Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Fields play in the NBA after this contract?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    How much of a contract does a player get? For example Lowry at $12M per, how many goes to taxes, and all that?
    Usually between 35-40% goes to taxes, depending where the player plays.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
      He's worth about 1-year 400,000/year deal.

http://www.si.com/nba/point-forward/...salary-players
      His minimum salary will be over a million dollars next season based on his years of service in the NBA.

Even an undrafted rookie signed to a one year minimum deal next summer will make over 500K.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        Usually between 35-40% goes to taxes, depending where the player plays.
        Wow that's crazy, f*** the gov't.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
          His minimum salary will be over a million dollars next season based on his years of service in the NBA.

Even an undrafted rookie signed to a one year minimum deal next summer will make over 500K.
          The "Lucky B*stard" just keeps getting luckier. LOL.

Comment

This will be Landry's last season in the NBA.

Comment

If healthy, he can stick around for maybe another 2-3 years. His value of defense and rebounding can still be used by a team looking for a bench player.

Comment

Nobody knows what his shot will look like this year except him and his shooting coach. We'll know more about his recovery from nerve damage surgery in October.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                  Nobody knows what his shot will look like this year except him and his shooting coach. We'll know more about his recovery from nerve damage surgery in October.
                  The Raptors have good depth in the wing spot now.. if Fields shot does come back.. does Casey play him or continue to keep him on the bench? His next contract in my opinion comes down to Casey and the Raptors organization. I'm hoping he's healthier but even if that was the case I don't trust Casey to give him minutes. And if he doesn't get minutes he may not get another contract as his resume would look very bleak going into next summer.

I don't really think it comes down to what his shot looks like. Even if it is no longer broken.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    ...I don't really think it comes down to what his shot looks like. Even if it is no longer broken.
                    If his shot isn't broken, Masai will not throw away an asset for nothing, or watch him simply expire. He will ensure that Fields gets playing time and then engineer a trade. It won't take a lot of minutes for Fields to show the NBA that he is back, if that is the case. He already has value as an expiring. He carries additional value as a heads up offensive player and a very good defensive player. There will be some team at the trade deadline that needs some combination of an expiring, a defender and a good off ball player. So it won't be up to Casey. Fields will have his chance to prove he can play, either on the Raptors or someplace else.

Comment

If his shot isn't broken, Masai will not throw away an asset for nothing, or watch him simply expire. He will ensure that Fields gets playing time and then engineer a trade. It won't take a lot of minutes for Fields to show the NBA that he is back, if that is the case. He already has value as an expiring. He carries additional value as a heads up offensive player and a very good defensive player. There will be some team at the trade deadline that needs some combination of an expiring, a defender and a good off ball player. So it won't be up to Casey. Fields will have his chance to prove he can play, either on the Raptors or someplace else.
                      If Fields has any offensive game, Indy would be interested. An expiring SF to replace PG for one year.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        If Fields has any offensive game, Indy would be interested. An expiring SF to replace PG for one year.
                        Just looked at Indiana's roster. Is there anything there the Raptors might want of need? They aren't likely to want to give up picks in the next two drafts with PG out for two (well 1 1/2) seasons.

Comment

Just looked at Indiana's roster. Is there anything there the Raptors might want of need? They aren't likely to want to give up picks in the next two drafts with PG out for two (well 1 1/2) seasons.
                          I've seen Ian Mahinmi suggested as a backup C. Eats into next year's cap room though. I'd rather stand pat.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                            I've seen Ian Mahinmi suggested as a backup C. Eats into next year's cap room though. I'd rather stand pat.
                            I kind of agree, although I love Mahinmi as a backup otherwise.

I really think that 2015 is our last big chance to add a game changer, then we're stuck with that core. In 3 or 4 years, if we aren't looking good, I could see us shaking things up.

2016 is going to have cap holds for JV, Ross and likely Demar, and Demar and JV will likely be worth more than their holds once we sign them...
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                              I kind of agree, although I love Mahinmi as a backup otherwise.

I really think that 2015 is our last big chance to add a game changer, then we're stuck with that core. In 3 or 4 years, if we aren't looking good, I could see us shaking things up.

2016 is going to have cap holds for JV, Ross and likely Demar, and Demar and JV will likely be worth more than their holds once we sign them...
                              Yeah, next summer is the time to make a splash on a max or near-max free agent. We could hold off and have cap room in 2016 (if we don't keep DD), but EVERYONE will have cap room in 2016. Better to be able to move forward with a max level guy, DD, all our current core AND adding 3 draft picks in the next two years. So even if we want to make a play for a superstar in 2016, it will be via sign and trade or straight up trade with the assets we would have accumulated (DD, max guy next summer, Lowry, Ross, Val, Bruno, BeBe, expiring PPat, 2015 1st, 2016 1st, NYK 2016 1st).
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Asset Accumulation + Patience model.

Comment

Working...
                                X