Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Eastern/Western Conference Win/Loss Predictions

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    The heat have bosh deng and a broken down wade. They are not going to be that good...

    Lowry/gv over Napier/cole
    Dd/Lou over broken down wade
    Deng over ross for now
    Bosh over Amir
    Jv over Anderson

    The only clearly better position they have is bosh. Deng is not even that much better than ross. Both bring defence but terrence is is a better shooter.

    Miami only scoring option is bosh and sometimes d wade. Deng is decent but everyone else kind of sucks...

    Toronto is clearly better than them this year
    Deng is not better than Ross at all, Luol Deng is one of the single most overrated players in the NBA.

    Deng is better than Ross at SF though because of his size.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think it's a given that we're going to be in the top 4. I really don't see how we lose the Atlantic division. The Nets lost two extremely key starters and did nothing to replace them. Knicks are basically the same team, but I guess will be a bit better with Calderon instead of Felton. Celtics and Philly are both crap

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    115
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    I think it's a given that we're going to be in the top 4. I really don't see how we lose the Atlantic division. The Nets lost two extremely key starters and did nothing to replace them. Knicks are basically the same team, but I guess will be a bit better with Calderon instead of Felton. Celtics and Philly are both crap
    Don't forget that injuries can happen. Nothing is a given, not even playoffs.

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Other Scott wrote: View Post
    Don't forget that injuries can happen. Nothing is a given, not even playoffs.
    Celtics, Knicks, Nets and 76ers. Unless the whole team contracts plague, they're winning the divison

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Starter Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    256
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    I think it's a given that we're going to be in the top 4. I really don't see how we lose the Atlantic division. The Nets lost two extremely key starters and did nothing to replace them. Knicks are basically the same team, but I guess will be a bit better with Calderon instead of Felton. Celtics and Philly are both crap
    Nets with Brook Lopez back. If Jonas gets injured for an extended period of time it could be bad for us.

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Nets with Brook Lopez back. If Jonas gets injured for an extended period of time it could be bad for us.
    Lopez has missed 150+ games over the past 3 seasons. I don't think he'll ever be considered "back" knowing that the slightest misstep can end his season.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic Starter Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    256
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Lopez has missed 150+ games over the past 3 seasons. I don't think he'll ever be considered "back" knowing that the slightest misstep can end his season.
    I'm just saying it COULD happen. We're not a lock for top 4. We should win but you never know.

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,801
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Brook Lopez is basically bargnani, cept he plays inside not on the perimeter. Both can't rebound, and both are horrible defenders but are ok individual defenders

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    I'm just saying it COULD happen. We're not a lock for top 4. We should win but you never know.
    I would say all predictions in this thread can be disclaimed with "barring unforeseen injuries". With that, the Raptors should end up with home court in the 1st round.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    115
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I would say all predictions in this thread can be disclaimed with "barring unforeseen injuries". With that, the Raptors should end up with home court in the 1st round.
    Of course. Some people are ready to raise the Division Banner already though. I'm just saying to let them play the games.

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Kitchener "Sketchener"
    Posts
    1,431
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Deng is not better than Ross at all, Luol Deng is one of the single most overrated players in the NBA.

    Deng is better than Ross at SF though because of his size.
    Okay now, let's not get carried away. I agree he is overrated but he is not worse than ross. He is an inefficient player who can defend with length all the time while ross is an inconsistent player who can defend most of the time.

    I think ross will become better than deng but he ain't better right now. Just look at their stats from last year. Deng is still the better player
    In Swag we Trust

    -Nick Young

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Cavs underperform during the first half of the season (and by that I mean float around the .500 mark). Neither Kyrie nor Love have ever played with another Alpha before. LeBron will need patience to help transform a franchise (for the 3rd time in his career). New coach. Even the LeBron/Wade/Bosh trio struggled out of the gate in Miami, and the Cavs team would be younger and even less experienced.

    And we haven't even talked about defense....the kind of championship defense that Miami hung their hats on. Kyrie and Love don't scare anyone defensively. It will take a while to build that 5-man defensive chemistry.

    With Love, there's enough talent in Cleveland to run away with the conference easily, but it won't happen in 2014-15.
    I'm not worried about Love defensively. He may not be a great defender but he is average and is a SUPERSTAR defensive rebounder...so he could be a big part of a very good defensive team.

    Kyrie tho.....is a broomstick on D. He was a huge reason why they lost a lot of games last season. Also I don't see how a Kyrie+LBJ duo works offensively. Then factor in that Kyrie on a max contract will hurt the team more than his on-court performance...

    Cavs need to get rid of him IMO

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    I'm not worried about Love defensively. He may not be a great defender but he is average and is a SUPERSTAR defensive rebounder...so he could be a big part of a very good defensive team.

    Kyrie tho.....is a broomstick on D. He was a huge reason why they lost a lot of games last season. Also I don't see how a Kyrie+LBJ duo works offensively. Then factor in that Kyrie on a max contract will hurt the team more than his on-court performance...

    Cavs need to get rid of him IMO
    Kyrie, J. Thompson to Detroit
    J. Smith to Kings
    Love to Cleveland
    Wiggins, Bennet + Picks - TWolves

  14. #34
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Brook Lopez is basically bargnani, cept he plays inside not on the perimeter. Both can't rebound, and both are horrible defenders but are ok individual defenders
    I think that Lopez is a legit all star when healthy. He's a much better offensive player than Bargnani and a much more valuable defender too. He's a decent rim protector, and that's the most important defensive skill today. They used to replace Lopez with Blatche, and the drop off used to be huge. No one will probably call Lopez a good defender, but it can be much worse.

  15. #35
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Kyrie, J. Thompson to Detroit
    J. Smith to Kings
    Love to Cleveland
    Wiggins, Bennet + Picks - TWolves
    Or just trade Kyrie for Love and keep Wiggins and Bennett so you have some sort of depth....

  16. #36
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Okay now, let's not get carried away. I agree he is overrated but he is not worse than ross. He is an inefficient player who can defend with length all the time while ross is an inconsistent player who can defend most of the time.

    I think ross will become better than deng but he ain't better right now. Just look at their stats from last year. Deng is still the better player

    I like Deng, but I'm curious about their situation and how he'll perform. Miami is weird. They really need McRoberts to space the floor well, because their wings won't make many 3s. And McRoberts shooting accuracy seemed a bit fluky to me.

    And they lack playmaking from the backcourt too. They can't expect Wade to be their main playmaker for big minutes and 80 games. Chalmers will have to step up in a big way, and I'm not sure that he can.

    I don't know about them. I think they'll try to play kind of like Atlanta two years ago, McRoberts in a Josh Smith role, at the elbow, a lot of McRoberts/Bosh two man plays, a lot of pick and pops. But the difference is that the Atlanta team had a ton of shooting from their wings to make it all work, and Miami doesn't. Miami actually needs their big men to step outside and help space the floor.

    It will be interesting how it all works. It's interesting to see what Spoelstra can come up with, because this isn't an easy team. Still, if they get to the playoffs healthy, got to respect them.

    I think Riley wants to build a defensive team. It's what Riley's done many times before. Every time he lacked talent in Miami, he kept adding defense. But now they look like they'll be just average on both ends.
    Last edited by BobLoblaw; Wed Jul 23rd, 2014 at 09:55 PM.

  17. #37
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,801
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    I think that Lopez is a legit all star when healthy. He's a much better offensive player than Bargnani and a much more valuable defender too. He's a decent rim protector, and that's the most important defensive skill today. They used to replace Lopez with Blatche, and the drop off used to be huge. No one will probably call Lopez a good defender, but it can be much worse.
    For a dude as big as him he's a below average rim protector. I also recall him being posterized by Bargnani lol

  18. #38
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    For a dude as big as him he's a below average rim protector. I also recall him being posterized by Bargnani lol
    No team will ever miss Bargnani for defensive reasons. That actually happens with Brook Lopez.

    'For a dude as big as him.' Ok, maybe. I don't know how a comparison to other 7 footers would look, would he be average, below average. But what does that make Bargnani? It's like no one will confuse DeRozan with Avery Bradley or Tony Allen, but it wouldn't be fair to call DeRozan a Jimmer Fredette either.

  19. #39
    Raptors Republic Starter Sam17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Brampton, ON
    Posts
    400
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Kyrie, J. Thompson to Detroit
    J. Smith to Kings
    Love to Cleveland
    Wiggins, Bennet + Picks - TWolves
    That'd be the worst trade in history for the cavs

  20. #40
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,862
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    I think it's a given that we're going to be in the top 4. I really don't see how we lose the Atlantic division. The Nets lost two extremely key starters and did nothing to replace them. Knicks are basically the same team, but I guess will be a bit better with Calderon instead of Felton. Celtics and Philly are both crap
    sure, but the knicks also had a 50+ win season with pretty much the same players before last season too. who knows how they're gonna be this year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •