Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter N wrote: View Post
    They're literally missing their best player and a top 20 talent. We have no right to use excuses.
    We're literally missing our best player, and a top 20 talent. Yes, I think JV is that good.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      We're literally missing our best player, and a top 20 talent. Yes, I think JV is that good.
      You're the only one then.
      Bosh is a world class player on both sides of the ball, JV is very good.

Comment

Literally, everything we've ever asked JV to do, he's done at an elite or near-elite level. We just haven't asked enough.

Comment

Bosh and JV approach the game in entirely different ways. Bosh never had the tenacity of JV and never had he been asked to do the blue collar work before going to Miami and being the third star. What I can say with certainty is that JV as a third star looks better in that role than Bosh ever did when LeBron was still there. Yeah, Bosh is really good but comparing him and JV is comparing apples and oranges. They bring different things to the table and they not comparable.

Comment

Literally, everything we've ever asked JV to do, he's done at an elite or near-elite level. We just haven't asked enough.
            The things JV got criticised for most, low assist numbers and PnR defense, he was doing at an incredibly high level in the playoffs. i wouldnt say top 20 talent yet, but wouldnt be surprised if he was there next year.

Comment

• This +1000000000000

http://deadspin.com/what-the-hell-is...ing-1775727583
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                The things JV got criticised for most, low assist numbers and PnR defense, he was doing at an incredibly high level in the playoffs. i wouldnt say top 20 talent yet, but wouldnt be surprised if he was there next year.
                He just turned 24. Consensus is most big guys don't truly figure it out until 25. He hasn't even started to peak yet. His career high in FGA is 18. Never averaged more than 28.2 MPG in a season, and his MPG has dropped each of the last two seasons.

We just aren't letting him develop enough.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  Jonas has been a revelation in the playoffs. But I can't help but think it's unsustainable over a full 82 games. It looks like he's exerting a ton of energy out there. Fueled by playoff adrenaline.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Jonas has been a revelation in the playoffs. But I can't help but think it's unsustainable over a full 82 games. It looks like he's exerting a ton of energy out there. Fueled by playoff adrenaline.
                    He was certainly the hardest worker on the floor.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      His Per36 in March:

18.1/12.6/1.9bl on 56.8% shooting from the field, 60.1% true shooting and 20.5% usage, 21.7% TRB.

His Per36 in the playoffs:

19/15.3/1.8bl on 55.0% shooting from the field, 58.9% true shooting and 22.2% usage, 24.9% TRB.

He's been better in the playoffs, but not so much better that it's unsustainable.

Comment

• Casey is signed through next year right?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Bosh and JV approach the game in entirely different ways. Bosh never had the tenacity of JV and never had he been asked to do the blue collar work before going to Miami and being the third star. What I can say with certainty is that JV as a third star looks better in that role than Bosh ever did when LeBron was still there. Yeah, Bosh is really good but comparing him and JV is comparing apples and oranges. They bring different things to the table and they not comparable.
                          None the less as of today if Bosh was playing in the playoffs Miami would be so much better than what they're putting on the floor against us.

I can't believe this is even a discussion, Bosh is a perennial All-Star, Team USA member, a top defensive talent and arguably the best PF in the game right now.

Comment

His Per36 in March:

18.1/12.6/1.9bl on 56.8% shooting from the field, 60.1% true shooting and 20.5% usage, 21.7% TRB.

His Per36 in the playoffs:

19/15.3/1.8bl on 55.0% shooting from the field, 58.9% true shooting and 22.2% usage, 24.9% TRB.

He's been better in the playoffs, but not so much better that it's unsustainable.
                            Numbers don't really show the sheer energy he's now exerting going after rebounds on both ends of the floor.

The dude's going to war on every shot, and taking prisoners.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Casey is signed through next year right?
                              Team option for 2016-17.

Comment

• JV has been incredible in the playoffs, but there will always be question as to whether he can be incredible on a team where he is the focal point of opposing defences night in and night out. Bosh averages a double/double for the longest time in Toronto with nobody around him.

On the plus side what we've seen so far in the playoffs is the tip of the JV iceberg. Would be very interesting to see how they structure this team next season. Would they continue to use JV as a role player?

Comment

Working...
                                X