Phoenix - toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix - toronto

I'm not very good at trade proposals as you will see in the following, but I have an idea.

To Phoenix: Louis Williams, 1st round Draft Pick

To Toronto: Goran Dragic

If this is an impossible deal, please tell me because I actually need help if this isn't a realistic trade, so I can get better at it. No hurtful remarks please, because we're all fellow Raptors fans here!

Phoenix - toronto

Why don't you start off by checking espn trade machine to see if the salaries match? (Pretty sure you can google that, I'd give ya the link but I'm on my phone)

Secondly, I don't know that I do this trade if I'm Toronto. Lowry and Dragic have already played together before and it didn't turn out well for Lowry, with him pouting and eventually losing his starting position, getting into a fight with his coach, and eventually being ousted and labeled as a player who couldn't be coached. Dragic wouldn't be comfortable backing him up, and might even outplay him, almost forcing Casey to start him over Lowry. As an SG, which I don't think he can effectively play, he doesn't bring anything we don't already have to the table, plus were pretty deep there already.

Throwing in a 1st rounder would most likely be a yes for Phoenix as they're getting a pretty good asset for a guy who's expiring. They'd probably wait and see what the market for him is later on in the season though. And I don't think Masai mortgages the future to put the man he just resigned and gave the teams keys to (Lowry) in an identical situation which he's been unhappy in before.
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
      Why don't you start off by checking espn trade machine to see if the salaries match? (Pretty sure you can google that, I'd give ya the link but I'm on my phone)

Secondly, I don't know that I do this trade if I'm Toronto. Lowry and Dragic have already played together before and it didn't turn out well for Lowry, with him pouting and eventually losing his starting position, getting into a fight with his coach, and eventually being ousted and labeled as a player who couldn't be coached. Dragic wouldn't be comfortable backing him up, and might even outplay him, almost forcing Casey to start him over Lowry. As an SG, which I don't think he can effectively play, he doesn't bring anything we don't already have to the table, plus were pretty deep there already.

Throwing in a 1st rounder would most likely be a yes for Phoenix as they're getting a pretty good asset for a guy who's expiring. They'd probably wait and see what the market for him is later on in the season though. And I don't think Masai mortgages the future to put the man he just resigned and gave the teams keys to (Lowry) in an identical situation which he's been unhappy in before.
      I checked the Trade Machine already. Williams' salary is around 7.5 mil and Goran's is around 5.5 , so that's why I threw in a 1st round draft pick. But also for Louis, it said until like August, he can't be traded or something? I'm not exactly sure because I'm also on my phone at the moment. Thanks for the insight.

Comment

Would love to get Dragic but he will be getting big pay raise when contract expires. Trade is a pipe dream.

Comment

The trade should work. But Phoenix won't do it. Dragic just made All NBA. He is way too good to be traded for a late pick. Besides, Phoenix isn't tanking. If they trade Dragic, it's going to be for another all star caliber player.

Comment

Would you trade the 2016 Knicks / nuggets 1st round pick instead of the Raptors 1st pick, How about Vasqez plus 1st round pick instead of lou Williams after the 30 day wait period.

Comment

Are people forgetting Lowry and Dragic on the rockets? Do we want a repeat of that?
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                Are people forgetting Lowry and Dragic on the rockets? Do we want a repeat of that?
                That's irrelevant at that price. Dragic is a FAR better asset.

Hopefully Lowry is more mature now. But really you don't have to think about that stuff when someone offers you a healthy star caliber player for a friggin late 1st pick. If you don't like Dragic for some reason, you would just turn around and trade him for multiple picks, because he's easily worth it to someone. Heck, the Pelicans traded Nerlens Noel and another lottery pick for Jrue Holiday, and Dragic is clearly better.

Comment

We'd have to stretch waive Chuck Hayes to free up a roster spot but, I'm cool with that. Despite the fact that I like the ChuckWagon

Comment

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
                    We'd have to stretch waive Chuck Hayes to free up a roster spot but, I'm cool with that. Despite the fact that I like the ChuckWagon

I would only trade Fields if they add Ennis and Bledsoe too.

Comment

Working...
                    X