for demar derozan against paul george, is absolute trash.

Casey's team getting out of round 1 is a testament to being the better team. taking 7 games to beat the Pacers and almost handing back the series on a silver platter is a testament to Casey's terrible coaching.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
      You criticize people like me who get on the coaching, but you're no different.

i don't need to know more than an NBA coach to know that the strategy we used in the 4th quarter, and the strategy of setting up isolation plays for demar derozan against paul george, is absolute trash.

Casey's team getting out of round 1 is a testament to being the better team. taking 7 games to beat the Pacers and almost handing back the series on a silver platter is a testament to Casey's terrible coaching.
      So then by that logic Vogel in 2014 was an even worse coach because he let the sub .500 eighth seed Atlanta Hawks take his 1st seed Pacers to 7 games. Hawks were even up 3-2 at one point.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
        So then by that logic Vogel in 2014 was an even worse coach because he let the sub .500 eighth seed Atlanta Hawks take his 1st seed Pacers to 7 games. Hawks were even up 3-2 at one point.
        don't be facetious vogel doesn't coach the raptors and is therefor completely competent

Comment

That was a surging Hawks team that had been red hot to end the regular season. It was their first season under coach Bud so it understandably took a bit for the players to learn a new system. That Hawks team was a huge outlier as far as 8 seeds go.

Now, that Pacers team did go to the ECF, so if we do the same and match what Vogel did, then I'll be pretty damn happy.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
            People on this forum believe many things, most are very, very inaccurate.

here are 2:

1. They know more, and see more than NBA level coaches.
            2. Its easy to make an offence flow when your two, not one, BUT TWO top players are not playing even close to their potential.

That Casey's team made it out of this series is a testament to what he's doing here..... they sure as fuck didn't win on natural talent.
            What if we lost the game by 1? That's a 4 point swing and it changes all the praise that Casey is getting into him likely being fired. We won, which is the most important seed, but we were outscored in this series by a 7 seed. Casey made this series more difficult than it needed to be.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              That was a surging Hawks team that had been red hot to end the regular season. It was their first season under coach Bud so it understandably took a bit for the players to learn a new system. That Hawks team was a huge outlier as far as 8 seeds go.

Now, that Pacers team did go to the ECF, so if we do the same and match what Vogel did, then I'll be pretty damn happy.
              They played well in 8 games in april. They were by no means "surging". Yeah I'll be happy too, but right now to say that being taken to game 7 by Indiana means that Casey is trash doesn't make sense. Particularly when your best three point shooter and most important player has an elbow that's clearly completely messing up his shot.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                What if we lost the game by 1? That's a 4 point swing and it changes all the praise that Casey is getting into him likely being fired. We won, which is the most important seed, but we were outscored in this series by a 7 seed. Casey made this series more difficult than it needed to be.

I really think the struggles of Kyle and DeMar is what caused the hiccups.

Comment

They played well in 8 games in april. They were by no means "surging". Yeah I'll be happy too, but right now to say that being taken to game 7 by Indiana means that Casey is trash doesn't make sense. Particularly when your best three point shooter and most important player has an elbow that's clearly completely messing up his shot.
                  That same exact Hawks team won 60 games the next season, they were finally clicking as a team under their new head coach, and were an incredibly tough 8 seed. If you think Indiana will win 60 games or anything close to it next year with their same exact squad, then they're comparable to that Hawks team. I don't.

We got through round 1 so I'm willing to give Casey the benefit of the doubt and just hope it was the DD vs PG match up that really hampered his coaching by taking away his favorite offensive option. I doubt Kyle will play much better in round 2 unless they get him to drive more instead of shooting, as Kyle can still hit layups like he did last night (the only shots he made were layups). But, DD can certainly play better in the second round, he's not injured, and he set the bar extremely low in round 1.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    That same exact Hawks team won 60 games the next season, they were finally clicking as a team under their new head coach, and were an incredibly tough 8 seed. If you think Indiana will win 60 games or anything close to it next year with their same exact squad, then they're comparable to that Hawks team. I don't.

We got through round 1 so I'm willing to give Casey the benefit of the doubt and just hope it was the DD vs PG match up that really hampered his coaching by taking away his favorite offensive option. I doubt Kyle will play much better in round 2 unless they get him to drive more instead of shooting, as Kyle can still hit layups like he did last night (the only shots he made were layups). But, DD can certainly play better in the second round, he's not injured, and he set the bar extremely low in round 1.
                    That team was missing Al Horford who had a season ending injury. That's a huge hit to them and was probably a huge factor in why they weren't good that year. Arguably their second most important player was missing for that series.

Comment

• at the end of the day if you guys are happy with what casey does then good for you.

I don't think he's a good coach, haven't for a long time, saw nothing in this series to dissuade me. We need a real offensive system outside of literally "pound the rock"

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        at the end of the day if you guys are happy with what casey does then good for you.

I don't think he's a good coach, haven't for a long time, saw nothing in this series to dissuade me. We need a real offensive system outside of literally "pound the rock"
                        Sure, and if all you see out of this system is "pounding the rock" good for you too.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

I really think the struggles of Kyle and DeMar is what caused the hiccups.
                          Yeah, they were terrible but you would expect your coach to experiment and try things during the regular season. JV looked off at times when he was being featured because they didn't work on it in the regular season. Demar said, after game 5, that the lineup who won us the 4th, never even practiced any plays together before that quarter.

Don't misunderstand, winning is very much acceptable and the number #1 things. My disdain for Casey is a close 2nd.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Props to Casey for leading his team to round two despite his two all stars struggles throughout most of the series. He takes a lot of criticism but in game seven he coached them to the victory, holding the Pacers to only 84 points and settling a rattled team down in the final minute to close it out. It wasn't always pretty but it was won.
                            DC has learned. We would not have won without him.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                              When will Casey learn the zero movement dribble down the shot clock followed by contested iso jumper is not a good strategy to close out a game you're winning? We pissed away our lead by completely changing offensive philosophy to one that is incredibly easy to stop. You can't start killing the clock with over 6 minutes left in the game, that's how this game became a one possession nail biter. I've seen us lose many games employing this same strategy. It just doesn't work unless you have Steph Curry banging 3's from 10ft behind the 3pt line. I'm just glad we had a big enough lead to overcome the boneheaded end of game strategy.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                                He told the team to milk the clock with over 6 minutes left which ended up in bad shots and bad offense which sparked the Pacers comeback. Casey should be glad our lead was too big for the Pacers to overcome. Casey basically pissed away a double digit lead which the Raptors could have held on to.

Comment

Working...
                                X