Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MACK11 wrote: View Post
    But he's close
    He also has fantastic athleticism and a likely much higher upside both defensively and offensively due to it (athleticism).

IMO, Ross will be much better if he gets confident and consistent.

Worst case, we have a Klay Thompson on the roster.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
      But he's close
      No he's not. Klay is an elite shooter. He's the 2nd best shooter in the game IMO just behind his teammate Curry.

Ross is more of a heatcheck guy.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

You guys kill me.

Comment

fully wrote: View Post
          you guys kill me.
          We're sorry zombie fully.

Comment

If gordan Hayward is a max player, so is klay. But if klay is a max player, Lebron deserves-like 69 mill in a year.

No fucking way is klay that good, one of the most overrated players right now. I don't know why minisota would take him and lee over chi towns offer or even Cleveland's offer
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I will laugh at any gm who gives Klay Thompson a max deal.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                I will laugh at any gm who gives Klay Thompson a max deal.
                No kidding,I still rather have T Ross,I c more of a potential with T Ross,Klay Thompson great talent,but not max and I believe his reached his ceiling.
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Anybody in this thread that said Ross is equal to, or better than Klay needs a head check. C'mon man, stop with the homerism. Until he actually proves he is better, this is not even close to a discussion. One guy is the hang-up part of the deal that would send Love to GSW, the other is a guy who won a dunk contest. Let's let another 2 or 3 years go by before you can even compare them.

Comment

The problem with the comparison here is the same one that surfaces when people use per-36 numbers: usage matters. Thompson averaged 67% more FGA/game in his second year. And when usage increases efficiency tends to decrease.

The caveat to this is that Thompson was assisted on 83% of his shots in his second year, while Ross was assisted on 75%. But then Thompson took even more shots in his third year and was assisted on 75% of them. The question is how much more of a load could Ross take while still maintaining his percentages.

I think Ross might be able to get there, but it's not some great shining goal.... at the max Thompson will be very overpaid.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                      If gordan Hayward is a max player, so is klay. But if klay is a max player, Lebron deserves-like 69 mill in a year.

No fucking way is klay that good, one of the most overrated players right now. I don't know why minisota would take him and lee over chi towns offer or even Cleveland's offer
                      If you compare every player to Lebron there would only be one person worth a max contract. With regards for Klay being worth a max extension, he would say that he currently is the best two way 2-guard in the league (not far off), thus makes him worth a max contract. He is a much better player then Ross currently, more consistent and while their percentages are similar, he has a bigger role in the offense, so to maintain such high efficiency is impressive. (especially while consistently guarding the likes of Chris Paul on the other end). Don't get me wrong, Ross is good, but comparing him to Klay seems a little far-fetched.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                        You guys kill me.
                        Right? Klay is "better" but based on opinion. Lmao...Smfh
                        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

I think we should keep in mind the op said what their numbers were in their second season. I think without a question klay is the better player right now. I would argue that ross has a chance to be better than klay because of his lateral quickness on the defensive end. Once he gets his rotations down he could really be a defensive stopper.

Comment

Klay thompson is a really good defender, maybe not as good as Ross in individual D but he reads rotations way better. He also was the one on Chris Paul when they played LAC in the playoffs.
                            Myself (March 2014):
                            The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Did someone actually say that Terrence Ross's worst case scenario was Klay Thompson? That's probably his best case scenario.

Thompson is a third year guard who has averaged 35 mpg the last two seasons for a 50 win team in the rabid West. He never misses games. He defends one of the opposition's best players every night for a top 5 defence in the league. And he throws in 18.5/3/2 on 55% true shooting while he's at it. Yes, he's bound to be overpaid next season in the same way that Parsons/Hayward were but that doesn't make him overrated necessarily.

Ross is still very inconsistent and while his best game may be close to Thompson, the issue is that it comes once only every 4 or 5 nights. He's got a long way to go before he can be compared to a kid like Thompson. And if the defence for him is that Ross is nowhere near his potential, then the same can still be said for Thompson as well. They are only a year apart in age and entering their third and fourth seasons respectively.

Seriously people; Ross puts up worse numbers... in a smaller role… for a worse team… If Masai called Golden State and asked to swap the players he would get hung up on. Like someone else mentioned, Thompson is the hang up for the Warriors landing Kevin Love! And some of you are still convinced that Klay Thompson is the poor man's Terrence Ross.

Comment

this thread is amazing
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X