Everything Louis "Lou" Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
    The thing about rappers like lil wayne or louis williams is that they rely too heavily on the bass and the instrumentals.
    Real good rappers sets the tone with their own flow and the instrumental compliments their flow not the other way around

You can clearly tell louis williams heavily relies on the bass and the instrumentals for the flow
    I mean when he raps he repeats same words many many times just to convince us that he is flowing
    Anybody can have flow. If you knew how to write a limerick in grade 5 then you had flow. Flow is just about syllables and timing. You have to be able to write good lyrics to be a good rapper. Unless you want to be mainstream for 5 minutes these days. Most mainstream rap has been complete garbage since early 2000's.

Comment

I hope people don't have unrealistic expectations for Lou Will. His defence was what made him expendable in Atlanta. And defensively he doesn't complement Vasquez or Lowry. Honestly, I would be surprised if he gets more minutes than what Novak got last year. Remember, Casey is still our coach, 1 dimensional players don't get heavy rotation minutes on a winning team.
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Lou isn't one-dimensionnal. He doesn't only jack up 3's. He's a great ball handler (something the Raptors lacked while playing Brooklyn). He can create of ISOs and PnR. He is a good playmaker.

I don't expect him to score 18ppg, if he can scores 13 a night on 24-26 minutes I'll be happy.
        Myself (March 2014):
        The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Hey guys when did Raptors Republic turn into Rappers Republic?

I'm all for listening to some good rap but for god's sake I don't wanna discuss Hopsin on a Lou Williams thread.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
            Hey guys when did Raptors Republic turn into Rappers Republic?

I'm all for listening to some good rap but for god's sake I don't wanna discuss Hopsin on a Lou Williams thread.
            Lol sorry just wanted to make my point... although it wasn't necessary

Comment

Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
              Lol sorry just wanted to make my point... although it wasn't necessary
              No worries my man, just hate when threads get derailed and wanted to stop it before it was too late.

Comment

“I was actually in L.A. [when the trade happened] – I was in L.A. working out and at the same time having some quiet time with my family,” Williams told Basketball Insiders. “So I was out in L.A. and Danny Ferry gave me a call and said they were exploring some options. He didn’t want me to be blindsided. About three days later, I got traded to Toronto.

“I am excited to a part of a young core, I am excited be on a team that wants me, that has a high expectation level for me. My time here in Atlanta, I realized that they were going in a direction that probably didn’t fit my style of play and I probably didn’t fit Coach Bud’s style of play. I’m a guy that needs the ball to be effective and they really didn’t need that from me. They were building a different core of a basketball team. I felt like it worked out for both sides, they got some talented guys in making moves this offseason and I feel great about the fit that I’m in.”
                “Based on the conversations that I’ve had with those guys, they take themselves very seriously and they feel like they can be contenders,” Williams said of Toronto. “I’m excited to get in the gym with these guys. I’m excited to build with them. I always like competing with guys that love competing. Based off of talking to DeMar, Kyle and Amir, they want to win and they feel like guys don’t take them seriously. So I’m excited to get it started.”
                “I’m getting my quickness back, getting the explosion back,” Williams said. “Coming off of a torn ACL and coming off of one of the more challenging seasons of my career, I’m just getting back to how I played basketball in the past.

“I feel like I’m at 90 percent or higher – I’m attacking in transition again, I’m playing with a lot of confidence, I’m not even thinking about my knee when I play basketball. The sky is the limit right now.”
                “They just want me to be in shape, they want Greivis and I to come off the bench and give them energy, score the basketball and play with excitement,” Williams said.

So does that mean we’re going to see Williams back in the Sixth Man of the Year discussion again?

“I’m working on it,” Williams said with a smile. “I’ve always been in the conversation. I want to be back in the conversation.”
                http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...-join-raptors/

Might this be the deepest Raptors team ever?

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...-join-raptors/

It might be.

Nice little piece. Sounds like he's really genuinely excited. If he can give 90%+ of what he was pre-injury, that's more than we need.

Also, on the depth, it really might be especially for scoring. There are 8 guys I could easily see averaging 10+ ppg: Jonas, Amir, Pat, DeMar, Ross, Kyle, Lou, Greivis. Of course it's unlikely they all do, but still, that's not bad at all.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    I can't think of the single season where they could go 3-4 deep on the bench without expecting a significant drop off in scoring and D. I think they can actually do that this season.

I also expect the Raps bench to gain ground on whatever team they are playing against. Raptors opponents are going to be logging some big minutes with their starters, or they are going to be losing games. The worst teams in the league might even allow the Raps starters to get decent rest.

Comment

GV/Lou/J. Johnson/2Pat/Hayes

Pretty good bench, and can all score (except Hayes lol)

Next year when Hayes expires we can sign a legit backup C.
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                        GV/Lou/J. Johnson/2Pat/Hayes

Pretty good bench, and can all score (except Hayes lol)

Next year when Hayes expires we can sign a legit backup C.
                        Hayes/BeBe

Comment

Louis Williams could be our 6th man candidate for this year and out bench is so deep this year, i'm practically drooling.

GV
                          L-Will
                          JJ
                          2Pat

These four players can be productive playing together while our backup C need to be addressed ASAP but who knows, both Hansborough and Hayes can play some minutes while we see Bebe develops. I think Bebe could be our backup C for years to come on a long term scale that is. While Bruno Cabloco will see minutes at the D-League until he proves to our team that he's not 2 years from being 2 years away

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                            Louis Williams could be our 6th man candidate for this year and out bench is so deep this year, i'm practically drooling.

GV
                            L-Will
                            JJ
                            2Pat

These four players can be productive playing together while our backup C need to be addressed ASAP but who knows, both Hansborough and Hayes can play some minutes while we see Bebe develops. I think Bebe could be our backup C for years to come on a long term scale that is. While Bruno Cabloco will see minutes at the D-League until he proves to our team that he's not 2 years from being 2 years away
                            Our backup center is definitely an issue. We all know how much I hate Hayes but if you have Greivis, Lou, JJ and 2Patt trust me we will be just fine. It's an issue but it's not as big of an issue as you make it. Most backup centers are shit anyway. Not many team out there have really good backup centers.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I'm reminded of another 6'2" reserve shooting guard from the Pistons "Bad Boy" era nicknamed Vinnie "the Microwave" Johnson. Come of the bench, heat up quickly, get wild buckets. Lou "the Hot Pocket" Williams?

At 6'2", Johnson's skill set allowed him to replace either point guard Isiah Thomas or shooting guard Joe Dumars from the bench. Johnson earned the nickname "the Microwave" from Boston Celtics guard Danny Ainge for his ability to score many points in a short period of time (i.e., Johnson could heat up the offense of the team in short order).
                              Last edited by godkingleonidas; Tue Aug 12, 2014, 07:44 AM.

Comment

interesting stat
                                in 2012 lou williams was 20th in the league in ws/48

Comment

Working...
                                X