Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PG a pass first one

KENDALL MARSHALL

Got released yesterday, and he was tied second in NBA in assists last year... A good option as he is more than a journeyman but we could probably nab him on the minimum

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Lou is a terrible PG but better than any PG you'll find now. If Lowry or GV misses time, Marshal, Craft or Kobongo isn't really an option. We have 3 bigs - JV,Amir and Bebe teams usually carry 4 if they rely on the frontcourt. PPat and Hands are ideally 4 and limited and Hayes is even more limited
      Marshall is a better passing PG than Lou. He is better in the sense of setting up some kind of O. And it's not that you can't use Lou at PG at all, but you don't want to run him out as a PG for 15+ mpg if Lowry goes down. You want him focusing on his strength, which is scoring. Let someone like Marshall run some p'n'r and get about 10+ minutes of burn every night.

And back to bigs...I don't know how you don't count Hayes as a C when that's what he plays most of the time. And most of the Cs on the market are not better than guys we've got.
      ->No thank you to Blatche. He can score, but is pretty much a terrible player in every way and he's one of those guys who watching him play over the years, plays the game in about as wrong a way as possible
      ->Okafor is the only surefire upgrade to the C/F platoon....but that's assuming he's healthy (after missing a whole season with neck hernia) and affordable. I'd gladly take him on and look to move Hansbrough for a 3rd string PG and maybe slight cap relief. Otherwise just focus on getting a 3rd string PG right now off waivers or in free agency.

Comment

They need a PG. Raps don't need another big. They already have JV, PP, Amir, Hayes, Hansbrough and Bebe.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Didn't Casey say the 15th spot will be a PG? I believe this was in his interview during the Houston SL game.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            Didn't Casey say the 15th spot will be a PG? I believe this was in his interview during the Houston SL game.
            Was it Casey? I thought Ujiri may have said something along those lines at some point too. Maybe in a presser or interview since free agency started? Maybe both have mentioned it at some point.

Anyway, I agree with the general message that I think the coach/GM want some insurance at PG.

Comment

Kendall Marshall
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

PG, because I want Lou Williams to play 2-guard exclusively.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                  PG, because I want Lou Williams to play 2-guard exclusively.
                  We need a big point guard then?

Can Lou guard SGs?
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post

Can Lou guard SGs?
                    Can Lou guard anybody? Seriously though, I get what you're saying....Marshall is 6'4''...and it may be better to put him on a bigger, slower SG and Lou on the quicker, smaller PG, the same way you'd do that with Vasquez. That is, if they picked up Marshall.

And again, the Raps were randomly connected to Toure Murry, and he's 6'5''...though I don't know how good a PG he is, and if he could handle a regular role in the case of an injury.

Not sure who else is out there with decent size.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post

Can Lou guard SGs?
                      Here's what I'm thinking.

Lowry is gonna play about 30 minutes a game. So Vasquez will get 18 minutes or so at PG.

So most of the time when Lou is at 2, Vasquez should be at the 1, so Vasquez can guard the SG while Lou guards the 1 spot. My thing is just don't want Lou running the offense because he has too much of a scorer's mentality.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                        Here's what I'm thinking.

Lowry is gonna play about 30 minutes a game. So Vasquez will get 18 minutes or so at PG.

So most of the time when Lou is at 2, Vasquez should be at the 1, so Vasquez can guard the SG while Lou guards the 1 spot. My thing is just don't want Lou running the offense because he has too much of a scorer's mentality.
                        Right I completely agree, but I'm thinking in terms of a 3rd PG.

Ideally he'd be able to guard SGs too.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I agree with the notion that Lou shouldn't be playing the point guard exclusively. If Lowry were to get injured which is more likely than Jonas, Lou would have to be the backup point guard. He just isn't a point guard. He can play it in pinches during a game but you don't want that to be his main position. If he has to start thinking about running a team and getting other players involved he won't be doing what he's best at and that's score the ball. He just won't be as effective. Also then now you would probably have to play Fields as the backup shooting guard, and you don't want to have both Fields and JJ on the floor together since neither of them are good shooters. I guess you can just play DD or Terrence more minutes but you want to prevent having to do that if you can. Also it sounds like Dwane and Masai would rather find a 3rd point guard than a backup center anyway.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Here's what I'm thinking. Mu is not done dealing and he's trying to fill whichever of these needs he can, using Lou Will and Psycho T as trade chips. The most glaring need is a developing, yet capable 3rd PG that can play defense and make plays for others. Lou Will is not a PG, period. I guess my point with him is don't get attached to Lou Will being part of the roster for long,,,,,,,, and my hope is MU is working the phones to move both of those guys to fill one of those needs.

Comment

chico wrote: View Post
                              Here's what I'm thinking. Mu is not done dealing and he's trying to fill whichever of these needs he can, using Lou Will and Psycho T as trade chips. The most glaring need is a developing, yet capable 3rd PG that can play defense and make plays for others. Lou Will is not a PG, period. I guess my point with him is don't get attached to Lou Will being part of the roster for long,,,,,,,, and my hope is MU is working the phones to move both of those guys to fill one of those needs.
                              I know Lou won't be here for long but I highly doubt they trade him before the season starts. Psycho T yes because they already know what he can do and how he fits. I think Masai will want to see how Lou fits first before they trade him. He will probably be gone by the trade deadline unless he kills it this season.
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I don't get all the hate for Lou Williams. He is actually a decent PG when he plays it exclusively, and is a pretty good assist man from the 2 as well. No where close to terrible like people are making him out to be. I'm a Hawks fan too so I've watched a bunch of Lou Williams, and from some of these comments I'm guessing most people haven't watched him much. Lou Williams is more than capable of being the 3rd PG playing backup if Lowry or Vasquez get injured. I'm infinitely more confident in Lou Williams at PG than I am in Hayes or Bebe at C.

Comment

Working...
                                X