Everything Louis "Lou" Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Louis "Lou" Williams

Lou Will is one of my favorite player, so let's go.

Some bio information :
    He is one of the oldest raptors.
    At 31, Chuck Hayes can challenge that assumption about who is the oldest. Hansbrough turned 28 last November and Lowry turned 28 in March, so that puts Williams in fourth spot by a few months as he doesn’t turn 28 until October, but he is not far off. [He initially believed he was the oldest player on the team]
    He stands at 6''2' and weigh in at 175 lbs.

He first dunked in 7th grade while only being 5''7'. He was a 4 time all-state selection.

He was born in Memphis and raised in Georgia.

He was the 45th pick of the 2005 NBA draft. He's one of the last player drafted straight out of high school (along with Amir). He is one of the best 45th pick off all time (along with Antonio Davis and Goran Dragic).

He is exactly the type of player Casey loves : strong attitude, chip on the shoulder and hard worker

He is a great guy (full story http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7391657) :
    Williams told the Philadelphia Daily News that he was stopped in his car in the Philadelphia neighborhood of Manayunk on Christmas Eve when he was approached by a man wielding a gun.

But Williams, who has developed into a key reserve for the Sixers, said he managed to talk down the gunman -- and then treated his would-be assailant to McDonald's.
    He's also a hard working down-to-earth kind of guy (full story : https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-8477979 )
    Williams, who has never backed down to hard work, has gone through the ups and downs with the Philadelphia media and fans, but one thing you could never doubt was his genuine personality, and desire to improve.

After years of hard work, Williams has found his niche to showcase his athleticism all the while resiliently giving back to the community. And in the city known to challenge it's athletes in the rawest sense, Lou Will has proven he has the thick skin and grit to toughen up and perform on and off the court. His determination has proven to a number of the Philadelphia fans that he is just as passionate about basketball as you can ask him to be. But more so, he's real.

His foundation, The Louis Williams Foundation, is aimed to inspire youth by combining athletics, education, and positive mentors to "motivate them to reach their highest level of success."

His website says the foundation "conducts a basketball camp each summer at his alma mater South Gwinnett High School." His foundation also chooses three scholar athletes and challenges them to make outstanding academic achievements.

Despite being a private page, @TeamLou23 never seems to be off limits to true Lou Will fans. Inside that account, on his timeline, you'll find Williams responding and interacting with an enormous amount of his fans. He's sometimes playful, other times he's giving his fans a peek into his life. Either way, he's always honest and candid—no different than your own family you follow on Twitter.

Indeed, Philly is glad to have Lou Will in town and in return, it seems, he likes to be here, as well. A versatile man with old-school values in new-school fashion.
    He isn't scared to speak his mind (full story : https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-8163275)
    The Philadelphia 76ers came out very flat on Sunday, March 27, in a 114-111 overtime loss to the lowly Sacramento Kings. If that wasn't bad enough, when asked about the loss, 76ers guard Lou Williams responded, "It was a combination of things, and it doesn't seem we came out ready to play," he said. "We took a chance last night by going to the Lil Wayne concert."

After the Sixers moved on Monday night and defeated the Bulls, the message became more clear to me—it's not a big deal. Lou Will was best suited not saying anything about the concert. After all, he moved on to the next game and the team came away with the win.

After the Bulls win, Williams tweeted, "Great win. Listening to my Lil Wayne playlist all the way home. Lol. Goodnight"
    Basketball role and stats :
    Stats:
    As year goes on, the % of his shot comming from 3pt land is increasing. He's a career +10PPG player, 18,2PPG per 36. He posted his lowest points per 36 in his both years at ATL, despite having the highest eFG% of his career and posting above career marks in TS% (which indicate a lower USG% rate). He is a tremendous finisher at the rim, posting a 67% from 0 to 3 feet in ATL (higher than Demar). He is also an underated playmaker with a 22 AST% for his career.

Role and expectations:

He is already meshed within the team spirit.
    “It’s been very delightful just being around these guys. We had (a Raptors team) dinner in Vegas. They are hungry, they want to be respected, they want people to take them seriously. I love a great challenge, I love playing with guys who want to be challenged, who want to be great."
    He embraces challenges and his hungry for success :

He believes the Raptors, justifiably, will come into the season with high expectations.

“Based on the season that they had last year, based on what I can bring to the table, I feel like being in the playoffs isn’t enough to this group and they feel the same way,” he said.

“I don’t want to be the new guy and make all these expectations, but we definitely expect to be successful.”
    His role is quite clear : scoring off the bench (Full story here : http://probballreport.com/raptors-ne...-lou-williams/) He also fits with the underdog mentality.

“(My role is) to just come off the bench and bring a ton of energy and score the basketball,” Williams said. “(Provide) leadership, experience, in Philadelphia we had some pretty good runs. We were two possessions away from being in the Eastern Conference Finals when we had barely even made the playoffs, so I’ve been on teams that have started from the bottom and created some great opportunities for themselves and I think that is what I bring to the table.

“I think that when you have a scorer, a scorer makes plays for other guys as well as himself because of the attention that we bring. Sometimes shooters you can just run them off the line and they probably won’t be as successful. Some of those guys can’t dribble, can’t make plays for other people, so that’s the difference between a scorer and a guy that just shoots.”

“(My role is) to just come off the bench and bring a ton of energy and score the basketball,” Williams said. “(Provide) leadership, experience, in Philadelphia we had some pretty good runs. We were two possessions away from being in the Eastern Conference Finals when we had barely even made the playoffs, so I’ve been on teams that have started from the bottom and created some great opportunities for themselves and I think that is what I bring to the table.

“I think that when you have a scorer, a scorer makes plays for other guys as well as himself because of the attention that we bring. Sometimes shooters you can just run them off the line and they probably won’t be as successful. Some of those guys can’t dribble, can’t make plays for other people, so that’s the difference between a scorer and a guy that just shoots.”

Rap :

Ha actually has a label :

Most important of all, he actually made his first mill before he ever got laid.
    Last edited by OptimalOptimist; Mon Jul 21, 2014, 10:23 AM.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

6th man of the year candidate!

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
      6th man of the year candidate!
      He sure got all the tools and I forgot to mention that he is really feeling better this year regarding the ACL tear and values the importance of training camp to get to know his teammates better (from a basketball perspective).
      Myself (March 2014):
      The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Chuck Hayes is 31???
        I thought that dude was like 37!

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
          Chuck Hayes is 31???
          I thought that dude was like 37!
          Same draft as Amir, but 4 year college player.

Comment

I'm stoked to have him on the team, I think he'll fit in with no problems
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Lou playing with Lowry might be better than the GV + Lowry combo last season.

Comment

can't wait for Casey's Lowry/GV/Lou/DD/Hayes lineup
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Lou Williams is pretty Beast on 2K
                  #BringBackUzoh

Comment

So did Toronto want Lou or did Atlanta want to dump him. How does Bebe fit in. The trade is confusing.

Comment

feet85 wrote: View Post
                      Lou Williams is pretty Beast on 2K
                      His jumpshot is money
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        So did Toronto want Lou or did Atlanta want to dump him. How does Bebe fit in. The trade is confusing.
                        Atlanta was trying to free up cap space for free agency. Ujiri saw a chance to basically get a former sixth man of the year and mid-round pick from the 2013 draft for free.

Comment

He is a great player. Very underrated. He was almost the top player on that Sixers team under Doug Collins a few years ago. He does fit very well with our group. I expect him to be great this season for us.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            In my opinion Bebe was the intended target and getting Lou Williams was a bonus and salary dump for Atlanta.

Comment

Not to cast aspersions or anything ...this will be LW's contract year coming up....another reason he will be putting out for probably what might be his last decent contract. Just hope he doesn't hero ball it too much and his shot is falling.

Comment

Working...
                              X