Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything James Johnson

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    I know the charge did not stick because JJ's wife was a no show in court, but Johnson was charged with hitting his wife in the face with an open hand before choking her just six weeks ago.
    Welp, at least we know he's good at taking charges then.

Post Thanks / Like

"Police observed no physical damage to JJ’s wife, and she refused medical treatment." and then she doesn't show up to court?

I call BS on the allegations. If you get hit by JJ, its leaving a mark.

DISCLAIMER: Domestic Abuse it absolutely terrible and I would never condone it.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

3. Like imanshumpert liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Ronald Tillery writes a column for a Memphis newspaper called the Griz Insider. He says that the Memphis front office wanted Johnson back but the coaching staff did not because " the coaching staff views him as a high-mistake and maddening player ."

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...erce-james-joh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    I truly believe we are getting a much more mature version of the JJ that we had before; and a JJ that will buy into the system from Day-1. Caseys system doesn't rely much on cheating or gambling the passing lanes, so assuming JJs on board, I think we'll get a far superior defender and wing-player than we had before.
    that's cool, but what makes you think he's going to do all that? he was in the coach's doghouse at the end of the season in memphis too.
    @jerboat

6. Like Fully liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    that's cool, but what makes you think he's going to do all that? he was in the coach's doghouse at the end of the season in memphis too.
    Other options are Fields, Ross or DeRozan. Don't care as long as its not Salmons

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    "Police observed no physical damage to JJ’s wife, and she refused medical treatment." and then she doesn't show up to court?

I call BS on the allegations. If you get hit by JJ, its leaving a mark.

DISCLAIMER: Domestic Abuse it absolutely terrible and I would never condone it.
    I hate that shit, the allegation alone follows the guy even without conviction or in some cases with them outright proving it wrong.

Kobe still gets called a rapist and even on this board someone called Chris Andersen a pedophile.

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I don't mean to be so pessimistic but what reasons are there to believe that Johnson is truly a changed man aside from the mandatory soundbites from Masai, Casey and JJ this offseason when he was signed?

He played his way into the doghouse in Memphis this year after playing himself out of the entire league the year before. Oh, and he's two months removed from a domestic assault charge. We can talk about his wingspan, his shot blocking abilities, his defensive prowess and what he'll bring to practice all we want but until he displays the skill of not being an idiot I'm going to hold my breathe.

10. Like ceez, white men can't jump liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Did he really got himself into a doghouse though? Prince came back from injury and they have Tony Allen, who can't shoot either. You can't have two guys on court who can't shoot. Mike Miller was playing great for them. I mean it's no wonder he got buried on a bench.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Did he really got himself into a doghouse though? Prince came back from injury and they have Tony Allen, who can't shoot either. You can't have two guys on court who can't shoot. Mike Miller was playing great for them. I mean it's no wonder he got buried on a bench.
    it's another thing though if he went from big minutes to never playing at all
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As I said in the signing thread, he had a dispute with Joerger and saw his playing time massively go down from there.

The fans in Memphis really don't like Joerger and would have prefered starting JJ over Prince all day. (even though the fit alongside Tony Allen is just horrible from an offense standpoint).
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Post Thanks / Like

Ex-Raptors don't do well in Memphis. VC should do great.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

if you look at his game log. He was either getting a lot of minutes or none at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post

if you look at his game log. He was either getting a lot of minutes or none at all.
    It'll be similar in Toronto. There are only a few teams that need a big wing matchup. Same as Hayes with post up guys. Johnson will get more minutes then Memphis but he is strictly a matchup guy.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    It'll be similar in Toronto. There are only a few teams that need a big wing matchup. Same as Hayes with post up guys. Johnson will get more minutes then Memphis but he is strictly a matchup guy.
    I'm good with that. It is specific match-ups that kill the Raps.

18. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie chch166's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Bruno?

Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.

He's terrible.
    You kinda of expect that from a 18 year old kid who never played against American Players. He showed lots of potential in Summer League with a NBA 3-Pointer and pretty good defense.
    Nevermind what haters say,
    ignore them ítil they fade away. - T.I

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    Yeah I don't mean to be so pessimistic but what reasons are there to believe that Johnson is truly a changed man aside from the mandatory soundbites from Masai, Casey and JJ this offseason when he was signed?

He played his way into the doghouse in Memphis this year after playing himself out of the entire league the year before. Oh, and he's two months removed from a domestic assault charge. We can talk about his wingspan, his shot blocking abilities, his defensive prowess and what he'll bring to practice all we want but until he displays the skill of not being an idiot I'm going to hold my breathe.
    Wasn't charges dropped because of lack of evidence or something like that. I honestly think that hte domestic assualt case was BS and was just her trying to milk money out of him through a lawsuit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote chch166 wrote: View Post
    Wasn't charges dropped because of lack of evidence or something like that. I honestly think that hte domestic assualt case was BS and was just her trying to milk money out of him through a lawsuit.
    Here's what happened as posted this afternoon on the Commercial Appeal (Memphis newspaper):

Authorities have dismissed the domestic violence case against NBA player James Johnson, officials said.

Johnson, 27, was arrested by Memphis police June 7 after an altercation with his wife of two years, Callie Johnson, and her mother. Johnson’s wife called police after he allegedly hit her in the face with an open hand and choked her. Johnson, who was a member of the Memphis Grizzlies at the time, also punched a hole in a bathroom door during the incident, according to the affidavit. He left the scene but later returned to find officers interviewing his wife. She had no injuries to her face or neck, police said. She told police they both had been drinking.

The case was dismissed because Callie Johnson did not show up in court, said Vince Higgins, spokesman for the Shelby County District Attorney’s office.
    Source: http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...hnson_87934510

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Here's what happened as posted this afternoon on the Commercial Appeal (Memphis newspaper):

Source: http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...hnson_87934510
    More evidence of the Raptors successful offseason. Two criminal court cases - no convictions. Go team.

Raptors Republic Starter Bonus Jonas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote chch166 wrote: View Post
    Man he's good at what we know he's good at (defense, spot scoring, shot-blocking) but I see myself becoming ridiculously annoyed of him halfway through the year. Terrible shooting mechanics, low IQ, cheated like crazy on that pick.... Let's hope he's on a short leash

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information