Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Your prediction for the Big Men

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    sicamouse
    Posts
    188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Your prediction for the Big Men

    I think the offense will be guard driven but do you see Jonas, Patrick , amir and the big boys having improvements in there stat's.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,074
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I see Amir's stats dropping. Pat man is going to take even more minutes this year (but remain coming off the bench). JV should see more touches but I think his %'s drop while totals rise (less efficient but more productive).

  3. Like Letter N liked this post
  4. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    I see Amir's stats dropping. Pat man is going to take even more minutes this year (but remain coming off the bench). JV should see more touches but I think his %'s drop while totals rise (less efficient but more productive).
    Agreed. I can see 2Patt playing more minutes in an attempt to preserve Amir's health for the length of the season.

    Jonas should be playing more minutes, and I do see him getting more touches on the offensive end. Im hoping that he can become more of a defensive anchor for the team as well.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."
    Demar Derozan


  5. #4
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,784
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    I see Amir's stats dropping. Pat man is going to take even more minutes this year (but remain coming off the bench). JV should see more touches but I think his %'s drop while totals rise (less efficient but more productive).
    I'm hoping JV starts taking those short jumpers a little more and also that he starts hitting them. He actually seemed to shoot more in the first few months he was with the Raps than he has since. Anyone with his FT % should be money from 12 feet out. Then those pump fakes start to mean something. His % could actually go up.

  6. #5
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,662
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    JV mid range game dropped from 41 to 34% from rookie to 2nd year.

    That is going back up plus a better post game plus increased strength leading to more offensive rebounding.

    He's going to average 55%+ from floor on 10 attempts per game with 75%+ FT on 4 attempts per game.

    That is Casey's 14 points per game.
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  7. #6
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,250
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I see 2Pat creeping into the starting lineup and allowing Amir to slide back into that 1st big off the bench role. 2Pat would open up the floor and move the ball allowing more room for Jonas to operate
    People I Will Shame When The Cavs Finish 8th
    1.) Day One - 2) JordanMariam14 - 3) Stooley - 4) Ceez - 5) Sam17
    6) mcHAPPY 7) ImanShumpert 8) Scraptor 9) Demographic Shift 10) Rocwell 11) Everyone

  8. #7
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I see 2Pat creeping into the starting lineup and allowing Amir to slide back into that 1st big off the bench role. 2Pat would open up the floor and move the ball allowing more room for Jonas to operate
    Our D has so far always been better with Amir starting though. Do we need more spacing over better D? I think D wins out. Also, Amir's presence really doesn't prevent Jonas from operating.

  9. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,074
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I see 2Pat creeping into the starting lineup and allowing Amir to slide back into that 1st big off the bench role. 2Pat would open up the floor and move the ball allowing more room for Jonas to operate
    I think the bench would be better serve with 2Pat, GV and Lou scoring, while the starters don't need much scoring from the PF spot, with DD, and Lowry taking the lions share of the shots.

  10. #9
    Raptors Republic Rookie vino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    I think the bench would be better serve with 2Pat, GV and Lou scoring, while the starters don't need much scoring from the PF spot, with DD, and Lowry taking the lions share of the shots.
    Does not really matter who starts... What matters is who plays more and who finishes games. In one word -
    Matchup. Long term, past this season, I see Patterson taking over PF spot. Hope Jonas kills it this season!

  11. #10
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think JV is going to garner more touches, I expect improvements across the boards, however percentages may suffer.

    Amir will start, but Amir and Patterson will share about half the minutes, mainly to preserve the health for Amir. I wouldn't be surprised however if Patterson overtakes the starting position. I also expect as the season progresses, Hansbrough may find himself in the lineup.

  12. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    RaptorLand
    Posts
    478
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Amir is gonna do Amir things, I expect less 3pters and more OREB.

    2Pat is gonna emerge as the starter after Amir gets a minor injury. The injury will also increase playing time for JJ as a 4, guarding opponent stretch fours.

    Amir will thrive off the bench and often close games with 2Pat as they are the best defensive frontcourt tandem.

    JV will also get to close more games thanks to a better % from mid range and being less foul prone. I expect 14 and 10.

    Hands Bro is going to have the same playing time as last season, but I expect a better FT% (he shot below is career average).

    Chuck is gonna be thrown in when ever an opponent's big gets it doing, but will play less minutes than last season.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

  13. #12
    Raptors Republic Starter S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    898
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sheesh Amir is still underappreciated. I think Amir's ability to contribute in virtually every facet of the game is still more valuable that PP's shooting, and I love PP. The only reason Amir's minutes should be given to PP is to preserve Johnson for the playoffs. Amir at 100% health should be a key goal heading into the post-season.

  14. Like OldSkoolCool, ezz_bee liked this post
  15. #13
    Raptors Republic Starter godkingleonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think Chuck Hayes will get traded before training camp.

  16. #14
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i think people are still going to undervalue amir, and he will continue to do his thing and gradually improve on last year.

  17. #15
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,036
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I was not sure where to put this comment, but in light of Paul George's injury, I wanted to remind folks that both Amir Johnson and Tyler Hansbrough had bone bruises this last season. Amir took three games off near the end of the season to deal with his ankle(s), while Tyler missed a whole month. The only cure for a bone bruise is rest, because it can weaken the internal structure of the bone. Untreated, it can lead to injuries such as George's yesterday (not that I am suggesting he had such a problem). Coach Casey put Hansbrough in the dog house for not "fighting through" the injury, unlike Amir. That is really a bad approach to treating an athletic injury, especially when you need your men at full strength for the playoffs.

  18. #16
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,399
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think JV is going to have his "breakout" season. Nothing spectacular (I'm not talking 20ppg) but I expect him to improve overall and everyone league wide will recognize Jonas as a threat and a key player for this team. Amir will be a beast this season. He is playing for a contract and the right to be recognized as a starting caliber 4. He will start as long as he is healthy.

    Both of those things will depend heavily on the guards willingness to get the ball inside and deliver it to the roller on the PnR.

  19. Like caccia liked this post
  20. #17
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Chucky and Laundry fields and Bebe for David West

  21. #18
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,687
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote caccia wrote: View Post
    I was not sure where to put this comment, but in light of Paul George's injury, I wanted to remind folks that both Amir Johnson and Tyler Hansbrough had bone bruises this last season. Amir took three games off near the end of the season to deal with his ankle(s), while Tyler missed a whole month. The only cure for a bone bruise is rest, because it can weaken the internal structure of the bone. Untreated, it can lead to injuries such as George's yesterday (not that I am suggesting he had such a problem). Coach Casey put Hansbrough in the dog house for not "fighting through" the injury, unlike Amir. That is really a bad approach to treating an athletic injury, especially when you need your men at full strength for the playoffs.
    That had to be the reason why he stopped playing Tyler because Tyler is by far the better player than Hayes. Any issue you have with Tyler in terms of his game Hayes is worse. The only thing Hayes is better at is passing and guarding the post. I don't think those are that important that he should be playing Hayes over Tyler. To me if Washington and Boston were as comfortable as they were playing Kris Humphries at center (which he did a good job at by the way) then Hansbrough should be able to play backup center as well. I know Kris is more athletic and blocks more shots but Hayes is even worse at that than Tyler so what's the point of Hayes? I might as well get over it though because Tyler is in Casey's bad books for some reason.

  22. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,036
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default



    I certainly agree. Perhaps in the new season, Coach Casey will just forget all that happened and go with what works, with Tyler as primary backup center. I would not make any predictions, though. I put in some numbers comparing the league rankings of Amir Johnson and Hansbrough in the "Everything Tyler Hansbrough" thread, post 32. If you look at diffferent lineup combinations, it turns out that Tyler works well with both Johnson and Patterson, but not so well with Valanciunas and Hayes.

  23. #20
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,687
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote caccia wrote: View Post


    I certainly agree. Perhaps in the new season, Coach Casey will just forget all that happened and go with what works, with Tyler as primary backup center. I would not make any predictions, though. I put in some numbers comparing the league rankings of Amir Johnson and Hansbrough in the "Everything Tyler Hansbrough" thread, post 32. If you look at diffferent lineup combinations, it turns out that Tyler works well with both Johnson and Patterson, but not so well with Valanciunas and Hayes.
    Well that's good because if he's playing center he will play alongside Amir and patterson most of the time. Even more reason why he should play center

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •