Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ons-Of-Passing

does this guy know Dwane Casey? somebody introduce these two. this is a match made in heaven!

P.S and yall thought Masai was being an idiot bringing Dwane back for 2 more seasons.

Dwane serves a purpose yall. yall thought it was Drake thats gonna do it... NO its not. Its Dwane!

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      So their roster sucks?
      A bunch of role players doesn't usually translate into the 6th highest margin of victory and team rating (point differential and strength of schedule factored in).

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
        http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ons-Of-Passing

does this guy know Dwane Casey? somebody introduce these two. this is a match made in heaven!

P.S and yall thought Masai was being an idiot bringing Dwane back for 2 more seasons.

Dwane serves a purpose yall. yall thought it was Drake thats gonna do it... NO its not. Its Dwane!
        Interesting! So none other than KD believes in simple play, if those are the guys you have.

And we've got some guys like that ... hmmm.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
          Interesting! So none other than KD believes in simple play, if those are the guys you have.

Yeah, I think I'll take the apparently low chance (not really so low) that DeMar, Kyle, and Jonas are better in a ball-movement offense thanks.

Comment

• mindlessness wrote: View Post
            yeah, i think i'll take the apparently low chance (not really so low) that demar, kyle, and jonas are better in a ball-movement offense thanks.
            ok ... You're welcome.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              The Celtics' roster sucks but, apparently they have the best assets. Even people here say that they would have a better package than us to offer for a superstar. Now their roster is shit and Brad Stevens has nothing to work with.
              The "assets" people here speak of are the multiple future picks they have. Not necessarily current players.

In other words, the Celtics have desirable pieces that aren't part of their current roster.

Comment

• Ummm Casey better than Brad??

That company suit is talking again

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    So if I'm reading this correctly, we're 3rd best in wide open 3pt % (YAAAAY!). But 5th from the bottom in creating open 3pt attempts (BOOOO!).

Moral of the story, we need to create more open 3pt looks.
                    Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Jan 27, 2016, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      So if I'm reading this correctly, we're 3rd best in wide open 3pt % (YAAAAY!). But 5th from the bottom in creating open 3pt attempts (BOOOO!).

It's almost like every stat out there says we should pass more.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

If advanced statistical analysis and complicated regression calculations have taught us anything it's that teams need to get open shots. Oh, the wondrous age we live in.....

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post

KD is 86th percentile in isolation situations, DeMar is 60th. Not really comparable. And given that Westbrook is 31st percentile I think the argument stands that Westbrook still needs to be reined in from iso plays. (Lowry is 42nd).

KD will never throw his coach or teammates under the bus anyway.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            If advanced statistical analysis and complicated regression calculations have taught us anything it's that teams need to get open shots. Oh, the wondrous age we live in.....
                            Its use is less in the conclusion but more in the evidence which others would deny.

Comment

Not exactly fair to state that, the x-axis of the graph is % of 3PA that are wide open. That means we might shoot more open 3 pointers than other teams but because Lowry/Ross like to take quite a few contested 3s it means % of 3s that are wide open is quite low for us.

Of course it may be also that we are bottom of creating open 3 point looks but you can't deduce that from this graph.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                                Not exactly fair to state that, the x-axis of the graph is % of 3PA that are wide open. That means we might shoot more open 3 pointers than other teams but because Lowry/Ross like to take quite a few contested 3s it means % of 3s that are wide open is quite low for us.

Of course it may be also that we are bottom of creating open 3 point looks but you can't deduce that from this graph.
                                Interesting that you mention Ross here, because he only takes 0.1 3pa per game in 'very tight situations' and 1.2 3pa per game in 'tight' situations, out of his 4.3 3pa per game. So a much higher percentage of his 3pa are uncontested than the overall team ratio.

Honestly, that graph seems somewhat flawed, because as a team we only shoot 5.6 3pa per game in tight or very tight scenarios, versus 17.6 attempts in open or wide open situations.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X