Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed David to the Lakers for 2mm over 2 years

man thats cheap.

Looks like NBA teams don't think he's anywhere close to as good as some of us think he is.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Dr Haywood Jablowme wrote: View Post
      man thats cheap.
      Ya I was surprised at how cheap they managed to get him.. I wonder if there's a player option on Year 2 or something.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
        Ya I was surprised at how cheap they managed to get him.. I wonder if there's a player option on Year 2 or something.
        there's a player option next season.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Looks like NBA teams don't think he's anywhere close to as good as some of us think he is.
          But he's not really that good is he? He's a skinny, wiry PF with an inconsistent shot and simple post moves (but not the strength to use them on big guys)
          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            there's a player option next season.
            Oh ok, that makes more sense then. A cool $1M to live and train in LA, and likely grow your status even a little bit for just having played semi-decently... Look at Jordan Hill.

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
              But he's not really that good is he? He's a skinny, wiry PF with an inconsistent shot and simple post moves (but not the strength to use them on big guys)
              No he isn't that good, but there were more than a few posters here who have been wanting to bring him back.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

As far as Hill, it certainly looks like the Lakers braintrust believes his mediocre play was more a result of d'Antoni's system than his abilities. Maybe they're right, but that's a lot of money to pay for that assumption. Really wondering who they were bidding against to give Hill such a sweet deal.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  As far as Hill, it certainly looks like the Lakers braintrust believes his mediocre play was more a result of d'Antoni's system than his abilities. Maybe they're right, but that's a lot of money to pay for that assumption. Really wondering who they were bidding against to give Hill such a sweet deal.
                  More like they wanted to tank but there's a minimum payroll rule, so they paid Jordan Hill to reach minimum payroll.

I think Hill was pretty good, though. He's a high quality backup. If they wanted to pay someone 9 mil for just 1 year and then have cap space, then Jordan Hill is about as good as it gets. I think he could be worth a multi-year midlevel to some team, but of course if you want him on a 1 year contract, you have to give a bonus.

Comment

Ed was buried on the bench in Memphis by two different coaches with little faith in him. When he left the Raptors his stock was at an all time high.

Comment

Bring Ed back ):
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                      X