15th man- Backup Centre or 3rd PG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AlexxPOV wrote: View Post
    These are my thoughts: We need a better backup for the 5 spot. If JV gets injured, (like we saw in the 2012-2013 season), our team will suffer because Hayes really doesn't fit the Starting Centre, he's decent at rebounding, but not solid at scoring. Nogueira isn't really a backup centre, more like a backup, backup centre, lol.
    You make a very good point. I think they would just start Amir at Center alongside Patterson and then move Hansbrough up to backup Power forward and have Hayes or Bebe as backup center.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

These are my thoughts: We need a better backup for the 5 spot. If JV gets injured, (like we saw in the 2012-2013 season), our team will suffer because Hayes really doesn't fit the Starting Centre, he's decent at rebounding, but not solid at scoring. Nogueira isn't really a backup centre, more like a backup, backup centre, lol.
      There's no way, that at this point, we're getting anything better than a backup backup center.

We had to decide whether we wanted a James Johnson wing or a true backup center.
      We picked JJ because it was a bigger hole.

The team does still need a backup center, but we're not getting one without making a trade.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• We are picking up Will Cherry, he's an a-ok point guard!

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
          There's no way, that at this point, we're getting anything better than a backup backup center.

We had to decide whether we wanted a James Johnson wing or a true backup center.
          We picked JJ because it was a bigger hole.

The team does still need a backup center, but we're not getting one without making a trade.

This.

Also it's not like teams in the NBA have good back up centers... Look at Depth charts.
          Myself (March 2014):
          The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Unless we make a trade for one, we will have to pay through the roof for a backup center
            You are looking at 5 mil plus for a center that is coordinated enough to tie his shoes
            tiago splitter and jordan hill are getting paid 9 mil, zaza pachulia got almost 6 mil and these guys are only role players at best that basically play backup C

if we are gonna sign a 15th man, forget about it being a backup center. only tanking teams would sign a backup c thats worth the vets min

we could make a trade, like lou williams and hayes for perkins + 2nd rounder?
            that would be interesting, and frees up another roster spot

Comment

• 2kfeen wrote: View Post
              Unless we make a trade for one, we will have to pay through the roof for a backup center
              You are looking at 5 mil plus for a center that is coordinated enough to tie his shoes
              tiago splitter and jordan hill are getting paid 9 mil, zaza pachulia got almost 6 mil and these guys are only role players at best that basically play backup C

if we are gonna sign a 15th man, forget about it being a backup center. only tanking teams would sign a backup c thats worth the vets min

we could make a trade, like lou williams and hayes for perkins + 2nd rounder?
              that would be interesting, and frees up another roster spot
              I think PsychoT for Zaza works capwise. Cutting it close but a hair under the luxury.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                I think PsychoT for Zaza works capwise. Cutting it close but a hair under the luxury.
                What about Nazr?

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  It gets is very very close to luxury tax (im not gonna do the full math) but we have to pay zaza next year also guaranteed money, whereas tyler is only partially guaranteed for this season

Comment

What you really mean is he is "one backup from being a backup centre".

Comment

Tyler is only partially guaranteed for this season
                      Now that his contract has been renewed, Tyler's entire salary is guaranteed for next season. The team had to waive him by 29 June but decided to keep him. He may yet be traded, but not unless Nogueira's Spanish league contract is bought out, which is apparently still under negotiation. I think Hansbrough would flourish in an uptempo offence, more like what he learned in college. I read somewhere that the coaching staff wants to push the tempo more this year. They certainly have the horses. Someone like ZaZa Pachulia or Greg Oden would just slow things down.
                      Last edited by caccia; Fri Jul 25, 2014, 06:11 PM.

Comment

It gets is very very close to luxury tax (im not gonna do the full math) but we have to pay zaza next year also guaranteed money, whereas tyler is only partially guaranteed for this season
                        Pachulia makes over 5M. We can't trade Hansbrough for him. And if we could, it would put us over the tax. We have about 1.6M in cap room, the difference in their salaries is 1.9M or so.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I hope if we sign Cherry, it is on a three year deal (unguaranteed). We can use the rest of our tax MLE to make it happen.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                            What you really mean is he is "one backup from being a backup centre".
                            aha, exactly

Comment

• I wonder if Masai reads these forums...

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Pachulia makes over 5M. We can't trade Hansbrough for him. And if we could, it would put us over the tax. We have about 1.6M in cap room, the difference in their salaries is 1.9M or so.
                                300K , MU might be able to move LF and/or Hayes for another dead weight expiring contract worth a little less.

Comment

Working...
                                X