Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gambino wrote: View Post
    the guys on inside the nba are an example they were saying to bring him off the bench to settle into the game, i cant remember when so itll be hard to find a clip
    That's weird. Most media guys were just surprised that we HAD to play Lowry even if he's slumping as our stats with him off the floor were horrible.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
      im not trying to make anyone look good. Derozan was doodoo for the first 12 or so games of the playoffs with 1 or 2 exceptions. Just saying that Casey letting him and Lowry play through their struggles is helping us now because theyve been able to keep their confidence and give the Cavs a push.

if anything im just giving Dwane credit. He's a better coach than I thought he was. He's been sticking with his guns for the most part but also making adjustments when necessary to keep us in series. Makes his share of mistakes still, but u look at steve kerr looking clueless in the WCF not making a single adjustment and getting obliterated by OKC and you gotta tip your hat to dwane a bit.

i think he's a good enough coach to win a title if u give him the pieces. We have the worst roster by far of the 4 remaining teams and were still in this thing.
      +1
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I think I remember the TNT crew talking about giving Lowry a quick yank if he continued to struggle and give his minutes to Cojo who was playing well at the time.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          I don't recall a single media outlet saying that about Lowry.
          The only people I heard saying that were the people here who were grouping him with Demar.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• The way I feel about Casey is complicated.

He has some games that make me think he's figured it all out. He makes good rotations, things make sense, and it all looks great.

Then he has games where we use no-Lowry/no-DeMar lineups, run no plays, don't adjust to what the other team is doing at all, and it looks awful.

I'm just not sure which coach he's going to be on any given night.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              Good.

Looks like a pile of bullshit to me. There is no source. This isn't journalism, its tabloid filler.

Edit: oh, it's "per several league sources". Funny how this just randomly pops up the night of the biggest game of the series. I'm sure this wasn't put out there to distract or anything.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                I don't recall a single media outlet saying that about Lowry.
                http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle29657335/

It's even more hilarious now.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                  Does Cathal Kelly really count?
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Looks like a pile of bullshit to me. There is no source. This isn't journalism, its tabloid filler.

Edit: oh, it's "per several league sources". Funny how this just randomly pops up the night of the biggest game of the series. I'm sure this wasn't put out there to distract or anything.
                    Give Zach Lowe more credit than that. It's one short line in a very long piece about the Raptors. It's not like he went on a show like First Take or whatever, and talked solely about "my sources tell me" like he was SAS or Broussard.

Blame The Score for creating an entire article out of one now-irrelevant (and not very surprising) tidbit but that's how most internet journalism works these days.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Well it stinks to me. They had just won the most games in franchise history and a lot of the issues revolved around Kyle and Demar choking in round one. The team as a whole overcame that and won without their top two players playing at the level that got them there. I don't care what flaws that people want to pick out about Casey, it's not easy to win when your top two guys play like that and the rest of the team didn't rally by fluke.

Ujiri would have had egg on his face to fire Casey then after coming out only shortly prior and claiming Casey is coming back.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                        Give Zach Lowe more credit than that. It's one short line in a very long piece about the Raptors. It's not like he went on a show like First Take or whatever, and talked solely about "my sources tell me" like he was SAS or Broussard.

Blame The Score for creating an entire article out of one now-irrelevant (and not very surprising) tidbit but that's how most internet journalism works these days.
                        Talking about Chris Broussard... He's been awfully quiet ever since Toronto beat Miami. Did he hang himself or something?

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                          Talking about Chris Broussard... He's been awfully quiet ever since Toronto beat Miami. Did he hang himself or something?
                          One can only hope ....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Well it stinks to me. They had just won the most games in franchise history and a lot of the issues revolved around Kyle and Demar choking in round one. The team as a whole overcame that and won without their top two players playing at the level that got them there. I don't care what flaws that people want to pick out about Casey, it's not easy to win when your top two guys play like that and the rest of the team didn't rally by fluke.

Ujiri would have had egg on his face to fire Casey then after coming out only shortly prior and claiming Casey is coming back.
                            Ujiri has a history of not giving the slightest crap if he has egg on his face, trading guys shortly after re-signing them or praising them as part of the future of the team (mostly in DEN).
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• why does that even matter tho? We won lads.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Ujiri has a history of not giving the slightest crap if he has egg on his face, trading guys shortly after re-signing them or praising them as part of the future of the team (mostly in DEN).
                                What are the examples of that besides the Nene trade?

Comment

Working...
                                X