• Show
Clear All

psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Are you Matt52?
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

But yes

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
      He also has fantastic athleticism and a likely much higher upside both defensively and offensively due to it (athleticism).

IMO, Ross will be much better if he gets confident and consistent.

Worst case, we have a Klay Thompson on the roster.
      This is the key IMO (see bold).
      Personally I think winning slum dunk may have set him back a year.
      With his jumping ability, athleticism, IMPROVED HANDLES, he can be unstoppable.
      A couple of dribbles and an extremely quick pull up from 8-12 feet =unstoppable. I have never seen anybody jump that quick.

Comment

Ironic comparison since both went to rival colleges. Ross went to University of Michigan and Thompson went to Washington State.
        Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

kopite91 wrote: View Post
          Ironic comparison since both went to rival colleges. Ross went to University of Michigan and Thompson went to Washington State.
          University of Washington*

Comment

Oh yeeah my bad... that's what I meant lol

Comment

What hasn't been considered up to this point is Ross's stats as a starter post-Gay vs Thompson, which should be a better means of comparison between the 2 at that stage of their respective careers.

In 62 games as a starter, Ross's stats were:
              29mpg. 4.4FG/10.4FGA .425FG%. 2.3 3P/5.7 3PA. .402%. .850FT% on 1.5FTA.
              12.2ppg, 3.3rpg, 1.1apg, 0.9stl, 0.4blk
              .558TS%, USG 19.8%, off-rtg 105, def-rtg 108

Looking at these numbers, Ross compares quite favourably both in traditional and advanced stats, which suggests that the difference between their traditional stats is in part a product of the extra 6mpg Thompson played. Here, Ross had a better off-rating, shooting slash and TS% with a 2% difference in usage, and a slightly worse def-rating of 108(vs 107) despite having better stl/blk%. The biggest area of difference is their assists and ass%, as Klay's are much better, although Ross had far fewer opportunities to handle the ball as the 4th or 5th option on the floor with the starting unit.

Obviously, the situational differences make any direct comparisons difficult, but I think that the idea has some validity, comparing their respective 2nd seasons in a vacuum. Is it likely that Ross develops along a similar path as Thompson? No, unfortunately for the Raptors and we, their fans, most likely because of the differences in roster make-up and direction that place Ross as a lower priority organizationally. This likely places Ross's floor somewhere around Danny Green or a Gerald Green/PJ Tucker hybrid, with a potential ceiling near that of Thompson's, although Thompson is more likely to reach that ceiling at the moment.
              Being a Toronto Raptors fan is like being in an abusive relationship... Every time you've reached your breaking point after years of disappointment and neglect, they do just enough to give you hope for the future... Only to let you down again.

Here's hoping 2014-2015 breaks the cycle!!! #WeTheNorth

Comment

It's hard to get a gauge on TRoss's development curve, thus the "world of potential" that people see. The depth at his position will give him some competition, but nothing to sweat about. Plus he's never had that weight of expectations placed on his shoulders which DD and Valancuinas have had since they've been drafted. When Ross goes into this offseason, his personal goal is to maintain his starting spot in the rotation. In contrast, DD and Valancuinas are putting in the work this summer to meet what is expected from them... both from a production and leadership standpoint.

It's so hard to get a read on Ross's skillset outside of his perimeter shooting that people start drawing all sorts of comparisons and ceilings. Comparing him to Klay Thompson might be a reach... but for a long-term comparison, I see Dee Brown as being a more realistic one.

Comment

hes going to learn from derozan this summer, come back with an in between game, and win MIP

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    T-Ross = Eddie Jones.

Klay = Drazen Petrovic.

If you don't know who Petrovic was. Youtube.
                    If Terrence Ross is Eddie Jones, I'm as happy as a pig in shit. Eddie Jones was a solid pro for a while there.

Comment

Eddie Jones
                      3× NBA All-Star (1997–1998, 2000)
                      All-NBA Third Team (2000)
                      3× All-Defensive Second Team (1998–2000)

that's supposed to be realistic projection? lool
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

maybe DraftExpress was right. He's something like Nick Young and JR Smith but without swag and not a headcase

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

They really undersold his athleticism.

As a thought experiment, I wonder how he would produce given DD-level role in the offense...I think he would produce pretty good

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            They really undersold his athleticism.

As a thought experiment, I wonder how he would produce given DD-level role in the offense...I think he would produce pretty good
                            Not well at all, I think. Not yet, at least.
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              Eddie Jones
                              3× NBA All-Star (1997–1998, 2000)
                              All-NBA Third Team (2000)
                              3× All-Defensive Second Team (1998–2000)

that's supposed to be realistic projection? lool
                              I think the comparison was meant to be for the type of player Ross will be... ie. 3 and D and dunks.

I think Ross is a poor man's Eddie Jones, but if he ever got to the level of prime Eddie Jones we'd all be over the moon. Prime Eddie Jones was one of my favorite players in the 90s.

Comment

Mechanically no way. KT shot is ugly. TRs mechanics are great. TR consistency may not be there yet tho

Comment

Working...
                                X