Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Someone has their pitchfork sharpened this morning.

Beside his shooting, I thought Lowry was fine (not great, but fine). Team seemed to perform better when he was on the court. At least from what I can tell. And Dan seemed to prove that point with stats in the Kyle thread.
    I thought Lowry was god-awful. And I'm not even talking about his shooting, but his decision-making. Dancing around with the dribble, passing up open driving lanes, missing open guys on the perimeter. And crucial breakdowns on defense (why the eff was he helping on the drive, leaving a wide open Dragic in the corner?). I can't think of a single thing Lowry did well last night.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I thought Lowry was god-awful. And I'm not even talking about his shooting, but his decision-making. Dancing around with the dribble, passing up open driving lanes, missing open guys on the perimeter. And crucial breakdowns on defense (why the eff was he helping on the drive, leaving a wide open Dragic in the corner?). I can't think of a single thing Lowry did well last night.
      He was bad, just straight awful. But when I was watching CoJo seemed much worse.
      Everyone was bad let's be honest.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
        He was bad, just straight awful. But when I was watching CoJo seemed much worse.
        Everyone was bad let's be honest.
        Yup, everyone was bad. But the lion's share of blame falls on our captain's, our all-star's, our coach-on-the-floor's shoulders. Inexcusable performance given the stage.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
          We don't really know what the play was because Derozan lost it on the dribble but having a great shooter pass the ball in is actually a smart, and often used move, because it creates the opportunity for them to almost sneak behind the defense for a return pass and a relatively open shot.

Again we don't know what the drawn up play was since it broke down immediately.
          I think it was the @Golden State game earlier in the season where the inbound got messed up too. Carroll is not a good passer, he should not be the one throwing the ball in.

Comment

Yup, everyone was bad. But the lion's share of blame falls on our captain's, our all-star's, our coach-on-the-floor's shoulders. Inexcusable performance given the stage.
            But his net rating!!!! Net Rating!!!!

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
              But his net rating!!!! Net Rating!!!!
              This reminded me of a line from Robocop.

"I work for Dick Jones! DICK JONES!!!"

Comment

This is what disappoints me. I know the strategy is to pack the paint. And it appeared Lowry was attempting to body up on the big man from behind to help with the rebound I guess, but sweet jesus we get burned on that weakside corner 3 a little too often for my tastes. Happens alot. Guys need to be more aware of the options available to the ball handler on drives like that. Can't see how Lowry's positioning on that play was of any real help.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                  This is what disappoints me. I know the strategy is to pack the paint. And it appeared Lowry was attempting to body up on the big man from behind to help with the rebound I guess, but sweet jesus we get burned on that weakside corner 3 a little too often for my tastes. Happens alot. Guys need to be more aware of the options available to the ball handler on drives like that. Can't see how Lowry's positioning on that play was of any real help.
                  Wasn't that the strong side corner 3? Weak side makes a bit more sense since it's a more difficult pass, but Lowry left his man on what was a very easy pass.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                    george Hill scored the corner 3 as well

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      Wasn't that the strong side corner 3? Weak side makes a bit more sense since it's a more difficult pass, but Lowry left his man on what was a very easy pass.
                      yeah, actually I think you're right. IF I recall the drive happened near the top of the arc, but he shaded right when the pass was made. Not sure, but strong side is correct. We get burned on both sides though.

Comment

• Vogel got fired
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Bird just said that he believes coaches should leave after three years because they lose their effectiveness

Comment

• NBA can be a ruthless business. Vogel is a good coach. Pacers have a crap roster with one star player, who took the 2nd seed to 7 games.

He'll have no problems finding work again.

Comment

• If we somehow landed Vogel this summer, that would be such a steal.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                If we somehow landed Vogel this summer, that would be such a steal.

Comment

Working...
                                X