2014-15 NBA Season Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014-15 NBA Season Schedule

2014-15 season schedule has not been finalized yet but here are some interesting tidbits as the work is being done to finalize it:

The 2014-15 NBA regular-season is scheduled to begin on Oct. 28 and conclude on April 15, with the 2015 playoffs beginning on April 18.

The NBA is poised to turn the All-Star break into All-Star week this coming season, the Sun Sentinel has learned, providing teams with a full week off at midseason.

The move, which would give players seven days off between games in mid-February, would result in an increase of one or two back-to-back sets per team for the coming season, a party familiar with the process said.
    All-Star WEEK in Toronto 2016 it would appear.

The release of the 2014-15 NBA schedule has been pushed back into August to allow the league's television partners to adjust for the dramatic shakeup created by free agency, including the shift of LeBron James from the Miami Heat to Cleveland Cavaliers.

Commissioner Adam Silver hinted at the possibility of such a change during this past season's All-Star Weekend.

"That's something I've heard directly from the players on," Silver said in February. "They're saying that if we, if they could get a few more days off around All¿Star -- especially the All¿Stars, I think, who, as we all know, are so busy over the course of these few days -- it would be helpful to them to get some additional rest.

"Of course our season is so concentrated right now, that will require us to push back the season a few days. So we'll continue to look at it. It's an awfully long season right now. So I'm not sure we want to go too much longer. But we'll look at it."
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,4547367.story

I like the idea of making the season longer. Look at hockey, they start a month earlier and end around the same time. If the NBA could get ONE extra week for the season to split around the all-star break as well as a pre-christmas break that would work really well.

I don't know if it has been mentioned here but Silver wants to also add a early-mid season tournament...I really like the idea and think it should be included, somehow.

Comment

I know it will never happen but I would like to see a 50 game season. In this era of tank nation there are far too many meaningless games plus players wear down physically and the NBA game is often left to be played by the most durable players not necessarily the most talented.

Comment

They'll never cut the number of regular season games short.. that's money in their pockets that they would be blowing away.

The league either needs to cut back pre-season games and give players more rest.. or use that extra week for some kind of March Madness style tourney for lottery teams to see who'll get the first pick and who'll get the last pick in the draft. That will create more money and excitement and prevent teams from trying to tank through out the year. Players who play in the tourney will get paid of course.

Comment

Schedule related: http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/27/cav...r-lebron-james

They're going to make the defending champions open on the road and delay their ceremony? Seriously NBA?

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
            Schedule related: http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/27/cav...r-lebron-james

They're going to make the defending champions open on the road and delay their ceremony? Seriously NBA?

That is total horse poop.

It should be Miami at Cleveland.

Or Cleveland at San Antonio.

The champions, especially the Spurs considering who they are, should get more respect than this.

Comment

Don't be surprised. Spurs never get respect they deserve.

Comment

I think its a good idea to allow 7 days during the all star break as well as it should be 7 days before the end of the season and the playoffs. More rest will give players who are injured the rest they require to rehab properly and overall game play will also be better.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  I think its a good idea to allow 7 days during the all star break as well as it should be 7 days before the end of the season and the playoffs. More rest will give players who are injured the rest they require to rehab properly and overall game play will also be better.
                  That is an interesting point.

Might also lead to teams not resting top players as season winds down.

Comment

Comment

When you check out the social media feeds for the "release special" it's cluttered with all the new Cav's fans.
                      - Personally, I can't wait for the first rematch between the Nets/Raps

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/cavs-op...173526904.html

Woj knows too much. NBA will hire someone to take him out.

Comment

WoW... 4 of our games are on TNT and ESPN. Good stuff.

Including Brooklyn @ Toronto!
                          Last edited by ball4life; Wed Aug 13, 2014, 06:13 PM.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                            WoW... 4 of our games are on TNT and ESPN. Good stuff.

Including Brooklyn @ Toronto!
                            wow.

Comment

We're opening season vs Atlanta. meh

Comment

Working...
                              X