Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
      Done.
      You need to add a year to the end of that date.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        People here seem to remember a different JJ than I do. The James Johnson I remember always cheated on defense and had to get reigned in a ton.
        I truly believe we are getting a much more mature version of the JJ that we had before; and a JJ that will buy into the system from Day-1. Caseys system doesn't rely much on cheating or gambling the passing lanes, so assuming JJs on board, I think we'll get a far superior defender and wing-player than we had before.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
          Bruno?

Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.

He's terrible.
          How dare you question Masai - the Great and Powerful! He will smite thee!

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
            I truly believe we are getting a much more mature version of the JJ that we had before; and a JJ that will buy into the system from Day-1. Caseys system doesn't rely much on cheating or gambling the passing lanes, so assuming JJs on board, I think we'll get a far superior defender and wing-player than we had before.
            I know the charge did not stick because JJ's wife was a no show in court, but Johnson was charged with hitting his wife in the face with an open hand before choking her just six weeks ago.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
              I know the charge did not stick because JJ's wife was a no show in court, but Johnson was charged with hitting his wife in the face with an open hand before choking her just six weeks ago.
              Welp, at least we know he's good at taking charges then.

Comment

"Police observed no physical damage to JJ’s wife, and she refused medical treatment." and then she doesn't show up to court?

I call BS on the allegations. If you get hit by JJ, its leaving a mark.

DISCLAIMER: Domestic Abuse it absolutely terrible and I would never condone it.

Comment

Ronald Tillery writes a column for a Memphis newspaper called the Griz Insider. He says that the Memphis front office wanted Johnson back but the coaching staff did not because " the coaching staff views him as a high-mistake and maddening player ."

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...erce-james-joh

Comment

that's cool, but what makes you think he's going to do all that? he was in the coach's doghouse at the end of the season in memphis too.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      that's cool, but what makes you think he's going to do all that? he was in the coach's doghouse at the end of the season in memphis too.
                      Other options are Fields, Ross or DeRozan. Don't care as long as its not Salmons

Comment

"Police observed no physical damage to JJ’s wife, and she refused medical treatment." and then she doesn't show up to court?

I call BS on the allegations. If you get hit by JJ, its leaving a mark.

DISCLAIMER: Domestic Abuse it absolutely terrible and I would never condone it.
                        I hate that shit, the allegation alone follows the guy even without conviction or in some cases with them outright proving it wrong.

Kobe still gets called a rapist and even on this board someone called Chris Andersen a pedophile.

Comment

Yeah I don't mean to be so pessimistic but what reasons are there to believe that Johnson is truly a changed man aside from the mandatory soundbites from Masai, Casey and JJ this offseason when he was signed?

He played his way into the doghouse in Memphis this year after playing himself out of the entire league the year before. Oh, and he's two months removed from a domestic assault charge. We can talk about his wingspan, his shot blocking abilities, his defensive prowess and what he'll bring to practice all we want but until he displays the skill of not being an idiot I'm going to hold my breathe.

Comment

Did he really got himself into a doghouse though? Prince came back from injury and they have Tony Allen, who can't shoot either. You can't have two guys on court who can't shoot. Mike Miller was playing great for them. I mean it's no wonder he got buried on a bench.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              Did he really got himself into a doghouse though? Prince came back from injury and they have Tony Allen, who can't shoot either. You can't have two guys on court who can't shoot. Mike Miller was playing great for them. I mean it's no wonder he got buried on a bench.
                              it's another thing though if he went from big minutes to never playing at all
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

As I said in the signing thread, he had a dispute with Joerger and saw his playing time massively go down from there.

The fans in Memphis really don't like Joerger and would have prefered starting JJ over Prince all day. (even though the fit alongside Tony Allen is just horrible from an offense standpoint).
                                Myself (March 2014):
                                The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Working...
                                X