Are We Poised For Another Rebuilding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are We Poised For Another Rebuilding?

Do you guys think that if Bosh leaves, BC has to start rebuilding this team again? That would mean trading turk, calderon, bargnani, evans, belinelli and leaving the scrappy guys, jack, wright, johnson, derozan and weems.

Its very obvious that this team is not defense-oriented, and everyone knows that to win games, you need defense. Even if BC brings in 1 FA with a strong defensive game, youd still have to teach the other 4 to defend. And after 3 seasons of trying to teach these guys how to play defense, i dont think theyll ever learn.

I think throughout the years, BC has proven he can orchestrate really good deals, but now i think he has to figure out how to get really good players as well.

The whole team is built around Bosh so if he leaves one would think a rebuild would be necessary. If Bosh leaves via a S&T then things really could be shaken up because Colangelo is going to go for the best player available to him. If that happens to be a SF then what about Turkoglu? If it happens to be a PG then what about Calderon and/or Jack? As a side note two of the strongest rumors revolved around Bynum and Lee. Both would fit well and fill a need. Lee would make the team better than Bynum would. Bynum has more upside and he's a lot younger... If Bosh leaves I expect major changes.

Based on Colangelo's track record he wants nothing to do with defense. Sure, Marion was a great defender but the Suns still stunk on D and the Raptors are worse. Will Colangelo change his colors? Would he know a good defender if one walked up and slapped him across the face? These are tough questions to answer indeed.
    Last edited by Apollo; Thu Mar 25, 2010, 11:14 AM.

Comment

i agree Apollo. like i said, BC makes good deals work, unfortunately those deals didnt amount to getting good players. im having doubts tho if BC really wanted to build around CB or he just ended up getting the best players available at that time and with the Raps financial situation. If he really thought of building around CB, he wouldve gotten a Magette type player or kept Marion and gotten a defense oriented PG and center to complement Marion and CB. Marion was good, but i think initially he was already told that he wasnt going to be in the Raps future plans thats why he sought a trade.

Bynum and Lee would definitely be good acquisitions, but both of them are starters and i dont think Bargs will give his starting spot to any of these two. In an ideal world, if we acquired these two and have Bargs come of the bench, we would be the beasts of the east, then maybe trade Jose for CJ Watson or Stuckey then get a scoring SG.....

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
        im having doubts tho if BC really wanted to build around CB or he just ended up getting the best players available at that time and with the Raps financial situation. If he really thought of building around CB, he wouldve gotten a Magette type player or kept Marion and gotten a defense oriented PG and center to complement Marion and CB. Marion was good, but i think initially he was already told that he wasnt going to be in the Raps future plans thats why he sought a trade.
        I have to disagree with that. I think in the off-season he was desperate to do something to market Toronto to Bosh long term. Desperation led to a gamble on Hedo Turkoglu for big money long term. The Hedo deal tells me he wanted Bosh around for the long haul.

Comment

I actually thought the opposite. When we acquired Hedo, it was basically telling Bosh "we need a guy who can finish games because you cant". And im not sure if you noticed but after acquiring Hedo, the more Bosh got aggressive and shot more jumpshots. Good for Bosh, but not good for the team because now we have less ball rotation when we should be having more because of our corner and spot up shooters (bellinelli, calderon, wright). By signing Hedo, you essentially now have 2 players who score off the ball and demand more shots. Hedo thrived in Orlando because he had Dwight, who doesnt need the ball to make plays and works around within 5 feet of the basket. I think when Hedo came in he thought he be the superstar alongside CB, not behind him. Since Hedo is signed probably till he retires, id get Bynum and Lee here, both dont shoot jumpshots and dont demand the ball at the top of the key. Hedo can make plays for these guys.

Comment

Not sure how you go about getting both. Bynum would require Bosh. Lee would require a S&T.

Comment

Maybe a 4 team trade, we get Bynum and Lee
              NYC gets Bosh
              LA gets Beasley
              Miami gets Calderon
              of course, there would be other players thrown in to match salaries but essentially this would be the gyst of the trades.

i think the only roadblock here would be Miami letting go of Beasley. I think LA would be willing to part with Bynum specially now that Pau is complaining about touches. And Bargs might have to be included as well.
              Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Thu Mar 25, 2010, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Beasley for Calderon? Never happen man. If it could happen then why wouldn't the Raptors just do that and score another player in a trade for Bosh?

Comment

If its a straight up trade then it will not work but because we want Lee and Bynum then it probably could.

Comment

It is probably one of the most ludicrous trades I have ever heard of. Miami trades thier second best player and future stud for an over priced point guard who can't play defense and is only mediocre at running an offense. I would be suprised if they were even willing to give up beas in a sign and trade with Bosh.

Comment

If its a straight up trade then it will not work but because we want Lee and Bynum then it probably could.
                      I'm not questioning if it would work. I'm questioning the logic. Why would Miami do it? They could get a better PG than Jose Calderon for Michael Beasley. They could probably land Rubio for Beasley for crying out loud.

Comment

Do you guys think that if Bosh leaves, BC has to start rebuilding this team again?
                        Absolutely

That would mean trading turk, calderon, bargnani
                        Yup -- the first step would be getting those guys off the Raptors' payroll
                        nbaroundtable

Comment

i think you rebuild through the draft instead of refirbishing. you know it's kind of like furniture sure you can ghet your old one refirbished but it will still have problems that will eventually catch up with it again. so, why not just buy some new furniture?
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            I'm not questioning if it would work. I'm questioning the logic. Why would Miami do it? They could get a better PG than Jose Calderon for Michael Beasley. They could probably land Rubio for Beasley for crying out loud.
                            if minny doesn't get rid of rubios' rioghts this offseason his trade value is going to start getting real low. they might be in trouble.

wait to go minny that's what you get for selecting a million friggin point guards in the same draft in the same round. honestly, what went through the gm's mind. "let's see here i got a lot of first round picks, let's just draft a bunch of point guards." minions "sounds like a plan"
                            Last edited by LBF; Fri Mar 26, 2010, 08:36 PM.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

If Bosh leaves go after Gortat or Biedrins moving Bargs to the PF. If Bosh stays and Amir leaves go after Gortat and you will have the best frount court rotation in the league. Gortat is a beast on defense and on the boards and palys the pick and roll extreamly well, eve JJ Redick gets two assits a game playing P&R with him. Remember last year with Turk in the Magic, those pick and rolls with Gortat were one of the best I've seen in a long time (Utah Jazz apart).

Comment

Working...
                              X