demar derozan predictions!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• demar derozan predictions!!

demar derozan has gotten much closer to his peak after 5 seasons in the league. But he will be in contact with the best trainers, coaches, and players this summer with team USA basketball.

Any idea what he can do for US next season? Has he maxed out his potential, or will he come back an even better player next year?

Stats wise, I expect 25-5-5 with 45% FG and 34% 3FG. I think he'll meet these expectations. But I'm hoping to see better defense and smarter decisions with the ball. The guy never stops improving. He'll keep getting better for years to come.

Comment

I predict this gets moved into the Everything Demar Derozan thread

Comment

Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
        Stats wise, I expect 25-5-5 with 45% FG and 34% 3FG. I think he'll meet these expectations. But I'm hoping to see better defense and smarter decisions with the ball. The guy never stops improving. He'll keep getting better for years to come.
        Woah

Comment

He is what he is........ BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Honestly, I've given up trying to guess what he is or will become. His dedication to his craft makes projections and comparisons difficult. Sadly the areas of his game, outside of his handle, where he needs to improve are not going to be improved upon by being the gym rat he is.

Defense and decision making will be what takes him to the next level if he is to reach it.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            He is what he is........ BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Honestly, I've given up trying to guess what he is or will become. His dedication to his craft makes projections and comparisons difficult. Sadly the areas of his game, outside of his handle, where he needs to improve are not going to be improved upon by being the gym rat he is.

Defense and decision making will be what takes him to the next level if he is to reach it.
            You don't think either of his defense or decision making can improve?
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I think the plan is for Demar's minutes to be reduced somewhat, now that our depth is noticeably improved, so that will affect his per-game numbers. But I do think we'll see a slight uptick in his efficiency. Demar's pretty close to his ceiling imo.

My guess is roughly 21ppg/4rpg/4apg/1spg on 55%TS. This is slightly better than Rip Hamilton's all-star seasons, so nothing to sneeze at. Rip shot the 3 better but Demar gets to the line a lot more. Prime Richard Jefferson hovered between 54% and 57% TS, with one outlier at 60%. Demar's roughly a hybrid of these two guys I think.

This statline would be nice solid production for Demar to maintain over the next few years. Obviously I'd want him to be a superstar shooting 60% TS but I doubt that's in the cards.

TRoss is the real x-factor on the wings for us.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                You don't think either of his defense or decision making can improve?
                Not by working his ass off in the gym which he is known to do.... and be commended for.

Those things are related to his basketball IQ.

Comment

Defence + better handles + slightly less ppg + more efficient ppg
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    I think the plan is for Demar's minutes to be reduced somewhat, now that our depth is noticeably improved, so that will affect his per-game numbers. But I do think we'll see a slight uptick in his efficiency. Demar's pretty close to his ceiling imo.

My guess is roughly 21ppg/4rpg/4apg/1spg on 55%TS. This is slightly better than Rip Hamilton's all-star seasons, so nothing to sneeze at. Rip shot the 3 better but Demar gets to the line a lot more. Prime Richard Jefferson hovered between 54% and 57% TS, with one outlier at 60%. Demar's roughly a hybrid of these two guys I think.

This statline would be nice solid production for Demar to maintain over the next few years. Obviously I'd want him to be a superstar shooting 60% TS but I doubt that's in the cards.

TRoss is the real x-factor on the wings for us.
                    I like the depth that the team has at pretty much every position but center. We have 2/3 deep at every position. Even at point guard we have Lowry/GV/Lou(I know he is SG but he can go here).
                    Everyone will improve. I agree demar will be playing decreased minutes like 32 minutes a game or 34 instead of 37. This will mean that he is fresher for the playoffs. Amir will probably have his minutes decreased I would honestly like to see PPat pass him by in the depth chart only because I think Amir is a great bench player and because of his injury prone history. Back to demar.... I think he will average 22ppg 5rpg 5apg. The assist numbers will be that high because I think his handles will free up others around him. people like JV will be expected to provide more offence so will get more touches. His improved dribbles will really allow him to get a better percentage because of getting fouled more and shooting less contested midrange shots. I still think he struggles a bit from 3 so 31% from 3pt range although 34% from corners. He will average 44-47FG%.

Comment

Carmelo Anthony.
                      Last edited by Fully; Sat Jul 26, 2014, 01:03 PM.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                        I like the depth that the team has at pretty much every position but center. We have 2/3 deep at every position. Even at point guard we have Lowry/GV/Lou(I know he is SG but he can go here).
                        Everyone will improve. I agree demar will be playing decreased minutes like 32 minutes a game or 34 instead of 37. This will mean that he is fresher for the playoffs. Amir will probably have his minutes decreased I would honestly like to see PPat pass him by in the depth chart only because I think Amir is a great bench player and because of his injury prone history. Back to demar.... I think he will average 22ppg 5rpg 5apg. The assist numbers will be that high because I think his handles will free up others around him. people like JV will be expected to provide more offence so will get more touches. His improved dribbles will really allow him to get a better percentage because of getting fouled more and shooting less contested midrange shots. I still think he struggles a bit from 3 so 31% from 3pt range although 34% from corners. He will average 44-47FG%.
                        34% from corners is horrible. he already shoots better than 34% from there.

no idea how his 'improved dribbles' will make him get fouled more AND have more assists. whats the correlation there?? also considering he will ideally be playing less minutes as well.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          Not by working his ass off in the gym which he is known to do.... and be commended for.

Those things are related to his basketball IQ.
                          True. But you don't think bball IQ can improve with experience?
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                            True. But you don't think bball IQ can improve with experience?
                            I hope so.

It is the only way he is going to improve those facets of his game.

*fingers crossed*

Comment

I'm expecting 42ppg 11rebounds and 10 assists a game with a true shooting percentage of 75 on 52 minutes per game. You may call these unrealistic expectations...you may say I'm crazy...and you would be right
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                              X