X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Smith to TO

Trade proposal:

Detroit Out: Josh Smith & Josh Harrellson

Toronto Out: Amir & Fields or Hayes. Alternatively, since this is mostly a salary dump for Detroit, we could send them nothing Fields and Hayes, and then send them our 2015 draft pick (late 1st round).

Now, I realize this might be a bit unpopular given Smiths contract and performance last season. However, I was reading about a potential trade to Sacramento and the thought of Smith playing for the Raptors crossed my mind. After looking up his stats, I began liking the idea more and more. His career stats are basically 16/8/3 with 1.5stls and 2blks per game. These get even better when you only consider the seasons where he played his natural position at pf, particularly his shooting slashes, as his FG% was close to or over 50% in each of those seasons as he plays closer to the rim and becomes more selective with the 3 ball. The advanced stats tend to back up this observation, as his average PER from '08-'13 was 19.

While this trade would eat into our available cap space over the next few years, we would have a legitimate starting power forward who provides scoring, length, great D and rim protection from the 4-spot, as well as shots the 3 well enough to keep defences honest and space the floor. The cap space becomes less important when you consider that we will likely end up giving Amir a decent pay raise next summer anyways. Finally, we have to consider if we have a REALISTIC shot at landing a better FA over the next 2 years anyways. I doubt this trade would happen, but it is the kind of move we might have to make in order to take us to the next level.
    Being a Toronto Raptors fan is like being in an abusive relationship... Every time you've reached your breaking point after years of disappointment and neglect, they do just enough to give you hope for the future... Only to let you down again.

Here's hoping 2014-2015 breaks the cycle!!! #WeTheNorth

I second this trade but will Josh Smith signs with us for long term, Josh Smith is a lot better than Amir Johnson at this point in his career!

Comment

Josh Smith had a very bad year last season and he has a contract at $13.5 million that Detroit would love to be rid of. I love what Amir brings to the Raptors. He has a higher PER than Smith even though he doesn't look to score that much.

Comment

If tenforthewin approves your trade it don't bode well son
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
        X