Hassan Whiteside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hassan Whiteside

If we can't acquire a backup C, and a chance that Bebe might not get the buyout from Spain, perhaps we should look into Hassan Whiteside as our backup C behind Val. I know it's a gamble but he dude played great for the Raptors Summer League.

I like Hassan. Active, huge frame, rebounds well, and He can even drive on the face-up.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

The guys is a beast in the paint and he has a fierce attitude
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

At the very least he can clog the lane a bit like Aaron Gray did so big's like Demarcus Cousins won't abuse us that much. An athletic big like Jonas and an undersized big Chuck Hayes are rendered useless when defending a real big centre thus there is a need for that.

Comment

I don't think he is the best big available. Okafor is still un-signed, right?
          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
            At the very least he can clog the lane a bit like Aaron Gray did so big's like Demarcus Cousins won't abuse us that much. An athletic big like Jonas and an undersized big Chuck Hayes are rendered useless when defending a real big centre thus there is a need for that.
            Funnily enough Hayes defended Cousins really well when they last played.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
              I don't think he is the best big available. Okafor is still un-signed, right?
              Would you rather an old big with injury concerns and no chance to improve or a young big that does close to the same thing with many opportunities to improve...id take the latter
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                Would you rather an old big with injury concerns and no chance to improve or a young big that does close to the same thing with many opportunities to improve...id take the latter
                Not to mention even with all okafor's injury trouble he would be way more expensive than Whiteside.

Comment

whiteside doesn't remotely move the needle
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

He's much bigger since the last time I saw him a few years back, although i can see his attitude hindering his ability to get a contract. I would still take him over Chuck Hayes any day of the week on the court. I see Hayes as a locker room guy and a mentor for the young ones.

Comment

knowledgep wrote: View Post
                      He's much bigger since the last time I saw him a few years back, although i can see his attitude hindering his ability to get a contract. I would still take him over Chuck Hayes any day of the week on the court. I see Hayes as a locker room guy and a mentor for the young ones.
                      I think you nailed it in reference to his attitude. Dude is a serious head case and if you watched the Raps/Rox game you can see why he's in summer league. Dude just doesn't know how to keep guys from getting under his skin and resorts to thuggish play and trying to do too much. He also just has a limited BBall IQ from what I've seen/heard. Despite last night being a "must win" (lol, Summer league must win) he was unaware of his foul situation and trying to drive from the top of the key through heavy traffic.

When you see a guy with his gifts of talent and size and he can't get even a minimum contract you know something is very wrong.
                      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

No on Whiteside. If he was such a beast inside, then he would've played in the NBA the last 2 seasons. He has played a total of 20 games for Sac. 1 in his rookie year 2010-2011, and 19 in 2011-2012. I would much rather take a chance on Okafor who would provide veteran leadership for Jonas' development. We have plenty of projects on this team right now. No need for another.
                        Welp, that sucked.

Comment

I'll pass. If Ed got a 2 year 2 million dollar deal, I'm sure we can get someone for the vet's min.

Comment

Whiteside is terrible. We already have Bebe as a project C, and Jonas is still young too (same age as Bebe actually). Don't need another, especially one who hasn't shown any real improvement other than getting bigger since being drafted. If Bebe is brought onto the roster this year, absolutely no need for him...if he's not, I'd rather have a vet who can contribute anyway than bring in Whiteside.

Comment

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                              I'll pass. If Ed got a 2 year 2 million dollar deal, I'm sure we can get someone for the vet's min.
                              Could be a sign that the money's dried up for free agents...so yeah, maybe we get someone on the cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X