Chi, Cle, Ind, Wash can all shove it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Players take a season to come back from knee problems and that is on offenses that have some balance. Rose was a heavy unassisted point scorer pre-injury, expecting something close is going to be tough.
    well, westbrook came back strong, but he's a freak.

Rose's game will be anywhere between playoff wade and westbrook
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
      I have the East tiered like this:

1-2:
      Chicago
      Cleveland

3-6 (in no order):
      Toronto
      Washington
      Indiana
      Miami

Competing for last 2 playoff spots:
      Charlotte
      Atlanta
      Brooklyn
      New York
      Detroit

Won't be in the playoff race:
      Boston
      Philly
      Orlando
      Milwaukee
      That's a pretty good breakdown in my books. But I wouldn't be surprised if it panned out completely differently.

The only teams on that list I'm reasonably sure about (barring unforeseen injury, Rose would be a foreseen injury) are:
      a) Cleveland, who will win at least 50, could win up to 60
      b) Washington, will win somewhere between 45 and 55
      c) Toronto, also somewhere between 45 and 55
      d) Brooklyn will be 35 to 45

Everyone else seems to have a difference between floor and ceiling of about 20 games. I wouldn't be surprised if Indiana and Miami win 35 and I wouldn't be surprised if they won 55. Same with Charlotte. New York and Detroit could be anywhere from utter disaster to 5 seed. I really have no clue about the East right now.
      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
        I completely agree except for Miami.

They're starting Chalmers, Wade, Deng, Bosh, Anderson.

I think they lack shooting with that starting five, and their bench absolutely blows. McRoberts is good. Granger is terrible, and pretty much everyone else is terrible too.

and is wade going to rest every second game again? will he look even older than last year?

do they have the personnel to change their defensive schemes? cuz they definitely don't have the personnel to play the athletic trapping defense anymore.

edit: oh and who's going to be creating shots now? lebron was their de facto ball handler, and i'm not sure i'd trust chalmers with that job.

they don't have a pg, they don't have a C, and their SG only plays every couple games.

i think they're in the lower tier, and i'd consider moving one of charlotte or atlanta (probably atlanta) into the second tier
        I'm really curious to see if Bosh has anything close to 20 & 10 left in the tank. I'm not sure if he was "adapting" to Miami's system the last couple seasons, or just declining. If he doesn't have much more than what he's shown, and Wade continues to fall apart physically, then Miami is really screwed for at least a couple seasons. They committed way too much to Wade & Bosh - they're a high risk to become the Eastern Conference version of the Lakers.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
          I'm really curious to see if Bosh has anything close to 20 & 10 left in the tank. I'm not sure if he was "adapting" to Miami's system the last couple seasons, or just declining. If he doesn't have much more than what he's shown, and Wade continues to fall apart physically, then Miami is really screwed for at least a couple seasons. They committed way too much to Wade & Bosh - they're a high risk to become the Eastern Conference version of the Lakers.
          I think even with bosh at 20 and 10 its possible they don't break .500
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I think even with bosh at 20 and 10 its possible they don't break .500
            I think you're underestimating Wade a bit. Even if he's not DWYANE WADE anymore, decline arcs don't usually go straight from top 5 player in the league to scrub. He was a productive player when he played last year, and just ran out of gas in the playoffs (which isn't a good sign considering he sat out 1/3rd of the teams games).

I expect he'll be productive again this year and a good go-to second player in the 55 games he plays. So if Miami goes 12-15 in the games Wade doesn't play, to get to 45 wins they only have to go 33-22 in the rest, which I think is doable with a top 4 of Wade, Bosh, Deng and McBob.

Of course, pretty well all those players are injury risks. Miami is a very high variance team this year. As I said, they could win 55 if Wade suddenly gets a second wind and they could win 35.
            Last edited by Other Scott; Thu Jul 31, 2014, 02:43 PM. Reason: Math
            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
              The contract year thing should also apply to gortat as we'll...

And I didn't say that -_- you just twisted my words doode. I suggest you reread my points...
              if it applies to gortat, that means it would apply to vasquez and ppat.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                if it applies to gortat, that means it would apply to vasquez and ppat.
                ok...if we are naming all of the off season acquisitions now, it would also apply to Miller, Blair, Pierce, and Booker as well

We are the same as Washington at this point, and this being a fucking raptors board. I'm going to give the damn benefit of the doubt to the Raptors.

I guess we will see whos right when the season starts.
                Quote me on this, The Toronto Raptors will win more games than the Washington Wizards during this upcoming season!
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Players take a season to come back from knee problems and that is on offenses that have some balance. Rose was a heavy unassisted point scorer pre-injury, expecting something close is going to be tough.
                  Yes and Rose had an entire season off already....

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
                    Yes and Rose had an entire season off already....
                    A season of playing not recovery.

Comment

I'm kinda glad that everyone thinks of raptors won't do that much,so the expectation is low.
                      I really don't care what experts say,I watch tons of b ball and I know where the raptors rank.
                      I'll I can say is this,even when raptors lose u get a beat down,definitely a playoff team,is it contender no,but they are getting there.
                      Raptors are a very hungry team,I be very careful if I'm the opposition. Mix of Veterans,young,athletic,plenty of bigs..Coach(assistant) that has won championship,defensively minded.

P.S

Team still needs Veteran Back up Center,then raptors will b rolling.
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

I completely agree except for Miami.

They're starting Chalmers, Wade, Deng, Bosh, Anderson.

I think they lack shooting with that starting five, and their bench absolutely blows. McRoberts is good. Granger is terrible, and pretty much everyone else is terrible too.

and is wade going to rest every second game again? will he look even older than last year?

do they have the personnel to change their defensive schemes? cuz they definitely don't have the personnel to play the athletic trapping defense anymore.

edit: oh and who's going to be creating shots now? lebron was their de facto ball handler, and i'm not sure i'd trust chalmers with that job.

they don't have a pg, they don't have a C, and their SG only plays every couple games.

i think they're in the lower tier, and i'd consider moving one of charlotte or atlanta (probably atlanta) into the second tier
                        I agree with some of what you're saying. They're definitely a team that could be completely taken out by an injury or two, but you can say that for a lot of these teams.

I'm not so sure about the shooting argument - Chalmers was close to 40% last season on 200+ attempts, Bosh has added the 3-ball to his game in Miami and Deng has shown the ability to knock it down during his career as well even if his percentages from last season weren't great. I also think there's a good chance they start McRoberts instead of Birdman which gives them another floor stretcher. Call me crazy but I think they have 3point threats at 4/5 starting positions.

I'm really not that high on them but I think Deng-Bosh-Wade is good enough for a top six seed, especially if they come out and play with a little 'f--k you' in their game like I'm expecting. I'm predicting 44-46 wins and a 5th/6th seed - not world beaters by any means but still a solid squad.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                          I agree with some of what you're saying. They're definitely a team that could be completely taken out by an injury or two, but you can say that for a lot of these teams.

I'm not so sure about the shooting argument - Chalmers was close to 40% last season on 200+ attempts, Bosh has added the 3-ball to his game in Miami and Deng has shown the ability to knock it down during his career as well even if his percentages from last season weren't great. I also think there's a good chance they start McRoberts instead of Birdman which gives them another floor stretcher. Call me crazy but I think they have 3point threats at 4/5 starting positions.

I'm really not that high on them but I think Deng-Bosh-Wade is good enough for a top six seed, especially if they come out and play with a little 'f--k you' in their game like I'm expecting. I'm predicting 44-46 wins and a 5th/6th seed - not world beaters by any means but still a solid squad.
                          True and you probably wouldn't want to play them in the play offs.
                          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                          Because its 2015

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                            I'm kinda glad that everyone thinks of raptors won't do that much,so the expectation is low.
                            I really don't care what experts say,I watch tons of b ball and I know where the raptors rank.
                            I'll I can say is this,even when raptors lose u get a beat down,definitely a playoff team,is it contender no,but they are getting there.
                            Raptors are a very hungry team,I be very careful if I'm the opposition. Mix of Veterans,young,athletic,plenty of bigs..Coach(assistant) that has won championship,defensively minded.

P.S

Team still needs Veteran Back up Center,then raptors will b rolling.
                            A young team like the Raps will do much better as underdogs than favourites. The more the media counts them out the better, in all honesty.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

So Derek Rose looks amazingly fast in the USA showcase game. I guess that's good but not for the raps...
                              Because its 2015

Comment

Also, Rose has been a disaster defensively and hasn't taken a jump shot yet and there's no defence in general being played. so maybe this means nothing but he's definitely not hesitant
                                Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X