Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2kfeen wrote: View Post
    I don't really like this move if it happened

He doesn't fit with this teams offense really. We are a young team, and while West is great in the halfcourt system, he isn't a transition guy. He doesn't space the floor that allows JV to go to work, or let DD & Lowry slash. Plus, West would be tired from running pindowns all game for DD & Ross.

I like Kevin Love, he fits in the teams approach, but thats a risky move.
    I like Kevin Durant, cause he's an obvious need at SF and he's Durant, but it will be hard to pry him from OKC.
    I like Harrison Barnes, because he's someone that could be had for cheaper than his value, and could be an impact player at SF.
    I like Tobias Harris, and he could be had for cheap because he's stuck in a crowded frontcourt in Orlando.

Moves like these have the potential for impacts, and help us right away to be honest.
    a

I like Tobias as a player but too injury prone this guy never had a injury free season
    Nevermind what haters say,
    ignore them ’til they fade away. - T.I

Comment

This whole topic is reality, but shit I don't want to talk about this topic until a month passes because it will totally kill all the karma we built up last year.

Comment

If Indiana decides they want to still try to compete this year, they can apply for a disabled player exception, giving them a $5.4 million exception, and then sign a free agent to a 1 year deal... unfortunately, they missed most of the free agent market, but someone like Shawn Marion might be a fit.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
          If Indiana decides they want to still try to compete this year, they can apply for a disabled player exception, giving them a $5.4 million exception, and then sign a free agent to a 1 year deal... unfortunately, they missed most of the free agent market, but someone like Shawn Marion might be a fit.
          Yeah, but George's full salary still counts against the cap and tax, so since they are about $2M clear of the tax now, do you really think ownership pays that much to maybe add a mediocre player to slightly increase their chances of making the playoffs this year?
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            Yeah, but George's full salary still counts against the cap and tax, so since they are about $2M clear of the tax now, do you really think ownership pays that much to maybe add a mediocre player to slightly increase their chances of making the playoffs this year?
            Are you sure about that.. if I interpret the CBA faq it seems to me that if a team files for a DPE that players salary is not on the books for that year:

Don't confuse the Disabled Player exception with the salary cap relief teams sometimes receive after losing a player to a career-ending injury or death (see question number 63). The Disabled Player exception allows a team to acquire a replacement player. The salary cap relief removes a contract from the team's books.
            http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q25
            So if I'm reading this right the Pacers cap situation can come down from $74.8M to $64.1M (they hypothetically lose George's $16M salary and gain the Non-tax payer mid-level of $5.3M). The team would still have to pay PG his salary but I don't think it would be considered for tax purposes.

Comment

Don't confuse the Disabled Player exception with the salary cap relief teams sometimes receive after losing a player to a career-ending injury or death (see question number 63). The Disabled Player exception allows a team to acquire a replacement player. The salary cap relief removes a contract from the team's books.
              DPE =/= salary cap relief. That paragraph is outlining the difference.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'd rather make a peripheral trade like Hayes for Mahimni than try to land west. I love the way he plays, but it's not that much of an upgrade over what Amir and PP bring.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

West is a nice player but he would be a short term fix to a situation which isn't even broken. I clearly don't want a 34yo PF who posted his career lowest shooting % from the mid range last season.
                  Myself (March 2014):
                  The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    DPE =/= salary cap relief. That paragraph is outlining the difference.
                    Hmm.. I'm interpreting it the same way that Jeff Zillgitt from USA today is:
                    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...lief/13506951/

I always thought you could get cap relief.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Hmm.. I'm interpreting it the same way that Jeff Zillgitt from USA today is:
                      http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...lief/13506951/

I always thought you could get cap relief.
                      Nope. Can't.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Oh, and Zillgitt in no way suggests that they get actual cap relief - he is just misusing the phrase. They get an exception to sign a player. Read the entire article and at no point does he suggest that George's salary actually comes off the books.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                        X