Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: demar derozan predictions!!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default demar derozan predictions!!

demar derozan has gotten much closer to his peak after 5 seasons in the league. But he will be in contact with the best trainers, coaches, and players this summer with team USA basketball.

Any idea what he can do for US next season? Has he maxed out his potential, or will he come back an even better player next year?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Stats wise, I expect 25-5-5 with 45% FG and 34% 3FG. I think he'll meet these expectations. But I'm hoping to see better defense and smarter decisions with the ball. The guy never stops improving. He'll keep getting better for years to come.

Raptors Republic Starter Katman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I predict this gets moved into the Everything Demar Derozan thread

4. Like GoldenBaller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
    Stats wise, I expect 25-5-5 with 45% FG and 34% 3FG. I think he'll meet these expectations. But I'm hoping to see better defense and smarter decisions with the ball. The guy never stops improving. He'll keep getting better for years to come.
    Woah

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He is what he is........ BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Honestly, I've given up trying to guess what he is or will become. His dedication to his craft makes projections and comparisons difficult. Sadly the areas of his game, outside of his handle, where he needs to improve are not going to be improved upon by being the gym rat he is.

Defense and decision making will be what takes him to the next level if he is to reach it.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    He is what he is........ BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Honestly, I've given up trying to guess what he is or will become. His dedication to his craft makes projections and comparisons difficult. Sadly the areas of his game, outside of his handle, where he needs to improve are not going to be improved upon by being the gym rat he is.

Defense and decision making will be what takes him to the next level if he is to reach it.
    You don't think either of his defense or decision making can improve?

Raptors Republic Starter Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the plan is for Demar's minutes to be reduced somewhat, now that our depth is noticeably improved, so that will affect his per-game numbers. But I do think we'll see a slight uptick in his efficiency. Demar's pretty close to his ceiling imo.

My guess is roughly 21ppg/4rpg/4apg/1spg on 55%TS. This is slightly better than Rip Hamilton's all-star seasons, so nothing to sneeze at. Rip shot the 3 better but Demar gets to the line a lot more. Prime Richard Jefferson hovered between 54% and 57% TS, with one outlier at 60%. Demar's roughly a hybrid of these two guys I think.

This statline would be nice solid production for Demar to maintain over the next few years. Obviously I'd want him to be a superstar shooting 60% TS but I doubt that's in the cards.

TRoss is the real x-factor on the wings for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    You don't think either of his defense or decision making can improve?
    Not by working his ass off in the gym which he is known to do.... and be commended for.

Those things are related to his basketball IQ.
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

Defence + better handles + slightly less ppg + more efficient ppg
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I think the plan is for Demar's minutes to be reduced somewhat, now that our depth is noticeably improved, so that will affect his per-game numbers. But I do think we'll see a slight uptick in his efficiency. Demar's pretty close to his ceiling imo.

My guess is roughly 21ppg/4rpg/4apg/1spg on 55%TS. This is slightly better than Rip Hamilton's all-star seasons, so nothing to sneeze at. Rip shot the 3 better but Demar gets to the line a lot more. Prime Richard Jefferson hovered between 54% and 57% TS, with one outlier at 60%. Demar's roughly a hybrid of these two guys I think.

This statline would be nice solid production for Demar to maintain over the next few years. Obviously I'd want him to be a superstar shooting 60% TS but I doubt that's in the cards.

TRoss is the real x-factor on the wings for us.
    I like the depth that the team has at pretty much every position but center. We have 2/3 deep at every position. Even at point guard we have Lowry/GV/Lou(I know he is SG but he can go here).
    Everyone will improve. I agree demar will be playing decreased minutes like 32 minutes a game or 34 instead of 37. This will mean that he is fresher for the playoffs. Amir will probably have his minutes decreased I would honestly like to see PPat pass him by in the depth chart only because I think Amir is a great bench player and because of his injury prone history. Back to demar.... I think he will average 22ppg 5rpg 5apg. The assist numbers will be that high because I think his handles will free up others around him. people like JV will be expected to provide more offence so will get more touches. His improved dribbles will really allow him to get a better percentage because of getting fouled more and shooting less contested midrange shots. I still think he struggles a bit from 3 so 31% from 3pt range although 34% from corners. He will average 44-47FG%.

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Carmelo Anthony.
    Last edited by Fully; Sat Jul 26th, 2014 at 01:03 PM.

13. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    I like the depth that the team has at pretty much every position but center. We have 2/3 deep at every position. Even at point guard we have Lowry/GV/Lou(I know he is SG but he can go here).
    Everyone will improve. I agree demar will be playing decreased minutes like 32 minutes a game or 34 instead of 37. This will mean that he is fresher for the playoffs. Amir will probably have his minutes decreased I would honestly like to see PPat pass him by in the depth chart only because I think Amir is a great bench player and because of his injury prone history. Back to demar.... I think he will average 22ppg 5rpg 5apg. The assist numbers will be that high because I think his handles will free up others around him. people like JV will be expected to provide more offence so will get more touches. His improved dribbles will really allow him to get a better percentage because of getting fouled more and shooting less contested midrange shots. I still think he struggles a bit from 3 so 31% from 3pt range although 34% from corners. He will average 44-47FG%.
    34% from corners is horrible. he already shoots better than 34% from there.

no idea how his 'improved dribbles' will make him get fouled more AND have more assists. whats the correlation there?? also considering he will ideally be playing less minutes as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Not by working his ass off in the gym which he is known to do.... and be commended for.

Those things are related to his basketball IQ.
    True. But you don't think bball IQ can improve with experience?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    True. But you don't think bball IQ can improve with experience?
    I hope so.

It is the only way he is going to improve those facets of his game.

*fingers crossed*
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

I'm expecting 42ppg 11rebounds and 10 assists a game with a true shooting percentage of 75 on 52 minutes per game. You may call these unrealistic expectations...you may say I'm crazy...and you would be right
    People I Will Shame When The Cavs Finish 8th
    1.) Day One - 2) JordanMariam14 - 3) Stooley - 4) Ceez - 5) Sam17
    6) mcHAPPY 7) ImanShumpert 8) Scraptor 9) Demographic Shift

18. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I'm expecting 42ppg 11rebounds and 10 assists a game with a true shooting percentage of 75 on 52 minutes per game. You may call these unrealistic expectations...you may say I'm crazy...and you would be right
    If he puts up these kinds of numbers you might be able to begin convincing me that his contract isn't bad
    Last edited by JimiCliff; Sat Jul 26th, 2014 at 06:46 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    34% from corners is horrible. he already shoots better than 34% from there.

no idea how his 'improved dribbles' will make him get fouled more AND have more assists. whats the correlation there?? also considering he will ideally be playing less minutes as well.

I honestly dont know how he shoots from the corners. I think that if he can improve his dribble it would help him get fouled more and get more assists because of the following reasons:

- He would be able to create more space on the perimeter from a one on one defender and it would allow him the space to drive and get closer to the basket thus drawing either more double teams or getting the defender out of position for a late blocking foul.

-Assuming the rest of his teammates like JV and TRoss improve on offence and are increased in there offensive usage the above point would result in more open shots for him.

-Driving vs shooting contested midrange jumpers results in more fouls being called and shooting more efficiently or at least shooting from more efficient areas. Yes he will play less minutes his minutes should only be decreased from just over 38mp to 32 or 31. His minutes won't be decreased past there. At the very least that would be his averages optimized for per 36 minutes per game.

So to sum this all up more efficient play coupled with the improved play of his team mates should lead to these numbers. He has already shown he can be a 20 point scorer and I don't see that dropping off. The least that he will average is 18-20.... The difference is he will be shooting less shots more efficiently so instead of taking 20 shots to get 20 points, like Bargs did, he will take probably an average off 13-15 shots per game and go to the line at least 4-7 times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Forget Carmelo!

Demar DeRozan = Oscar Robertson

......with a lot of overtime games?!?!?!?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

DeMar DeRozan = Heir Canada, 23.5ppg, 5rpg, 3apg = 2nd time NBA Allstar

Post Thanks / Like

I hope so.

It is the only way he is going to improve those facets of his game.

*fingers crossed*
    Agreed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information