Spurs hire 1st female assistant coach in NBA history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spurs hire 1st female assistant coach in NBA history

Spurs Name Becky Hammon Assistant Coach | San Antonio Spurs (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/1srA2UE

What do you think this news means for the league?

Just a question, are the coaches in the WNBA mostly women or are the mainly men?

Spurs sure are a classy organization!
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
      Just a question, are the coaches in the WNBA mostly women or are the mainly men?

Spurs sure are a classy organization!
      I think it's about 50-50 for women and men coaches in the wnba

Comment

I think this is a great progression for the sport. The Clippers had a female assistant on the bench for summer league. The Players Association hires a woman to lead. And now this.

Funny thing is, she's a year younger than Duncan.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Watch for Tony Parker to have a big season

LOL, seems like Parker has made his moves already...

Comment

What a playa! lol
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Frenchman strikes again

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                LOL, seems like Parker has made his moves already...

Whats funny is she's 7 years older than him. Total Cougar!

Comment

He's certainly got that French charm. :P
                  OG is our king

Comment

I know it's only a joke, but it is kinda sad how quickly this turned from celebrating a great accomplishment by a woman to sexualizing the woman.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      I know it's only a joke, but it is kinda sad how quickly this turned from celebrating a great accomplishment by a woman to sexualizing the woman.
                      Was thinking this myself, but I say blame Parker for blurring the Professional boundaries.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                        Was thinking this myself, but I say blame Parker for blurring the Professional boundaries.
                        If that picture was very recent then true, but since she played for San Antonio's WNBA team for 13 years, I'm guessing they've crossed paths many times and that's an older pic.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                          If that picture was very recent then true, but since she played for San Antonio's WNBA team for 13 years, I'm guessing they've crossed paths many times and that's an older pic.
                          I believe Ms Hammon was already doing some video work with the Spurs. The blurb I saw was that Parker & she dated some time (?) ago and he is now remarried so all's good. I want to make another quip here about Parker but shall refrain

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            I believe Ms Hammon was already doing some video work with the Spurs. The blurb I saw was that Parker & she dated some time (?) ago and he is now remarried so all's good. I want to make another quip here about Parker but shall refrain
                            I think the video work you're thinking of is the woman who was on the sidelines for the Clippers at Summer League. She was a Clippers video something-or-other. Pretty sure Hammon just retired from the WNBA.

Comment

If she knows her stuff and can lead then who cares? There are lots of women leaders in other industries and these guys are pros...

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X