Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    No one gets mentioned in the same breath as russell
    How about we have this conversation again in 8 years?

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      How about we have this conversation again in 8 years?
      Sure, but unless Whiteside has 11 championships and is considered one of the best competitors in all of sport...there really won't be a conversation to be had. Blocking shots does not make one like Russell.

Comment

• Dude....

If only we had signed him instead of Steamer.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Sure, but unless Whiteside has 11 championships and is considered one of the best competitors in all of sport...there really won't be a conversation to be had. Blocking shots does not make one like Russell.
          Do you take Doc Rivers as a fool??

http://nesn.com/2014/02/doc-rivers-d...e-some-traits/

If a mere man such as 'DeAndre' can be compared to Russell, why can't Hassan 'the GOATside' as well?

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            Do you take Doc Rivers as a fool??

http://nesn.com/2014/02/doc-rivers-d...e-some-traits/

If a mere man such as 'DeAndre' can be compared to Russell, why can't Hassan 'the GOATside' as well?
            Honestly a little bit, especially in how Rivers talks up players in the media.

*From the article you posted

Listen, Jordan is already a solid defensive presence in the middle. He’s only 25 years old and could be on his way to developing into a major interior force. By the time Russell was 25, though, he’d won three titles and a Most Valuable Player award. He had completely altered the way people looked at the game of basketball. He was transformative.

Like Russell, Jordan is tall. Like Russell, Jordan blocks shots. If those are the traits Rivers “genuinely” sees the two players sharing, then that’s fair. Beyond that, comparing them is like comparing apples to wombats.
            Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Jan 26, 2015, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
              Dude....

If only we had signed him instead of Steamer.
              Wouldn't matter.. if we had minutes, I'd rather it go to Bebe. Steamer is basically a mentor for JV. Went to a game this year, and Steamer was talking to JV a lot.. and was helping him out during the shoot around before the game started. Like that he's on the roster for that reason.

Comment

• I'm I the only one who is concerned that we have Steamer teaching Val?

I feel like that may not be too great of an idea

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  I'm I the only one who is concerned that we have Steamer teaching Val?

I feel like that may not be too great of an idea
                  Meh. Chuck's there giving him veteran input too...and probably much more valuable input. I have no clue what Steamer or Magloire can teach Jonas.

Comment

• 16 & 16 too sick

Comment

• No use crying over spilled milk in regards to Whiteside... Master P played in more meaningful games for the Raps than he did.

Hindsight says it's too bad we didn't give him a better shot to make the team, but the brass wanted vets in the frontcourt depth chart, which was hard to argue given the success of last season.

Good for him though, making the best of another chance.

Comment

• Casey wouldn't even let Hassan Whiteside play and develop in our system so he would have never had the opportunity to grow and mature like he is doing in Miami (Casey hates using big's and has no patience for players with little or no experience). Heck people should be mad at Casey for reducing minutes for JV and letting Bebe just rot on the bench for nothing. I still don't get why we signed Stiemsma in the first place, even if JV were to go down, Stiems would never get minutes because overjoy Casey would use that to farther his small ball strategy to the very end.

Comment

• Whiteside tonight vs Mavs:

16pts 24rbs
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Whiteside tonight vs Mavs:

16pts 24rbs
                            is this Linsanity type shit....lmao seriously
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• NBA fantasy Ejaculation has occured

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Whiteside tonight vs Mavs:

16pts 24rbs
                                HOLY SHIT...

I bet Casey is drooling from a distance, wonder what it would take to grab him?
                                2 monster games in a week..

Comment

Working...
                                X