Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50

Thread: Ebola Outbreak 2014 - Contagion?

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Ebola Outbreak 2014 - Contagion?



    We are currently in the midst of the largest Ebola outbreak in History.
    Ebola, being one of the most deadly viruses known to man, has a mortality rate between 60%-97% ... already 1,000 people dead in West Africa, and apparently its just spread to Lagos, Nigeria, where a population of 21,000,000 people are waiting for it ...

    2 people have already returned to the US carrying the virus. Lucky for us, they've been quarantined.

    In Masai we Trust.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There's gotta be some kind experimental vaccine right??? Virus has been recorded nearly 40 years ago. There should be at least experimental treatment in place.

    Praying for those affected by this mofo!

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    There's gotta be some kind experimental vaccine right??? Virus has been recorded nearly 40 years ago. There should be at least experimental treatment in place.

    Praying for those affected by this mofo!
    Apparently there is a "serum" that is massively experimental, and had decent results in primates.
    One of the women flown back to the US was given this serum. So I guess we'll see!
    In Masai we Trust.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    When the Zombie Apocalypse begins I'm getting a shotgun and a chainsaw. Maybe moving to Labrador.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    When the Zombie Apocalypse begins I'm getting a shotgun and a chainsaw. Maybe moving to Labrador.
    Labrador it is

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Labrador it is
    I should also get a dog. The Walkers probably wouldn't chase me if I get dog.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Walking Dead In Real Life.. Directed by EBOLA. Coming soon
    Last edited by rocwell; Wed Aug 6th, 2014 at 02:36 PM.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well unfortunately (or fortunately) these people don't get back up once they're dead .. they're just dead. Its really quite terrible.
    In Masai we Trust.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  10. #10
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,054
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Luckily the virus is only contagious via bodily fluids and the man who first discovered it is on record as saying he would not have an issue sitting next to someone on a train who was a carrier.

    I think before North America starts to get concerned we need also question standard of living, health care, nutrition, etc of the regions this is spreading.

    Finally, Canada is ready to contain if it comes here. All areas of government have a quarantine plan in place.

    We're not talking about an airborne virus here so we all should be fine.

    I pray for those affected though.

    Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How did Ebola, a non- airborne communicable virus become a pandemic. Something isn't adding up. The more people who contract the virus the greater the chance of mutation or resistance. Its scary because it should not be spreading.

  12. Like Joey liked this post
  13. #12
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Luckily the virus is only contagious via bodily fluids and the man who first discovered it is on record as saying he would not have an issue sitting next to someone on a train who was a carrier.
    That might not be so true anymore. CDC has concerns that whether as part of its mutation, or just something we didn't know about it, Pigs passed on Ebola to Primates with ZERO physical contact, and were all kept in separate crates.
    https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...ay-go-airborne


    Quote Apollo wrote:
    I think before North America starts to get concerned we need also question standard of living, health care, nutrition, etc of the regions this is spreading.
    Just like SARS, it may have started in a dirty, grungy place, but once its live, there's not much modern science/medicine can do about it.

    Quote Apollo wrote:
    Finally, Canada is ready to contain if it comes here. All areas of government have a quarantine plan in place.

    We're not talking about an airborne virus here so we all should be fine.
    Again, potentially not true. Fingers crossed.
    In Masai we Trust.

  14. #13
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    How did Ebola, a non- airborne communicable virus become a pandemic. Something isn't adding up. The more people who contract the virus the greater the chance of mutation or resistance. Its scary because it should not be spreading.
    That's exactly the questions that are being raised and they're yielding some scary answers.
    In Masai we Trust.

  15. #14
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Now Ebola victims are left to rot in the streets: Terrified relatives dump them outside for fear of catching deadly virus

    WARNING: GRAPHIC PICS

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-Liberia.html
    Last edited by rocwell; Wed Aug 6th, 2014 at 08:46 PM.

  16. #15
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Now Ebola victims are left to rot in the streets: Terrified relatives dump them outside for fear of catching deadly virus

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-Liberia.html
    Wow... that's mess up.. And how about maybe a bit of a warning that there's pictures of dead bodies, geez man! Haha
    In Masai we Trust.

  17. #16
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Wow... that's mess up.. And how about maybe a bit of a warning that there's pictures of dead bodies, geez man! Haha

  18. #17
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Spanish priest caught this virus too. Airport people recognized symptoms and poor guy is on his way home quarantined.
    Last edited by rocwell; Thu Aug 7th, 2014 at 09:59 AM.

  19. #18
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Seriously A priest catching this is the start of a horror movie. Add chanting and a prophetic bible verse and it is a King novel

  20. #19
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If this virus outbreak continues, it will kill many brave and good-hearted people who were willing to help while risking their own lives.

  21. #20
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    "Ebola in Canada? Patient returning from virus-stricken West Africa is being tested for the disease after exhibiting flu-like symptoms
    Patient is being held in isolation at Brampton Civic Hospital in Ontario after returning from Nigeria
    Health minister cautions that the initial symptoms of Ebola are similar to more common diseases, such as malaria"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •