Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    I love how analysts went from "Raptors just suck" to "Vogel took 7th seed team and almost beat 2nd seed"
    Seth Partnow has been taking shots at DeMar this morning.

Someone pointed out that Vogel won 55 with Lance Stephenson. Partnow responded that Casey won 56 with DeMar.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      Seth Partnow has been taking shots at DeMar this morning.

Someone pointed out that Vogel won 55 with Lance Stephenson. Partnow responded that Casey won 56 with DeMar.
      Lance Stephenson was a stud with Pacers though. I don't know how Vogel got that out of him.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Larry Bird has now fired Frank Vogel and Rick Carlisle. Maybe the problem isn't coaching.
        And wasn't he responsible for the Kawahi Leonard for Hill swap too?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          And wasn't he responsible for the Kawahi Leonard for Hill swap too?
          Yeah, but honestly... I'm not sure Kawhi becomes the player he is on any team other than the Spurs.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Vogel can fly free now. (a little joke for anyone that knows some german)

I think he'll easily find work.

Comment

Yeah, but honestly... I'm not sure Kawhi becomes the player he is on any team other than the Spurs.
              Good point. Lots of players have peaked as a Spur and then disappeared from the league shortly after they leave the organization. Probably why Bonner refuses to go anywhere else.

But just pointing out how many poor decisions Bird has made. I feel bad for Indiana...considering Larry's roots it would be difficult to fire him so they are basically stuck with him.

Comment

I love how analysts went from "Raptors just suck" to "Vogel took 7th seed team and almost beat 2nd seed"
                I respect Vogel. He handled the loss like a man and gave a good press conference where he gave credit to the Raptors. Very polite and professional.

Comment

• Vogel has been on a short leash there for the last couple of years after they nearly blew that first round series to the Hawks after winning the East. I'm not sure Vogel has ever been the guy Bird really wanted in there.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post

maybe stop talking for a while, Larry
                    Man; he really DOES need to just stop talking.

The job will be desirable in the sense that there are only 30 jobs available for head coaches but I can't imagine it will be a lot of people's first choice given these kind of statements.
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Lance Stephenson was a stud with Pacers though. I don't know how Vogel got that out of him.
                      People might be wondering the same thing about DeMar next season... I'm half joking but DeMar is likely to be in a very different system if he leaves. He may be asked to do things he's uncomfortable with. Lance looked like a can't miss FA signing and guess what? He was a system guy, a mirage. Now he's a journeyman.

Comment

• Vogel took a very flawed team and turned them into an elite defensive team and overachieved. He's a damn good coach.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                          Man; he really DOES need to just stop talking.

The job will be desirable in the sense that there are only 30 jobs available for head coaches but I can't imagine it will be a lot of people's first choice given these kind of statements.
                          Maybe he brings in an experienced coach like George Karl. If PG gets dealt though the smart thing would be the bring in a players coach good at developing young guys. Kind of like Sam Mitchell was for the Raptors, you know, someone who they can axe without any hubbub and who isn't breaking the bank.

Comment

• Vogel and Messina, I'd go for either of those two and I'd be very happy with either of them.

Comment

• wait why would PG get traded?
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                Vogel and Messina, I'd go for either of those two and I'd be very happy with either of them.
                                We're not getting either of them, we're stuck with Casey

Comment

Working...
                                X