Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raptors 2014-15 Projected Wins

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm going with 44-46 wins at most. i don't think lowry/ppat/vasquez are going to play as well as they did last year. other teams now know what we can do, and we were terrible at the end of last season defensively for whatever reason.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    i'm going with 44-46 wins at most. i don't think lowry/ppat/vasquez are going to play as well as they did last year. other teams now know what we can do, and we were terrible at the end of last season defensively for whatever reason.
    Position was locked no reason to win. NBA regular season is too long. Defense suffers without any intensity.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL I love how us playing bad defensively to end the season is now one of your biggest reasons why we won't be as good this season but when I was worried about that during the year you got at me the most LOL. I said as a young team we needed to go into the season playing good basketball because we don't have the experience and it will be hard for us to just turn it on but you kept saying I was just being my negative self. It's like we switched bodies or something. You are a completely different person now than you were during the season. I'm not saying any of your doubts are wrong but I would have never thought YOU of all people would be so negative all offseason like you have been. I call it being a realist though because you do make some good points.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    LOL I love how us playing bad defensively to end the season is now one of your biggest reasons why we won't be as good this season but when I was worried about that during the year you got at me the most LOL. I said as a young team we needed to go into the season playing good basketball because we don't have the experience and it will be hard for us to just turn it on but you kept saying I was just being my negative self. It's like we switched bodies or something. You are a completely different person now than you were during the season. I'm not saying any of your doubts are wrong but I would have never thought YOU of all people would be so negative all offseason like you have been. I call it being a realist though because you do make some good points.
    44-46 wins is being negative? That'd be around 3rd highest wins in franchise history.

Statistically, contract year players play worse the following year. Patterson and vasquez 3 point shots were both career highs in Toronto, which definitely helped us win games. I don't think they're gonna shoot like that next season.

We'll see what Lou Williams can bring to the table. I don't think he made much of an impact in Atlanta and his near 6th man award back in Philly days coincided with being a contract year, of which his stats have not been matched since. (possibly due to being injured a lot afterwards)

Raptors Republic Starter Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That's fair.

Potential positives this year:
    Val/Ross improvements
    James Johnson big upgrade for defense on wing

Potential negatives this year:
    Stronger Eastern conference
    Likely to be more injured than last year
    Lowry/PPat/Vasquez may not duplicate various parts of their performance
    We are lacking a big beard for the first time in a long time

I think we hover at 48 or slightly lower. A big year from Val pushes us over 50.

6. Like Mapko liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

44-46 wins is being negative? That'd be around 3rd highest wins in franchise history.

Statistically, contract year players play worse the following year. Patterson and vasquez 3 point shots were both career highs in Toronto, which definitely helped us win games. I don't think they're gonna shoot like that next season.

We'll see what Lou Williams can bring to the table. I don't think he made much of an impact in Atlanta and his near 6th man award back in Philly days coincided with being a contract year, of which his stats have not been matched since. (possibly due to being injured a lot afterwards)
    That's true 44-46 wins isn't bad. And your worries about Patterson, Vasquez and Lou are all valid and could come true. But to look on the positive side Vasquez was never 100% healthy when he was with us. Him having an offseason to work on his game and come into training camp healthy should help him keep his level of play up. Patterson is still very young and people forget that she he still has growing to do just like Ross, Valanciunas and Derozan. So my hope is he continues to work on his game and comes back with something new added to take that next step. Then with Lou supposedly that injury takes about a year to completely heal. He also wouldn't have had a training camp with the team last year and I believe they got a new coach and a couple new players so he really needed to adjust to the team all over again. Also to me Lou doesn't need to go back to his Phili days for him to be valuable to us. What he did last year wasn't that much worse than his career averages and he's had a pretty solid career as a backup. Also with an offseason to train some more and being ready and healthy for training camp to me should for sure make him at least a bit better than last season. But this is just me being positive. We shall see. Your predictions are just as likely to come to fruition as mine are.

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you being positive
    His worries are valid, but also don't mention the potential improvement of Ross, JV and potentially even DeMar, and the bench looks pretty good, so yeah. I'm thinking the raptors will be a better team overall, but the conference will be a bit tougher so I'm expecting about the same as last year, 46-49ish.

Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    That's true 44-46 wins isn't bad. And your worries about Patterson, Vasquez and Lou are all valid and could come true. But to look on the positive side Vasquez was never 100% healthy when he was with us. Him having an offseason to work on his game and come into training camp healthy should help him keep his level of play up. Patterson is still very young and people forget that she he still has growing to do just like Ross, Valanciunas and Derozan. So my hope is he continues to work on his game and comes back with something new added to take that next step. Then with Lou supposedly that injury takes about a year to completely heal. He also wouldn't have had a training camp with the team last year and I believe they got a new coach and a couple new players so he really needed to adjust to the team all over again. Also to me Lou doesn't need to go back to his Phili days for him to be valuable to us. What he did last year wasn't that much worse than his career averages and he's had a pretty solid career as a backup. Also with an offseason to train some more and being ready and healthy for training camp to me should for sure make him at least a bit better than last season. But this is just me being positive. We shall see. Your predictions are just as likely to come to fruition as mine are.
    Also, keep in mind that this upcoming season would be a contract year for Lou Williams....

Post Thanks / Like

Spectacular post man. Well done.

I think Lowry will be less of a firebrand this year, and the team will lose an edge. I still think we will be competitive and "in" a lot of tough games. I predict 46 wins this year.
    I'm drinking the Kool-Aid. I believe. ECF BABY!

Post Thanks / Like

@DanH i'm just curious are you a math major?
    #BringBackUzoh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote feet85 wrote: View Post
    @DanH i'm just curious are you a math major?
    Engineering.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Although I think it makes sense in terms of injury avoidance, I really doubt KL will play only 30 MPG

Raptors Republic Starter tonious35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think 49 Wins, same as last year. Here is what will change: some teams we swept or beaten in 3 or 4 game sets (WAS, PHI, CLE, ORL, DET) we might lose to them one more than last season, but the teams we got beaten or swept last year by (MIA, CHA, IND, ATL, F@#* BKLYN), we will win one more than last season.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think adding Lou and James to the Raptors bench is a significant upgrade. James is also a situational player who could play with the starting unit when the opposing match-up dictates. Having a better bench is a huge advantage.

There is going to be increased competence from internal growth on such a young team, in particular by JV and Ross, both of whom come back bigger and stronger.

I don't think Lowry loses a step. I think, after being handed the keys to the team and being snubbed for the all-star game last year, he comes back with all of the fire in his belly he showed last season, if not more.

I think DeRozan changes his game with better handles, a better 3 pt shot and gets to the rim more, along with fewer loooog twos (a full shopping list for DeMar).

I think Casey and staff analyse the previous seasons losses, and particularly the playoff series and improve their defensive schemes (as the players improve their understanding of help defense -I'm looking at you JV and DeMar - as well as their offensive plays (inbounds plays anyone).

Continuity will lead to improved offense simply because the players will understand each other better and will come into the season having greater trust in each other, so despite an improved Eastern Conference, I expect the Raps to hit 50 wins.

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to predict 51 wins.
    We will never blow anyone out and we will never get blown out.
    We will win a double overtime game by a game winning put back dunk by jonas on bosh and the heat.
    Bruno will get posterized by someone and will go off for 23 points.
    Austin daye drops 32 in his infamous return to t.o
    Ross will posterize mozgav twice
    Dd will average 21/5/6
    Bebe gets a head and shoulders endorcement deal because of his luscious hair.

We will sweep Miami in round 1 and take Cleveland to 7 games but lose on a heartbreaking offensive foul call on lowry in the final seconds due to garbage officiating in round 2. Adam silver will be in attendance...those are my predictions
    Last edited by Yabadabayolo; Sun Jul 20th, 2014 at 11:13 AM.
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    That's fair.

Potential positives this year:
    Val/Ross improvements
    James Johnson big upgrade for defense on wing

Potential negatives this year:
    Stronger Eastern conference
    Likely to be more injured than last year
    Lowry/PPat/Vasquez may not duplicate various parts of their performance
    We are lacking a big beard for the first time in a long time

I think we hover at 48 or slightly lower. A big year from Val pushes us over 50.
    Hey! We still have that 15th spot available on the roster! Maybe we'll sign a PG growing the James Harden
    @Boymusic66

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TSF wrote: View Post
    Hey! We still have that 15th spot available on the roster! Maybe we'll sign a PG growing the James Harden
    I heard the game can ball haha
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of high expectations for win totals around here. I personally think they will win fewer games (going with 46) but will be a better team. East is going to be better. Lowry was healthy last year for the first time in his career, unlikely to repeat that; and losing him for 10 games is likely a tough stretch for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    I'm going to predict 51 wins.
    We will never blow anyone out and we will never get blown out.
    We will win a double overtime game by a game winning put back dunk by jonas on bosh and the heat.
    Bruno will get posterized by someone and will go off for 23 points.
    Austin daye drops 32 in his infamous return to t.o
    Ross will posterize mozgav twice
    Dd will average 21/5/6
    Bebe gets a head and shoulders endorcement deal because of his luscious hair.

We will sweep Miami in round 1 and take Cleveland to 7 games but lose on a heartbreaking offensive foul call on lowry in the final seconds due to garbage officiating in round 2. Adam silver will be in attendance...those are my predictions
    Austin Daye won't do shit in his return to Toronto haha
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    A lot of high expectations for win totals around here. I personally think they will win fewer games (going with 46) but will be a better team. East is going to be better. Lowry was healthy last year for the first time in his career, unlikely to repeat that; and losing him for 10 games is likely a tough stretch for us.
    How is last year the first time Lowry has been healthy?

07-08: 82 games
    08-09: 77 games
    09-10: 68 games
    10-11: 75 games
    12-13: 68 games

The only seasons he really had big health issues were his first season and 11-12 (the season he was getting serious all-star consideration early before getting hurt and losing his starter spot).

Plus I think Lowry won't have to play as many minutes this year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information