No announcement yet.

Everything James Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm surprised frustration hasn't gotten to him earlier...The guy played really well in the few games he started and played and he still doesn't get consistent playing time.

Also why is Carroll playing 41 mins when you have a perfect backup wasting away on the bench? Casey is going ruin to Carroll.

Comment

• Casey rode Amir to the ground and now Carroll is his next victim. Ugh
      OG is our king

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
        Yes it was an unnecessary comment.. but I can understand the frustration. LeBron is his ideal defensive matchup and he's not getting played (5 minutes?). There's just no reason for Carroll to be playing 41 minutes in a regular season game while he hasn't fully healed his foot injury.

--

And here's what he said after a DNP win over OKC

The guy isn't a bad dude.. But the frustration is getting to him.
        I'm not 100 percent sure on this, but has anyone ever notice that everyone does #WeTheNorth except for Kyle Lowry and James Johnson??? They just say #North... feel like it's a shot at the team kind of? Also the body languages of TRoss and PPAT makes me feel like there's a bigger picture, or something the fans don't see that they do

Comment

• Simplicity wrote: View Post
          I'm not 100 percent sure on this, but has anyone ever notice that everyone does #WeTheNorth except for Kyle Lowry and James Johnson??? They just say #North... feel like it's a shot at the team kind of? Also the body languages of TRoss and PPAT makes me feel like there's a bigger picture, or something the fans don't see that they do
          Might just be that new guys, outsiders, are eating their lunch.

Comment

• The problem with having JJ this year is that carroll has surpassed him as the teams best perimeter defender. Casey probably wants carroll to play against the other teams best wing for the entire game which is why carroll played 40 mins yesterday to match lebron.

If he's not guarding a good offensive player on the floor than there is just not that much value of having him on the court. His only plus offensive ability is finishing at the rim and even then he is still turnover prone. Still it doesn't make sense for Carroll to play over 36 mins a game especially with his foot injury and Casey should gave JJ at least 12 mins a game.

If JJ doesn't like that role trade him for a 2nd rounder and give those 12 mins to ross/patterson/powell/bennett.
            Last edited by slamdunk23; Thu Nov 26, 2015, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• If Ross and PP were sniping like they're supposed to, it would probably be easier for Casey to get JJ on the court.

Comment

• I'd like to see some more of JJ at the 5 in a small ball second unit.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  If Ross and PP were sniping like they're supposed to, it would probably be easier for Casey to get JJ on the court.
                  JJ posts up. JJ spins off defender (or faces up & drives). JJ lays it up. 2 points.

That simple... doesn't matter who's on the court with him.

Comment

• Is it coincidence that this is his contract year?
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• If we arent going to play him i feel like we could get a lot by giving him to a playoff team. Maybe him + wright for lyles and milsap from the jazz. Include a second maybe if we need to. Every playoff team needs a guy who can defend multiple positions, especially guys like kd, leonard, lebron, etc. note, i have no clue how good wright is, i just like what i saw from lyles in summer league.

Comment

• We only got a 2nd rounder for him last time. Don't think you'll get much more this time around.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          We only got a 2nd rounder for him last time. Don't think you'll get much more this time around.
                          He's a different player than he was before

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                            He's a different player than he was before
                            Yea. But he is getting less pt now, and has lost that potential label.

A team isn't going to trade for him unless maybe for a second rounder or as part of a bigger deal as a filler
                            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• There is talk on the hangout of jJ playing the 5. He did that in an exhibition game and did well. Do you think we will see JJ seeing time at the 5

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                                There is talk on the hangout of jJ playing the 5. He did that in an exhibition game and did well. Do you think we will see JJ seeing time at the 5
                                I believe he logged a few minutes there last game.

As for JJ, he was one of the most loved analytically last season. Give him some more minutes in the next few games to show that he is still the same player.

Comment

Working...
                                X