No announcement yet.

Drop Buycks for Marshall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marshall is 100% more fun on Twitter too, so I would approve this move.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Only issue I see with Marshall is lack of defense. Doesn't fit with the Casey masai memo of getting players that fit Casey's desires. However Calderon was not a feat defensive PG either and Casey masked him.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
        I would like to get Marshall, I think he will be a terrific backup behind Lowry so we can package Vazquez + Amir or Fields for an established PF like Monroe
        Look at you always trying to deal .

Comment

I am in favour of picking up Marshall.

Comment

I would prefer Okafor instead of Buycks

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              Thanks didn't know TPE were good for that.

Where can one find waiver order?
              I believe the rule is if there's more than one offer, team with worst record gets the claim. Not completely sure though.

Comment

is it just me or is he too good to be a third stringer. Sure i love him to be but hes more of a starting pg for a tanking team or a backup for a playoff team. So basically like a shorter and younger gv
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                  is it just me or is he too good to be a third stringer. Sure i love him to be but hes more of a starting pg for a tanking team or a backup for a playoff team. So basically like a shorter and younger gv
                  If he were a FA, I'm sure he'd rather sign somewhere he wouldn't be in street clothes half the time, but with waivers, he goes to the claiming team, no?
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Only issue I see with Marshall is lack of defense. Doesn't fit with the Casey masai memo of getting players that fit Casey's desires. However Calderon was not a feat defensive PG either and Casey masked him.
                    I feel like elite defense is just as much about schemes as personnel.

That Dallas team that won the title masked quite a few guys that got a lot of minutes but weren't particularly great defenders: Dirk, Barea, JET, etc.

Comment

A 3rd PG is important but I think its more important to keep that roster spot free for a future trade (to keep flexibility open). If something drastic happened like an injury to GV or KL then they could go out to the D-league and find a guy to fill in for the year. Marshall is an okay player.. he sucked before he got to play for D'Antoni which is usually the case for PG's in the league.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        If he were a FA, I'm sure he'd rather sign somewhere he wouldn't be in street clothes half the time, but with waivers, he goes to the claiming team, no?
                        yea so thats why i wouldnt really want the raptors to try and claim him. hes too good for the role we got available
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                          completely agree on everything including the player comparison, Marshall is not a 3rd string PG, he's a talented PG thats earned playing time in this league

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          A 3rd PG is important but I think its more important to keep that roster spot free for a future trade (to keep flexibility open). If something drastic happened like an injury to GV or KL then they could go out to the D-league and find a guy to fill in for the year. Marshall is an okay player.. he sucked before he got to play for D'Antoni which is usually the case for PG's in the league.
                          Marshall is only 22 and this was just his 2nd year in the league...pretty harsh to say he sucked when your talking about his rookie season! 8 pts, 8.8 assists for a second year player is good regardless of playing for D'Antoni...he's gonna be a pretty damn good player in this league...

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
                            completely agree on everything including the player comparison, Marshall is not a 3rd string PG, he's a talented PG thats earned playing time in this league

Marshall is only 22 and this was just his 2nd year in the league...pretty harsh to say he sucked when your talking about his rookie season! 8 pts, 8.8 assists for a second year player is good regardless of playing for D'Antoni...he's gonna be a pretty damn good player in this league...
                            If he's so good then why did the Lakers waive him considering he's on a minimum deal?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              If he's so good then why did the Lakers waive him considering he's on a minimum deal?
                              That is what I'm wondering.

Woj said they'd be looking to resign if he cleared waivers.

Maybe get him back at more years with less pay given his current status in league? Help secure cheap roster spot moving forward?

I'm just talking out loud here

Comment

might have some thing to do with almost $18mil already tied up in 2 PGs ahead of him in the depth chart in nash & lin and he's a defensive liability, not saying he's a star but he's a 40% 3pt shooter & his 8.8 assists was 2nd only to Chris Paul & 3.18 assist-turnover ratio ranked 5th overall... my point is he's not a 3rd string PG...he's better than that

Comment

Working...
                                X