• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul George Injury: WARNING - Graphic

Oh my F*ck....

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/BD569...FRrQimZRD03Dxf

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...043153735.html

Was just talking to a friend about Garbo's injury, and well as that kid from Louisville... this is by far more disgusting to watch than both of those.
    Last edited by Joey; Sat Aug 2, 2014, 10:42 AM.

Yup.. scary shit. scary.

At least now we know there's no ancillary damage per ESPN's Windhorst.

Comment

Not saying that stanchion placement is the cause of PG's injury, but this should be changed to NBA-levels.

Comment

He snapped his shin...clean break fustercluck. You can hear him screaming too

Hope for a speedy, full recovery
        Last edited by OldSkoolCool; Sat Aug 2, 2014, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Horrible. I feel so bad for him.

P.S. I had an insurance commercial play before I watched the video on yahoo.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
            P.S. I had an insurance commercial play before I watched the video on yahoo.
            Contextual advertising

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

He snapped his shin...clean break fustercluck. You can hear him screaming too

Hope for a speedy, full recovery
              You don't recover speedily from that. He should be thankful if he can make close to a full recovery, poor guy... So gruesome and I cannot imagine the pain.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

It's unbelievable what modern medicine can do. I'm skeptical about a PG return, but if Kevin Ware came back and played I'd like to think its very possible. Unfortunate for the Pacers organization. Hibbert better put on his big boy pants.

Comment

As a football (or soccer as Yanks call it) fan and Liverpool supporter, broken fibulas are more frequent in our sport and thus I'm not really distraught by the injury. Usually recovery times for football are a year and the player's effectiveness after the injuries vary depending on player. Some players aren't the same while others are able to maintain their form or better. The only ones I can remember for basketball are the Kevin Ware/ Shaun Livingston injuries, but neither were marquee players prior to the injury. This is the first time I can recollect in the sport of basketball that a player of PG's caliber has suffered such an injury. While his basic skillset will allow him to average 20+points with ease, I think this injury will have a bigger effect on the defensive end. I hope he recovers from this and comes back to play.
                  Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

kopite91 wrote: View Post
                    As a football (or soccer as Yanks call it) fan and Liverpool supporter, broken fibulas are more frequent in our sport and thus I'm not really distraught by the injury. Usually recovery times for football are a year and the player's effectiveness after the injuries vary depending on player. Some players aren't the same while others are able to maintain their form or better. The only ones I can remember for basketball are the Kevin Ware/ Shaun Livingston injuries, but neither were marquee players prior to the injury. This is the first time I can recollect in the sport of basketball that a player of PG's caliber has suffered such an injury. While his basic skillset will allow him to average 20+points with ease, I think this injury will have a bigger effect on the defensive end. I hope he recovers from this and comes back to play.
                    Did Livingston have the same injury? I thought it was the knee and even more severe. However, he was considered a great prospect coming out of high school (drafted 4th by the Clippers) and well on his way to being a star when the injury occurred. It took him from 2007 to about 2012 before he became sought after again...but not quite the same of course.

Comment

Livingston had completely different injury. He suffered knee injury that damaged every part of his knee.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                        Did Livingston have the same injury? I thought it was the knee and even more severe. However, he was considered a great prospect coming out of high school (drafted 4th by the Clippers) and well on his way to being a star when the injury occurred. It took him from 2007 to about 2012 before he became sought after again...but not quite the same of course.
                        Was definitely different. And FAR more severe.

In a game against the Charlotte Bobcats on February 26, 2007, Livingston suffered a debilitating knee injury, dislocating his left kneecap after landing awkwardly following a missed layup, resulting in the left leg snapping laterally. Livingston injured almost every part of his knee, tearing the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), and the lateral meniscus, badly spraining his medial collateral ligament (MCL), and dislocating his patella and his tibio-fibular joint. The injury was so severe that ESPNEWS warned viewers of the graphic nature of the video clip before airing it. Livingston was told by a medical professional at the hospital that there was a chance that his leg would have to be amputated.
                        Source
                        So instead of what happened to Paul George at the Shin, it happened to Linvingston at the Knee. Which is far more brutal.

Quality is so grainy you can barely see, but its still cringe worthy.
                        Last edited by Joey; Wed Aug 6, 2014, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                          Was definitely different. And FAR more severe.

So instead of what happened to Paul George at the Shin, it happened to Linvingston at the Knee. Which is far more brutal.

Quality is so grainy you can barely see, but its still cringe worthy.
                          Holy shit...I knew it was bad but not that bad. Thats pretty much a miracle coming back from that injury and SL's dedication to keep at it. There was another bad injury...Jay Williams who comes to mind though that was a motorbike accident but he never quite made it back. A bit fuzzy about details and he was a high draft pick too by the Bulls.

ps...knee is supposedly always worse because it almost always involves muscles, ligaments and nerve endings....and they are tougher to regenerate and heal. PG's type was apparently a "clean" break of the bone and supposedly easier to heal if set correctly.
                          Last edited by Bendit; Wed Aug 6, 2014, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Such a shame. The worst part for me is where it happened. Scrimmage for a spot on the us team. Shame

Comment

92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                              It's unbelievable what modern medicine can do. I'm skeptical about a PG return, but if Kevin Ware came back and played I'd like to think its very possible. Unfortunate for the Pacers organization. Hibbert better put on his big boy pants.
                              Yeah but it was snapped completely off, bent at a right angle with the bone sticking out. He probably ripped the shit out of the surrounding muscles, tendons, cariledge, it's a complete and utter catastrophe of an injury.

I read a quote from a doctor involved stating it may take a year or two to recover.

My opinion, even then, there is no telling if he's the same guy he was before.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X