Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ lol

Comment

• The end of the half play was Derozan trying to break down Paul George 1-on-1.

After a timeout. In game 6. Against Paul George. That was your DESIGNED play???

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
        The end of the half play was Derozan trying to break down Paul George 1-on-1.

Shot he normally makes?

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
          Shot he normally takes.
          Went ahead and fixed that for you.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
            The end of the half play was Derozan trying to break down Paul George 1-on-1.

And then after halftime, it seemed like we were making an effort to get DeMar involved. The guy shitting the bed. It took everyone else out of the flow, and resulted in crappy offence, which then results to bad D because we suck getting back in transition....a total shitstorm.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              And then after halftime, it seemed like we were making an effort to get DeMar involved. The guy shitting the bed. It took everyone else out of the flow, and resulted in crappy offence, which then results to bad D because we suck getting back in transition....a total shitstorm.
              Go back to Game 2 after the half.

Notice anything similar? The only difference being that Demar stayed on the court after.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Yeah, I got really nervous listening to that halftime interview with Kalaminian, where he was saying that he talked to DeRozan and Lowry and told them to just trust in all that work that they put into their shots and their game last summer and all season long. God no, trust in your teammates who have bailed you out a couple times already this series, and will do so again as long as you put in the effort in other parts of the game.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                  Yeah, I got really nervous listening to that halftime interview with Kalaminian, where he was saying that he talked to DeRozan and Lowry and told them to just trust in all that work that they put into their shots and their game last summer and all season long. God no, trust in your teammates who have bailed you out a couple times already this series, and will do so again as long as you put in the effort in other parts of the game.
                  yeah.

it's clear what our "strategy" is. we're going to pray that demar or lowry gets hot in game 7. Casey is banking on the fact that if it happens, he'll have shown "progress" this season and it will warrant a new contract.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    yeah.

it's clear what our "strategy" is. we're going to pray that demar or lowry gets hot in game 7. Casey is banking on the fact that if it happens, he'll have shown "progress" this season and it will warrant a new contract.
                    The only thing that will be sadder than that will be the people on here defending it if it happens.

Wait I was wrong. I would be sadder than that.

Comment

• I'm really frustrated because I really felt like game 2 Casey turned a corner when he sat DeMar for that 4th quarter.

It felt like Casey had finally got to the point where he'd stand up to DeMar/Kyle's bad play and do whatever it would take to win.

These last three games showed that that game was a mirage.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Lowry's YOLO 3's in transition are leading to a lot of Indy's transition points. That is in part what turned the tide and got Indy back into the game 6 after the 18-6 Raps start where we had our foot on their throats. Casey's inability to reign in Lowry and DD to play smart, team basketball is being exposed badly by the Pacers.

And then there was Demar.....

The DD end of half ISO on Paul George was almost a parody and micro-cosm that encapsulates 5 years of DD/Casey player-coach philosophy. It hasn't worked, it's not working, but "Pound the Rock" and "Our guys, hell or high water" means that eventually it will work. It didn't work.

"Pound the Rock" is a great euphemism for putting in the hard work every day to get better at your craft. I get it. I like it. But if you give the hammer to the wrong guy and he's hitting that rock in the wrong place, then you're more likely to end up hurting yourself.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          I'm really frustrated because I really felt like game 2 Casey turned a corner when he sat DeMar for that 4th quarter.

It felt like Casey had finally got to the point where he'd stand up to DeMar/Kyle's bad play and do whatever it would take to win.

Yep. It was like the brooklyn series where we had no one to guard joe johnson until he put fields on him for one game which worked fantastically and then in truely headscratchingly casey fashion he never went back to him again and we continued to struggle until losing the series.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                            I'm really frustrated because I really felt like game 2 Casey turned a corner when he sat DeMar for that 4th quarter.

Well he did say he will ride or die with Lowry and DD.

Comment

• Props to Casey for leading his team to round two despite his two all stars struggles throughout most of the series. He takes a lot of criticism but in game seven he coached them to the victory, holding the Pacers to only 84 points and settling a rattled team down in the final minute to close it out. It wasn't always pretty but it was won.

Comment

• According to Sid rumors have Casey getting a 3 year extension after the season. Kill me now, if he isn't just bullshitting.

https://clyp.it/z3vvtdu5

Comment

Working...
                                X