Drop Buycks for Marshall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

caccia wrote: View Post
    Marshall ranked second in the league among qualified point guards in assists per game, ahead of those pikers, John Wall, Ricky Rubio, and Ty Lawson. He did turn it over at a rate of 3.45 per 36 minutes, but that was still better than Rajon Rondo, John Wall, Stephen Curry, Michael Carter-Williams, and Russell Westbrook. What this comes down to is that he ranked seventh in the league in Assist/Turnover ratio (Lowry was eleventh). You can say the numbers were "inflated" due to playing style, but if you watched him with the Lakers, as I did, he was just marvelous at passing the ball. This was essentially his rookie season, so of course he has a lot of aspects of his game to improve--but not so many as Bruno Caboclo.
    yea & in just 45 starts & 54 games, he also finished in the top 10 for total assists...so lets do the math here..top 10 in total assists, top 5 assists-turnover ratio & top 2 assists per game in his 2nd season at just 22...safe to say he's one of the better options out there right now

Comment

The Toronto Raptors have decided to release point guard Dwight Buycks within the next two days, before his contract guarantee date on Monday, league sources told RealGM.

Buycks averaged 19.7 points and 4.3 assists in the Las Vegas Summer League, ranking sixth in scoring and seventh in assists. The Raptors grew fond of Buycks’ play a season ago and received trade interest from other NBA teams for the 25-year-old.

Several teams are expected to pursue Buycks in free agency.

Buycks went undrafted out of Marquette University in 2011, and the 6-foot-3 guard played overseas for two seasons before an impressive showing with the Raptors in summer league last year as a tenacious, swift player. In 14 regular season games for Toronto, he averaged 3.1 points and 1.6 rebounds.
      http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-Dwight-Buycks

Kendall Marshall bid coming?

Comment

All the best to Buycks
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

A good move, but would he agree to a reserve role when he could get more burn elsewhere? Also, wouldn't we prefer a 3rd stringer who defends? Marshall is as unathletic as they come. Grievis and Lou Williams aren't good defenders. Would a Toney Douglas/Shelvin Mack fill a greater need considering the lack of defensive depth in our backcourt?

Don't get me wrong, Marshall would do just fine. Just playing devils advocate.

Comment

My sources tell me Kabongo is going to snag the spot.
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

IROR wrote: View Post
              A good move, but would he agree to a reserve role when he could get more burn elsewhere? Also, wouldn't we prefer a 3rd stringer who defends? Marshall is as unathletic as they come. Grievis and Lou Williams aren't good defenders. Would a Toney Douglas/Shelvin Mack fill a greater need considering the lack of defensive depth in our backcourt?

Don't get me wrong, Marshall would do just fine. Just playing devils advocate.
              Can't comment on Mack...but Douglas is awful. Looked pretty washed up on Miami last year when called into action, which is alarming because he's only 28. **quick checking up on Mack, Atlanta gave him a QO, so he's a restricted free agent and the QO is around $1.1M. Don't see him as a legit option.

And as for the first question, I'm sure Marshall would like a reserve role just fine rather than washing out of the league. I mean, he is getting waived by a team with no PG, so that's gotta be a bit telling. **I forgot about Lin...the statement stands.

As for D....we're talking 3rd stringer, and at PG, if we're forced to rely on such a guy, I'd rather they can actually run the offence, since it's only likely they'll see time if someone ahead of them gets injured. A 3rd string PG who defends but can do nothing else well is, well, basically that's Ben Uzoh.
              Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Jul 19, 2014, 01:25 PM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Can't comment on Mack...but Douglas is awful. Looked pretty washed up on Miami last year when called into action, which is alarming because he's only 28.

And as for the first question, I'm sure Marshall would like a reserve role just fine rather than washing out of the league. I mean, he is getting waived by a team with no PG, so that's gotta be a bit telling.

As for D....we're talking 3rd stringer, and at PG, if we're forced to rely on such a guy, I'd rather they can actually run the offence, since it's only likely they'll see time if someone ahead of them gets injured. A 3rd string PG who defends but can do nothing else well is, well, basically that's Ben Uzoh.
                Lol Ben uzoh, well said. I also dislike Douglas, he just came to mind because of his on ball defence. Shelvin Mack had a nice game against the Raps this year, can hit a 3 and defend. Looks ok at getting in the lane.

Mike James is another alternative, although I didn't see him in action this year and will be turning 40....

Comment

IROR wrote: View Post
                  Lol Ben uzoh, well said. I also dislike Douglas, he just came to mind because of his on ball defence. Shelvin Mack had a nice game against the Raps this year, can hit a 3 and defend. Looks ok at getting in the lane.

Mike James is another alternative, although I didn't see him in action this year and will be turning 40....
                  Again, Mack just doesn't seem realistic. His QO at 1.1 means you'd have to offer more...maybe a lot more since the only other PG on the Hawks roster is Schroeder. Mack was their main backup a lot last year, and I could see them being willing to match offers up to anything reasonable. And it makes no sense to offer a 3rd string PG (for us) something unreasonable.

No Mike James...he's done.

It's a pretty shitty market for 3rd string PGs. Marshall would be a pretty good get. Another guy the Raps were randomly connected to this summer is Toure Murry...no clue what he'd bring.

Comment

Marshall got waived? Are you for real? Who would waive great set-up man?

Comment

Again, Mack just doesn't seem realistic. His QO at 1.1 means you'd have to offer more...maybe a lot more since the only other PG on the Hawks roster is Schroeder. Mack was their main backup a lot last year, and I could see them being willing to match offers up to anything reasonable. And it makes no sense to offer a 3rd string PG (for us) something unreasonable.

It's a pretty shitty market for 3rd string PGs. Marshall would be a pretty good get. Another guy the Raps were randomly connected to this summer is Toure Murry...no clue what he'd bring.
                      Definitely, Marshall is the best of the bunch. Murray also had a good game against the raps this year. I thought he looked more of a 2 guard than a 1. Regardless, whoever suits up (literally in a suit) as the 3rd stringer likely won't have much impact on wins and losses, unless 2 of Lowry GV and Lou go down for extended periods.

Comment

Mack would be great but he's restricted and the Hawks missed out on all their big free agent targets so they still have space left to match any offer to Mack. Mack is their backup PG, Schroeder is 3rd string, so the Hawks would probably go as high as $2.5M to resign Mack. So I like him, but he's not a great target since we'd have to overpay to get Atlanta to not match.

I'm all for signing Marshall. Especially if the other option is Kabongo.

Comment

Can't comment on Mack...but Douglas is awful. Looked pretty washed up on Miami last year when called into action, which is alarming because he's only 28. **quick checking up on Mack, Atlanta gave him a QO, so he's a restricted free agent and the QO is around $1.1M. Don't see him as a legit option.

And as for the first question, I'm sure Marshall would like a reserve role just fine rather than washing out of the league. I mean, he is getting waived by a team with no PG, so that's gotta be a bit telling. **I forgot about Lin...the statement stands.

yeesssssss
                          #BringBackUzoh

Comment

...A 3rd string PG who defends but can do nothing else well is, well, basically that's Ben Uzoh.
                            Mr. Triple Double.

Comment

Close the thread..... Marshall picked up by milwaukee

Comment

Donyell Marshall?

Comment

Working...
                                X