Hassan Whiteside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Most people defend it I'll post links. It was an injury. Josh Smith and Fields is a bad contract McGee was bad luck.
    It's a bad contract. It's always been a bad contract. No link to some half-baked article trying to justify the spending because of production or peers will make it any less bad. It was a really stupid gamble and it didn't pay off. There were absolutely no indications from watching him play that he was starting to "get" anything any better, and he hadn't even really improved his skills in any real way. It was a big time mistake, and if Masai had stayed in Denver, it may have been the move that cost him his job there.

Comment

Most people defend it I'll post links. It was an injury. Josh Smith and Fields is a bad contract McGee was bad luck.
      Bad luck as in Mcgee was unlucky to be born without a functioning brain?

Comment

• Hassan Whiteside just did atriple double with 12 blocks.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          It's a bad contract. It's always been a bad contract. No link to some half-baked article trying to justify the spending because of production or peers will make it any less bad. It was a really stupid gamble and it didn't pay off. There were absolutely no indications from watching him play that he was starting to "get" anything any better, and he hadn't even really improved his skills in any real way. It was a big time mistake, and if Masai had stayed in Denver, it may have been the move that cost him his job there.
          They dumped Nene for him. Nene would have been just as bad or worse on the Nuggets

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
            Hassan Whiteside just did atriple double with 12 blocks.
            Good to know thanks
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• For those saying that we had him in Summer League - having a player on your summer league team gives you zero advantage in signing them. Any team could see the same thing we saw in summer league. Any team could have signed him. It's not like we waived him or anything.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                For those saying that we had him in Summer League - having a player on your summer league team gives you zero advantage in signing them. Any team could see the same thing we saw in summer league. Any team could have signed him. It's not like we waived him or anything.
                I think it's more because of the "we had such a close look at him, shouldn't we have known how good he is?"....But if anyone saw summer league, he did little to impress.

He also got a preseason invite from Memphis...and was waived before the season started.

And in his own words, he called every team for a workout and Miami was the only one who said yes and brought him in. (Source: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nb...le6038316.html)

So yeah, not sure why people are upset.

Comment

• In January he's averaging 12 points, 9 boards, 4 blocks, and 70% FG shooting in only 22 minutes a game. MONSTER

Comment

• Whiteside and Covington have been fantasy gold for me
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

They dumped Nene for him. Nene would have been just as bad or worse on the Nuggets
                      I'm going to link an article that shows Nene is far superior to McGee, McGee had slightly better rebounding #'s than Nene last year.

But the Wiz with Nene on the court were #1 in DRB%, Nuggets with McGee were #199 (that's not a typo - #199).

Why? Some I'm sure has to do with team mates, but the biggest reason is because Nene boxed out each and every time - McGee, not so much. Things we as fans don't even think about much.

http://www.vantagesports.com/#story/...tting-rebounds
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        I'm going to link an article that shows Nene is far superior to McGee, McGee had slightly better rebounding #'s than Nene last year.

But the Wiz with Nene on the court were #1 in DRB%, Nuggets with McGee were #199 (that's not a typo - #199).

Why? Some I'm sure has to do with team mates, but the biggest reason is because Nene boxed out each and every time - McGee, not so much. Things we as fans don't even think about much.

http://www.vantagesports.com/#story/...tting-rebounds
                        Faried is the PF. OReb he is great defensive rebounds not so much. Nuggets were still run n gun even after changing coaches. Nene doesn't fit. Even on the Wizards Nene kills offense and defense. He also made more than McGee.

Comment

• Well done for Whiteside, but man... Pau Gasol is soft...
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• JV: 46 blocks in 1133 minutes. (43 games)

Whiteside: 46 blocks in 287 minutes. (18 games)
                            (20 ppg, 20 rpg, 8.6 bpg per 100 possessions)

one day, he'll be mentioned in the same breath as russell. beast.

Comment

• Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                                JV: 46 blocks in 1133 minutes. (43 games)

Whiteside: 46 blocks in 287 minutes. (18 games)
                                (20 ppg, 20 rpg, 8.6 bpg per 100 possessions)

one day, he'll be mentioned in the same breath as russell. beast.
                                No one gets mentioned in the same breath as russell

Comment

Working...
                                X