No announcement yet.

Everything Louis "Lou" Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Give Lou the ball at the end of the quarter and everybody go stand next to the sidelines/baseline" is the best. I love it every time it happens. I wonder if Casey'll keep calling that 2+ times a game for the entire season.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I think we need to exhume the "microwave" nickname. Lou's a perfect fit, scoring more points than minutes played.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        The net impact of 4 related deals...

OUT
        - Calderon
        - Davis
        - Gray
        - Acy
        - 2013 2nd round pick (Jamaal Franklin @ #41)
        - 2014 2nd round pick (Lamar Patterson @ #48)

IN
        - Vasquez
        - Patterson
        - Hayes
        - Williams
        - Bebe
        - Telfair (left as free agent)

#1: Calderon & Davis & 2013-2nd - Gay & Haddadi
        #2: Haddadi & 2014-2nd - Telfair
        #3: Gay & Gray & Acy - Vasquez & Patterson & Hayes & Salmons
        #4: Salmons - Williams & Bebe
        #4 s/b Salmons & 2015-2nd - Williams & Bebe
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          #4 s/b Salmons & 2015-2nd - Williams & Bebe
          Right you are, I missed the 2nd round pick... nice catch! I updated my previous summary post.

No worries, not much value in the #60 pick

Comment

Happy for LW having a good game...first game back to his hometown. Always nice I would think to play well with friends/family in the stands.

Comment

sweet lou's buzzer beaters getting some sportsnet love

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...ou-at-the-horn

Comment

loooool

Comment

Is it me, or does Williams seem to be considerably quicker, and more explosive than say 3-4 weeks ago? Looks like he's gaining confidence in his peg leg with each passing day.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Is it me, or does Williams seem to be considerably quicker, and more explosive than say 3-4 weeks ago? Looks like he's gaining confidence in his peg leg with each passing day.
                    Yeah that dunk in traffic surprised me last night
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      "Give Lou the ball at the end of the quarter and everybody go stand next to the sidelines/baseline" is the best. I love it every time it happens. I wonder if Casey'll keep calling that 2+ times a game for the entire season.
                      Is it the best though? Does anyone have a logical explanation why at the end of the quarter, coaches say fuck it to playcalling and run a super predictable iso?
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Is it the best though? Does anyone have a logical explanation why at the end of the quarter, coaches say fuck it to playcalling and run a super predictable iso?
                        There are 2 schools of thought towards end-of-quarter/last-second shots imo:

1.) Make sure your best scorer takes the shot:
                        - To do this you run an iso play, that way you don't risk the play breaking down and the ball not ending up in the hands of your #1 guy. The reasoning behind this I guess is that your best scorer is going to have the highest chance of connecting on a high-pressure shot.

2.) Make sure you get the best shot.
                        - To do this you would run an actual set and try to get someone on the team a wide open look. Reason for this is because an open look from a set shot is usually more likely to go in than a contested shot off the bounce.

I think the reason most coaches opt for #1 is because plays can break down, and also you don't want to risk the ball ending up in the hands of a mediocre shooter/scorer for the last shot. Easier to just take your chances on a star making something out of nothing.

The other added benefit of the iso is that you take most of the help defense out of the play, so if your top guy does beat his man he can usually get to the rim pretty quickly or fire off a clean look. Run a set, and you need to beat a 5 man team defense.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Sample size is still too small, but it'll be interesting to see what the percentages are halfway through the season. He seems to make the shot or get a foul call at a pretty good clip.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
                            There are 2 schools of thought towards end-of-quarter/last-second shots imo:

1.) Make sure your best scorer takes the shot:
                            - To do this you run an iso play, that way you don't risk the play breaking down and the ball not ending up in the hands of your #1 guy. The reasoning behind this I guess is that your best scorer is going to have the highest chance of connecting on a high-pressure shot.

2.) Make sure you get the best shot.
                            - To do this you would run an actual set and try to get someone on the team a wide open look. Reason for this is because an open look from a set shot is usually more likely to go in than a contested shot off the bounce.

I think the reason most coaches opt for #1 is because plays can break down, and also you don't want to risk the ball ending up in the hands of a mediocre shooter/scorer for the last shot. Easier to just take your chances on a star making something out of nothing.

The other added benefit of the iso is that you take most of the help defense out of the play, so if your top guy does beat his man he can usually get to the rim pretty quickly or fire off a clean look. Run a set, and you need to beat a 5 man team defense.
                            I just figured it was done so the opposition doesn't get the ball back. If you run a play and get an open look, it might provide the other team time to run a play of their own. An ISO play allows the player to run enough time off the clock, ensuring it becomes a buzzer-beater and the other team won't have any time left to run a play of their own. That approach makes sure that your team is even or plus points in the last 24 seconds of a quarter.

Comment

• So Lou has 2 girlfriends??? How clutch is that...

http://www.barstoolsports.com/m/nyc/...-both-of-them/

Comment

• Fanchie wrote: View Post
                                So Lou has 2 girlfriends??? How clutch is that...

http://www.barstoolsports.com/m/nyc/...-both-of-them/
                                How does anybody know what his home life is like. He might just be the token guy in a lesbian couple. Hugh Hefner had 3 GF but I doubt his senile ass was doing anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X