Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern/Western Conference Win/Loss Predictions

Eastern Conference:
    1.Bulls (For once they are healthy, and can be a dangerous team)
    2.Cavs (If Love comes to Cavs, switch this spot with the bulls)
    3.Raptors (Addition of players may bring them to seed 2 but it is seed 3 in my mind)
    4.Wizards (Chemistry will get better)
    5.Heat (Aging players like Wade,Bosh)
    6.Hornets (The sleeper team this year)
    7.Indiana (No Lance, not as much wins)
    8.Hawks (Won't really get further than they did last year)
    9.Nets (Age isn't doing them any favours)
    10.Knicks (Might make the playoffs this year, but I don't think so)
    11.Detroit (Could creep into playoffs, don't see it happening though)
    12.Celtics (Tanking teams all below.)
    13.Magic
    14.Bucks
    15.76ers

Western Conference:
    1.Spurs (I don't doubt this team at all, they also retained their key players)
    2.Clippers (If Spurs didn't win it all last year, Clippers would be at the top)
    3.Thunder (They remain only slightly better with Anthony Morrow)
    4.Blazers (Look for this team to make a serious push this year)
    5.Rockets (Losing Chandler Parsons was a major low-blow)
    6.Warriors (Didn't get much better)
    7.Phoenix (Dark Horse team this year; make it, or break it)
    8.Dallas (Losing Calderon hurt them a bit)
    9.Memphis (I don't see them making the playoffs again Z-Bo is older)
    10.Sacramento (Getting better each year, watchout)
    11.Denver (will be better, with Gallinari coming back)
    12.New Orleans (Not much better)
    13.Minnesota (assuming Love is gone)
    14.Lakers (Tank nation stand up for Kobe)
    15.Utah (Let's get the worse record in the league! at least get noticed)

East:

1. Cavs (Here comes LeBron)
    2. Raptors (Optimistic Homerism for the win!)
    3. Wizards (Wall + Beal = Good)
    4. Bulls (If Rose regains form and plays like a beast, move them to one and send the others down a spot)
    5.Hornets (I think they will surprise this year)
    6. Heat (Can Bosh lead them to glory?)
    7. Pacers (Losing Lance and continuing the downward spiral)
    8. Hawks (Horford is the key and could push them up a couple spots)
    9. Nets (Fuck Brooklyn)
    10. Knicks (Melo won't be happy)
    11. Detroit (The dumpster fire continues)
    12. Celtics (Tanking)
    13. Magic (Tanking)
    14. Bucks (They might not even know what they're doing)
    15. 76ers (lol)

West:

1. Spurs (Same old same old)
    2. Clippers (Lob city back in action!)
    3. Thunder (Please don't win the finals, #KD2016)
    4. Rockets (Harden and Howard jell, team follows them)
    5. Blazers (Lillard and Aldridge could push them up)
    6. Warriors (SPLASH!)
    7. Memphis (Might be biased, think Mike Conley is the most underrated player in the NBA)
    8. Dallas (Can they hold on to the spot?)
    9. New Orleans (Davis is a beast)
    10. Phoenix (Players regress)
    11. Denver (Please stay in the lottery for 2016!)
    12. Sacramento (How will Rudy Gay play?)
    13. Minnesota (Assuming Love is gone)
    14. Utah (Has very good young players)
    15. Lakers (lol)
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

East:

1) Bulls (Biggest X Factor being that Rose does not get injured again)
      2) Cavs
      3) Wizards (they did lose Ariza, but they brought in Pierce+ upgraded their bench)
      4) Raptors (arguably possessing the deepest bench in the East. The Bulls bench is quite deep as well)
      5) Hornets (possibly higher, things are looking good for MJ)
      6) Pacers (definitely can be higher, but it remains to be seen if they will recover from the turmoil of last season)
      7) Hawks (again, can be higher, but if Al Horford goes down again, they could be in trouble.)
      8) Heat (Bosh and Deng+half of Wade are still deadly. If they can avoid injuries, they can move up on this)
      9) Knicks (can be higher, but the Knicks are lacking in several areas. Can Derrick Fisher give this team a sense of direction?)
      10) Nets (They lost Livingston and Pierce, but they picked up Jarrett Jack, some rookies, and will also get back Lopez. Health is key)
      11) Pistons (Still curious to see if they can fix their offensive woes. They can easily be fighting for a playoff spot along with the Nets and Knicks).
      12-15= all tankers.

West:

1) Spurs (Can Kawhi Leonard become an all star? Can the Spurs remain healthy?)
      2) Clippers (Spencer Hawes; the Clippers finally have a reliable third rotation big man.)
      3) Thunder (They haven't made any major additions, but if their young players step up, they might be able to break through to the finals again)
      4) Warriors (Especially if they can obtain Kevin Love, with or without retaining Klay Thompson. Weak bench, and Bogut+Lee's injuries are a big concern though)
      5) Rockets (They lose their glue-gun guy, but bring in a terrific 3+D guy in return. Can Ariza be consistent for them?)
      6) Mavericks (All they need is a good PG, and they are set. Ellis, Parsons, Dirk, Chandler with a solid bench)
      7) Blazers (I expected more from them this offseason. Blake and Kamen are solid, but can they improve their bench dynamic?)
      8) Memphis (Can be higher, they brought in VC. They have a tried and tested core, but they play in the Wild, Wild Western Conference. Can they break through the first round?)
      9) Pelicans (can be much higher, especially if they don't lose their players to injury. Jrue Holiday, Eric Gordon, Tyreke Evans, Omer Asik, Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson+ others. Lots of potential)
      10) Phoenix (if they don't retain Bledsoe, I feel like they will regress in the standings. Goran Dragic is terrific, and they do have Thomas, Ennis, and Warren as newcomers)
      11) Denver (Lots of great pieces, a very deep bench. Can be much higher, depending on if they can develop a team identity).
      12) Sacramento (lots of talent, no identity)
      13) T Wolves (Love is gone, whether its during the offseason or during the regular season).
      14) Utah/ Lakers
      15) Vice Versa. Both are still in tanking mode. Kobe Bryant can do everything possible to lead this team to victory, but he doesn't even have Pau Gasol any more. That $42 million, 2 year deal sure helps them out a lot.
      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Cavs ( Lebron....)
        Bulls ( Healthy Rose plus Pau....)
        Wizards ( John Wall and Bradley Beal is the best front court in the Eastern Conference)
        Raptors (Could be switched with Wizards depending on how much Wizards progress)
        Pacers( Lance one of their best rebounders lost and won't have the conitinuty they did plus their defence will take a step back)
        Heat ( Won't be as good D-Wade will be forced to play alot more games)
        Hawks ( Horford needs to be healthy for Hawks to increase seed)
        Hornets ( Potential to move up to 6 or 7 with Lance, Kemba, Big Al having better chemistry.)
        Knicks ( No defense at all , lost Chandler)
        Detroit ( Crowded mess with Josh Smith still at SF)
        Celtics ( Too good to tank fully but still tanking quietly, Rondo might win them a couple games)
        Bucks ( Jabari will win them couple of games)
        Magic ( No shooters in the team whatsoever)
        76ers ( Tanking for one more year, In a couple years they will be dangerous almost like the OKC of the East)
        Nevermind what haters say,
        ignore them ’til they fade away. - T.I

Comment

I know someone thats going to have a hissy fit at all these predicted #1 and 2 seeds for the Cavaliers.....
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

East

1. Chicago
            2.Cleveland
            3. Toronto
            4. Washington
            5. Indiana
            6. Miami
            7. Atlanta
            8. Charlotte
            9. NY Knicks
            10. Detroit
            11. Brooklyn
            12. Milwaukee
            13. Boston
            14. Orlando
            15. Philadelphia

West

1. San Antonio
            2. LA Clippers
            3. OKC
            4. Golden State
            5. Dallas
            6. Portland
            7. Memphis
            8. Phoenix
            9. Houston
            10. New Orleans.
            11. Utah
            12. Denver
            13. LA Lakers
            14 Sacramento
            15. Minnesota.

I am factoring in that Love will go to Cavs which it looks like Le bron wants.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
              I know someone thats going to have a hissy fit at all these predicted #1 and 2 seeds for the Cavaliers.....
              They have LeBron though it could take time to gel.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                Having Cleveland with Lebron in the top half of the conference makes sense. They most likely won't be the #1 seed but they will be good...because they have Lebron. He'll get you to 50 wins with scrubs.

Thing I don't understand is anyone putting Raps in front of the Heat? They lost Lebron and they lost to a very good Spurs team in the Finals that made them look terrible, but they still have more talent than the Raptors and I would be shocked to see Toronto end up in front of them.

Don't mean to be a killjoy but anyone with Raps in the top 4 in the East, might be in for some serious disappointment this season.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                  Having Cleveland with Lebron in the top half of the conference makes sense. They most likely won't be the #1 seed but they will be good...because they have Lebron. He'll get you to 50 wins with scrubs.

Thing I don't understand is anyone putting Raps in front of the Heat? They lost Lebron and they lost to a very good Spurs team in the Finals that made them look terrible, but they still have more talent than the Raptors and I would be shocked to see Toronto end up in front of them.

Don't mean to be a killjoy but anyone with Raps in the top 4 in the East, might be in for some serious disappointment this season.
                  The rationale for top 4 seed being that Raps just need to win the Atlantic to snap one of the top for spots.

Comment

The title of the thread has "win/loss predictions", but nobody gave actual win/loss predictions, not even the OP! Haha strange

Comment

Doesn't the title say win/loss predictions?

1. Cleveland 55-27 (I have no idea who's going to win the East so I just threw up my hands and said LeBron)
                      2. Washington 53-29 (I think there's a lot of potential for improvement with this team.)
                      3. Toronto 52-30
                      4. Chicago 49-33 (I don't believe in Derrick Rose so much right now, and if he's not there, this is what this team is)
                      5. Miami 48-34 (Bosh, 50 games of DWade and Deng should be enough to win in the high 40s)
                      6. Atlanta 48-34 (Horford back is going to mean improvement)
                      7. Indiana 45-37 (No indication yet that the second half of last year was a fluke)
                      8. New York 43-39 (This team has good players, I think regression to mean will spell improvement)
                      9. Brooklyn 41-41 (Older, missing key pieces)
                      10. Charlotte 41-41 (My big disappointment. Last year they got in based on Al Jefferson having a career year, I don't think that will happen again, plus he's an injury risk. If so, they rely almost entirely on Stevenson for offense, which could be disasterous)
                      11. Detroit 37-45 (This team simply doesn't have the right mix of players)
                      12. Milwaukee 35-47 (Can't see things going as horribly wrong as last year)
                      13. Orlando 35-47 (Improvement has to happen at some point, right?)
                      14. Boston 34-48 (Bad.)
                      15. Philly 25-57 (Real bad.)

West -Doing records here means I have to balance wins and losses. I don't want to do that.
                      1. San Antonio (Keep it clicking)
                      2. LA Clippers (This team is just going to keep getting better, I think)
                      3. Memphis (1st half of last year was fluky bad. This is closer to the team that only lost to OKC because of HC advantage and a missing ZBo in Game 7)
                      4. Oklahoma City (Should be better)
                      5. Houston (Their offseason wasn't great, but it wasn't fall out of the playoffs bad)
                      6. New Orleans (Need a surprise team somewhere)
                      7. Minnesota (I don't believe Love is getting traded, and this team was a lot better than its record)
                      8. Golden State (I just don't believe much in this team)
                      9. Portland (I'm not exactly sure why I have them missing the playoffs. Just trying to uphold some good turnover. The West playoff teams won't be exactly the same as last year, or last year plus Phoenix or something like that.)
                      10. Phoenix (Need them to show me last year wasn't a fluke)
                      11. Dallas (The West is murderous, plus they lost a couple of players and Nowitzki's another year older)
                      12. Denver
                      13. Sacremento
                      14. Utah
                      15. L.A. Lakers (Haha)
                      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

The heat have bosh deng and a broken down wade. They are not going to be that good...

Lowry/gv over Napier/cole
                        Dd/Lou over broken down wade
                        Deng over ross for now
                        Bosh over Amir
                        Jv over Anderson

The only clearly better position they have is bosh. Deng is not even that much better than ross. Both bring defence but terrence is is a better shooter.

Miami only scoring option is bosh and sometimes d wade. Deng is decent but everyone else kind of sucks...

Toronto is clearly better than them this year
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                          The heat have bosh deng and a broken down wade. They are not going to be that good...

Lowry/gv over Napier/cole
                          Dd/Lou over broken down wade
                          Deng over ross for now
                          Bosh over Amir

Jv over Anderson

The only clearly better position they have is bosh. Deng is not even that much better than ross. Both bring defence but terrence is is a better shooter.

Miami only scoring option is bosh and sometimes d wade. Deng is decent but everyone else kind of sucks...

Toronto is clearly better than them this year
                          I disagree about Deng, Deng is alot better than Ross plus consistent , Midrange game, and is a decent finisher. While Ross is more of a streaky 3- Point shooter and defense.

Comment

chch166 wrote: View Post
                            I disagree about Deng, Deng is alot better than Ross plus consistent , Midrange game, and is a decent finisher. While Ross is more of a streaky 3- Point shooter and defense.
                            Tru but I still expect ross to become more consistent this year. But I would still take the raptors over bosh and deng any day
                            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Looks like Cavs are trading for three non-guaranteed contracts from Utah to Cle to free up room for Love. Damn first seed for sure with Love , Lebron , Kyrie

Comment

Working...
                              X