No announcement yet.

15th man- Backup Centre or 3rd PG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what happened to Kendall Marshall, but I would take that guy in a heartbeat and go from there. DAD has played well in SL, but I think it would be beneficial to him and the team if he could get regular minutes in Europe or D League. He looks like a serious candidate to be a rotational player in this league though.

Comment

If ur looking at 3rd string pg I say go after Daniel Gibson (Can flat out shoot) or Ben Uzoh (is an above average defender)

If you want a back up C then I say go after Ekpe Udoh
      #BringBackUzoh

Comment

feet85 wrote: View Post
        If ur looking at 3rd string pg I say go after Daniel Gibson (Can flat out shoot) or Ben Uzoh (is an above average defender)

If you want a back up C then I say go after Ekpe Udoh
        Lots of projects will be available on other SL rosters. Our roster was garbage, pass on all.

Comment

Depending on what happens to the available free agent centers by the end of the off-season, Raps might want to take a look at the D-League. Lower level competition, but men playing against men, and playing the NBA style of play. For spot minutes, that is probably good enough.

Comment

Marshall makes sense to me.

Amir can also play the 5 in a pinch so we're good there imo.
            Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

Marshall was picked up by the Bucks.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                2) Amir Johnson playing too many minutes
                Amir's health was a big factor in dragging down the Raptors, especially in the home-stretch and with two sophomores in the play-offs.
                I'd wait until camp before making the decision but a centre would be on top of my list.

Comment

Can't believe never thought of this before.....

There are always extra players for trailing camp.

Leave spot open until then.

No need to lock into contract now and keeps that flexibility for possible trades.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Can't believe never thought of this before.....

There are always extra players for trailing camp.

Leave spot open until then.

No need to lock into contract now and keeps that flexibility for possible trades.
                    Meh. If you sign a guy to an unguaranteed contract, he can be waived at any time.

And in the offseason, you can have a bunch of extra players beyond the 15 man roster. So any trade flexibility would be untouched by an unguaranteed deal.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Marshall is signing with the Bucks
                      Last edited by tenforthewin; Sun Jul 20, 2014, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Maybe Masai is off to the deep jungles of Burma to find that elusive defensive, pass-first PG?
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                          Marshall is signing with the Bucks
                          Why do the Bucks have to sign him? Does he have any choice? I thought when Bucks claimed him, he automatically became a Buck at whatever salary he had signed for with the Lakers ($915K)
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

GoingBig wrote: View Post
                            Amir's health was a big factor in dragging down the Raptors, especially in the home-stretch and with two sophomores in the play-offs.
                            I'd wait until camp before making the decision but a centre would be on top of my list.
                            I just think best talent/potential available. We're 3 deep at PG, Amir/JV/Bebe/Hayes can all play the 5. If there's a five who can shoot, go with him. A 6'5 PG with potential? go with him. We don't have a need at present.
                            @Boymusic66

Comment

Deandre Daniels

we don't need another pg or big so why not have DD2? he can practice with and against nba players. build chemistry with the team.

i was watching the summer league game yesterday and i was really impressed with him. granted it's summer league, but he was extremely patient, efficient and crashed the glass. he didn't just hang out on the 3 point line, he was active on both sides of the ball. with his size, length, shooting and defensive ability/potential he reminds me of James Posey a lot.

OTHERWISE i'd just leave it open so you can sign someone if there's an injury or something.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Kendall Marshall would be an amazing pick up this guy can score decently and pass the ball extremely well averaging about 8.8 APG.
                                Nevermind what haters say,
                                ignore them ’til they fade away. - T.I

Comment

Working...
                                X