View Poll Results: Casey has no contract after this season, so what happens?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gets extended after successful season

20 34.48%
  • Is fired during the season

6 10.34%
  • Is not resigned and replaced

32 55.17%
Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114
Results 2,261 to 2,277 of 2277

Thread: Everything Dwane Casey

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Some people are just going to hate no matter the sucess. We could get to the Finals next year but, same people will still be saying that he's a bad coach. Haters gon hate.
    If CAVS blow things up and LeBron continues to decline it's not so far fetched.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Who even says the Cavs need to blow things up? How about if we upgrade the 4 spot and have a healthy Jonas?

3. Like Miekenstien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mermuys is gone to the Lakers.

We lost a great coach and head of the 905. So we will have a HC change, guys.
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The main problem with our offense in the playoffs, was that our role-players weren't making their open shots consistently. Patterson, Caroll, Ross and Joseph. That left it up to Demar and Lowry who were hot and cold throughout the playoffs.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    The main problem with our offense in the playoffs, was that our role-players weren't making their open shots consistently. Patterson, Caroll, Ross and Joseph. That left it up to Demar and Lowry who were hot and cold throughout the playoffs.
    That's a problem but I wouldn't say it's necessarily the main problem. I think the main problem was generally that our offense wasn't diversified enough. We started trying to incorporate JV more in the playoffs to change that, but it was unnatural because he was basically not used like that at all during the regular season.

If we make that a focal point from day 1 of 2016/17 then we have a 3-headed, more multi-faceted attack as opposed to just two (especially when those two are guards). Definitely will give us a lot better options in the playoffs and make us tougher to defend. I think also doing that will increase the attention that JV draws on the offensive end making things even easier for our role players.

Yeah we do need guys to make shots of course, but it's bigger than that. It makes me really optimistic though because even with all of those flaws AND JV being injured for most of the Heat series we still won 10 playoff games.

7. Like JawsGT liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    Quote Gambino wrote: View Post
    That's a problem but I wouldn't say it's necessarily the main problem. I think the main problem was generally that our offense wasn't diversified enough. We started trying to incorporate JV more in the playoffs to change that, but it was unnatural because he was basically not used like that at all during the regular season.

If we make that a focal point from day 1 of 2016/17 then we have a 3-headed, more multi-faceted attack as opposed to just two (especially when those two are guards). Definitely will give us a lot better options in the playoffs and make us tougher to defend. I think also doing that will increase the attention that JV draws on the offensive end making things even easier for our role players.

Yeah we do need guys to make shots of course, but it's bigger than that. It makes me really optimistic though because even with all of those flaws AND JV being injured for most of the Heat series we still won 10 playoff games.
    The main problem was DeMar sprained his index finger on his shooting hand, Lowry had a sack of fluid in his shooting elbow, and those guys shot horribly for most of the playoffs. I really think that will be better next year. If those guys are hitting shots, everything opens up for the role players. If you're depending on your role players to save you game after game when your star players can't put the ball in the ocean, you're going to be disappointed.

At the time I was pissed the Raptors were playing so ugly, now it's given me a lot more optimism for next season. JV should be used more, the offence can develop further, and DD + Lowry should be better next time around. It means this team has room to be even better in the postseason regardless of potential roster improvements, but it's also good to know that they can win ugly when needed.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

9. Like JawsGT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

JV gonna be used more next year? I'll believe it when I see it.

Raptors Republic Superstar Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Cody73 wrote: View Post
    Mermuys is gone to the Lakers.

We lost a great coach and head of the 905. So we will have a HC change, guys.
    Mermuys was the one assistant who seemed like he didn't know what he was talking about. Just full of platitudes. So I'm okay with this, and wish him luck.

12. Like 92TillInfinity liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter 92TillInfinity's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Mermuys was the one assistant who seemed like he didn't know what he was talking about. Just full of platitudes. So I'm okay with this, and wish him luck.
    He never had the intensity that we desire...

Raptors Republic Veteran MixxAOR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Maybe he sounded like that. But listening to Scott Suggs and Davion Berry and they really liked him. He knew how to talk to players and get best out of them.

Raptors Republic All-Star DogeLover1234's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably just got lost in all the draft/free agency hype, but ....

Certainly a huge blow to the coaching staff, sense Greer was a big part of improving the defense this year. Hopefully Masai and Casey have someone in mind to replace him.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah losing Greer could be big. If I see us go back to the scramble D I might choke on my own vomit at some point next season.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

17. Like 92TillInfinity liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mindlessness's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Yeah losing Greer could be big. If I see us go back to the scramble D I might choke on my own vomit at some point next season.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Crap, I hope we replace him with someone good.

Post Thanks / Like

Since Coach Greer has left for Minnesota, has there been any talks to find a new defensive coordinator? It's no coincidence that the defense dramatically improved when they went to Greers defensive schemes over the horrible scheme we had 2 years ago.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Since Coach Greer has left for Minnesota, has there been any talks to find a new defensive coordinator? It's no coincidence that the defense dramatically improved when they went to Greers defensive schemes over the horrible scheme we had 2 years ago.
    I thought there was some reference to the Raps waiting until FA gets sorted before chasing coaches, but I am not sure if I am remembering correctly.

Raptors Republic All-Star Just Is's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    All that matters to me ... is that we never ever go back to that scramble defense.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy
    "We Ride with Lowry. We Die with Derozan" - Golden

22. Like Sinbad liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice article on the RR front page, that should surprise nobody, but at least backs up some observations with data. A few money shot quotes, sure to inflame and generate discussion....

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2016/...ing-next-step/

Taking The Next Step: How the Raptors compare to recent finalists and champions

At the bottom of the Ďimportance listí appear two related statistics Ė free throw rate and total free throws made. Ranking high in these categories would mean relying on free throws as a major source of points. Surprisingly, (or maybe not so much) seven of the title winners rank below average in free throw rate, while no champion in the last decade has cracked the top 5 in free throws made. Based on these numbers alone, it appears that centering an offense on the generation of free throw attempts is not conducive to winning a championship.

So how do the Raptors stack up against the last 20 NBA finalists? One of the first things that jump out is the reliance on free throws as a major part of the offense. The Raptors ranked 2nd and 3rd in free throws made and free throw rate respectively in the 15/16 season. This stands in contrast to their 14th and 19th rankings in 3-pointers made and attempted respectively. The offensive strategy makes sense in a vacuum, as the Raptors are short on reliable long distance shooters and possess a quality slasher in DeRozan. The solution to shift the offense to the perimeter lies in the acquisition of more shooters. That makes Terrence Ross more valuable than Toronto fans might like, possibly meaning he will remain on the roster into next season.

24. Like Just Is liked this post
Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114

Thread Information