Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 168

Thread: 15th man- Backup Centre or 3rd PG

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Starter Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Windsor, Ontario
    Posts
    485
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I realize he doesn't fit the need of a big PG that can guard twos that would be optimal, but I honestly think we should pick up Peyton Siva at the min. He can't shoot but he can create and if he were to develop a shot he'd be a legit back up PG. It's a risk to think that he'll ever be good enough to have a role in a rotation but I think it's worth it. It's just 3rd string PG for crying out loud

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 007 wrote: View Post
    Bledsoe has not been signed yet I don't think.
    He wants 5/80 million , Suns offered 4/48

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    I realize he doesn't fit the need of a big PG that can guard twos that would be optimal, but I honestly think we should pick up Peyton Siva at the min. He can't shoot but he can create and if he were to develop a shot he'd be a legit back up PG. It's a risk to think that he'll ever be good enough to have a role in a rotation but I think it's worth it. It's just 3rd string PG for crying out loud
    Deonte Burton undrafted playing for the Wiz is worth a look after Summer League. Physical PG ideal for development.

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic Starter Dr Hannibal Lecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    376
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So looks like I was right about the 2 summer league bums,they have been let go or waived,damn I should of been a GM
    Topic is back up center or pg,well we need both,how is that possible,trade of course silly



    Oklahoma City sends

    Kendrick Perkins and Reggie Jackson(Over stocked with Centers and pg,both players are expandable with Ibaka,Adams,Thabeet,Collison and with recent signing of Telfair with Oklahoma City make jackson 4th pg,behind Westrbrook,Telfair and young christon)

    Toronto Sends

    L.Fields and Chuck Hayes and 2nd rd pick


    All players have one year deals left,after this year they are all free agents.
    Gives a chance for all players 2 contribute with their new team.
    I've just check the espn trade machine,hey now,it works
    Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Sat Jul 19th, 2014 at 11:05 PM.
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

  5. #45
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mr.Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    So looks like I was right about the 2 summer league bums,they have been let go or waived,damn I should of been a GM
    Topic is back up center or pg,well we need both,how is that possible,trade of course silly



    Oklahoma City sends

    Kendrick Perkins and Reggie Jackson(Over stocked with Centers and pg,both players are expandable with Ibaka,Adams,Thabeet,Collison and with recent signing of Telfair with Oklahoma City make jackson 4th pg,behind Westrbrook,Telfair and young christon)

    Toronto Sends

    L.Fields and Chuck Hayes and 2nd rd pick


    All players have one year deals left,after this year they are all free agents.
    Gives a chance for all players 2 contribute with their new team.
    I've just check the espn trade machine,hey now,it works
    No way any of those guys are capable of taking jackson's spot on OKC's bench

    EDIT: Aside from Westbrooke, obviously lol talkin bout Telfair and Christon
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

    - Walter White

  6. #46
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,477
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not sure what happened to Kendall Marshall, but I would take that guy in a heartbeat and go from there. DAD has played well in SL, but I think it would be beneficial to him and the team if he could get regular minutes in Europe or D League. He looks like a serious candidate to be a rotational player in this league though.

  7. #47
    Raptors Republic Rookie feet85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Scarborough,ON
    Posts
    182
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If ur looking at 3rd string pg I say go after Daniel Gibson (Can flat out shoot) or Ben Uzoh (is an above average defender)

    If you want a back up C then I say go after Ekpe Udoh
    #BringBackUzoh

  8. #48
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote feet85 wrote: View Post
    If ur looking at 3rd string pg I say go after Daniel Gibson (Can flat out shoot) or Ben Uzoh (is an above average defender)

    If you want a back up C then I say go after Ekpe Udoh
    Lots of projects will be available on other SL rosters. Our roster was garbage, pass on all.

  9. #49
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,781
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Depending on what happens to the available free agent centers by the end of the off-season, Raps might want to take a look at the D-League. Lower level competition, but men playing against men, and playing the NBA style of play. For spot minutes, that is probably good enough.

  10. #50
    Raptors Republic Rookie StaytheCourse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    115
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Marshall makes sense to me.

    Amir can also play the 5 in a pinch so we're good there imo.
    Twitter:@coachclement

    The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

  11. #51
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    467
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Marshall was picked up by the Bucks.

  12. #52
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    222
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    ...
    2) Amir Johnson playing too many minutes
    Amir's health was a big factor in dragging down the Raptors, especially in the home-stretch and with two sophomores in the play-offs.
    I'd wait until camp before making the decision but a centre would be on top of my list.

  13. #53
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Can't believe never thought of this before.....

    There are always extra players for trailing camp.

    Leave spot open until then.

    No need to lock into contract now and keeps that flexibility for possible trades.

  14. #54
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    2,034
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Can't believe never thought of this before.....

    There are always extra players for trailing camp.

    Leave spot open until then.

    No need to lock into contract now and keeps that flexibility for possible trades.
    Meh. If you sign a guy to an unguaranteed contract, he can be waived at any time.

    And in the offseason, you can have a bunch of extra players beyond the 15 man roster. So any trade flexibility would be untouched by an unguaranteed deal.

  15. #55
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Marshall is signing with the Bucks
    Last edited by tenforthewin; Sun Jul 20th, 2014 at 10:44 AM.

  16. #56
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,974
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default



    Maybe Masai is off to the deep jungles of Burma to find that elusive defensive, pass-first PG?
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  17. #57
    Raptors Republic Starter 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    468
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Marshall is signing with the Bucks
    Why do the Bucks have to sign him? Does he have any choice? I thought when Bucks claimed him, he automatically became a Buck at whatever salary he had signed for with the Lakers ($915K)

  18. #58
    Raptors Republic Starter TSF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    594
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GoingBig wrote: View Post
    Amir's health was a big factor in dragging down the Raptors, especially in the home-stretch and with two sophomores in the play-offs.
    I'd wait until camp before making the decision but a centre would be on top of my list.
    I just think best talent/potential available. We're 3 deep at PG, Amir/JV/Bebe/Hayes can all play the 5. If there's a five who can shoot, go with him. A 6'5 PG with potential? go with him. We don't have a need at present.
    @Boymusic66

  19. #59
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,881
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Deandre Daniels

    we don't need another pg or big so why not have DD2? he can practice with and against nba players. build chemistry with the team.

    i was watching the summer league game yesterday and i was really impressed with him. granted it's summer league, but he was extremely patient, efficient and crashed the glass. he didn't just hang out on the 3 point line, he was active on both sides of the ball. with his size, length, shooting and defensive ability/potential he reminds me of James Posey a lot.

    OTHERWISE i'd just leave it open so you can sign someone if there's an injury or something.
    @jerboat

  20. #60
    Raptors Republic Rookie chch166's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Kendall Marshall would be an amazing pick up this guy can score decently and pass the ball extremely well averaging about 8.8 APG.
    Nevermind what haters say,
    ignore them ’til they fade away. - T.I

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •