Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: 15th man- Backup Centre or 3rd PG

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mapko wrote: View Post
    Well, with what's left out there (for most part), that's all they are worth now.
    Actually, I believe we have just over 2mil (rest of our Mid-level after JJ signing).
    Nets did not want Blatche back (not even a discussion about at what salary).
    Basically he may not have a lot of suitors. Is he worth it headache wise? Probably not. Also might want a lot bigger role than 10 plus minutes (assuming Val plays 30-35, even without Bebe) available if no injury.
    We used the tax-payer's MLE, so we only have the minimum left (or a little more than that for a rookie).

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Okafor hasn't played in 1 year. So what should he be paid highly.1

Post Thanks / Like

Without a place in the NBA, Cherry considered playing internationally last season. When those plans didn’t pan out, he joined the Cavaliers’ NBA Development League affiliate, the Canton Charge, in February. The coaching staff committed time and effort into getting back to basics with Cherry.

“Those last two months in the D-League were definitely a blessing in disguise,” Cherry told Basketball Insiders. ‘I know I was trying to get overseas before, it didn’t work out, and I think it happened for a reason. I was a new player coming in, a rookie, and [the coaches] really watched a lot of film with me and critiqued my game down to the lowest level. That’s what made me a lot better.”

Cherry averaged 11.6 points, 4.5 assists and 3.7 rebounds in 30.4 minutes over 18 games with the Charge. While he wasn’t the biggest player on the court, listed at 6’0, 185 pounds, he turned heads with well-rounded performances.
    “I’m an all-around player,” Cherry said. “I try to rebound, block shots here and there if I could, steals. I try to do a little bit of everything. I think they call them stat stuffers. But for the most part, I’m out there trying to make it hard on the opposing offensive guard I’m going against and speed their offense up and get out in transition and get my teammates easy buckets. But just most of all, bringing that intensity on both sides of the game, offense or defense.”

On Friday, one week after the Cavs’ summer league finale, Yahoo! Sports reported Cherry is drawing interest from the Cavaliers and Toronto Raptors. It is a complete turnaround from his summer a year ago.
    http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...medium=twitter
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Lou can fill in the 3, despite him being score-first. We really need a back-up big, cause Amir has slowed down the past season and a half, and Hayes is not a rotational big, other than a guy who only plays against bigger match-ups. Bebe is just not ready yet to be in the rotation. I really want Okafor, mainly because I feel like he would sign for the vet-minimum, and because Blatche isn't playing in the NBA this season.

I think having 3 solid point guards is important, but I'd rather have two solid players at the PG and the Centre positions.

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's get Okafor. For real. Nigerian connection with Masai. Get it done.

Valanciunas/Okafor/Nogueira
    Johnson/Patterson/Hansbrough/Hayes
    Ross/Johnson/Caboclo
    DeRozan/Williams/Fields
    Lowry/Vasquez

Raptors Republic Rookie RepTdot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

and the winner in the end was 3rd string PG- Will Cherry (11.6 points, 4.5 assists, 3.7 rebounds and 1.4 steals per game in D-league last season)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm okay with this roster. Not one single bad contract left on the books. Now that Hayes and Fields are expiring I no longer consider them bad deals.
    People I Will Shame When The Cavs Finish 8th
    1.) Day One - 2) JordanMariam14 - 3) Stooley - 4) Ceez - 5) Sam17
    6) mcHAPPY 7) ImanShumpert 8) Scraptor 9) Demographic Shift 10) Rocwell 11) Everyone

Raptors Republic Starter godkingleonidas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Will Cherry is the 15th man but, I'd still like to trade Fields for a real back up center.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread Information