No announcement yet.

Ebola Outbreak 2014 - Contagion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude i'm starting to get scared. How many people have died from this exactly? and is there really even a proper cure for it?

Comment

This all is giving me deja vu of the H1N1 crisis that happened here maybe 5 years ago. Now that was scary.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
        This all is giving me deja vu of the H1N1 crisis that happened here maybe 5 years ago. Now that was scary.
        I think I had swine flu.. It wasn't confirmed 100%, but test came back positive for type A virus which is simple flu or h1n1. Horrible few days, still remember by this day
        Last edited by rocwell; Fri Oct 3, 2014, 04:37 PM.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          Dude i'm starting to get scared. How many people have died from this exactly? and is there really even a proper cure for it?
          No cure. Coming up on 4,000 deaths.

Edit:
          Totals for Guinea, Liberia & Sierra Leone
          •Total Case Count: 7470
          •Total Deaths: 3431
          •Laboratory Confirmed Cases: 4087
          Source
          Last edited by Joey; Fri Oct 3, 2014, 05:07 PM.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            They have a serum that helped revive a couple doctors now but it's still experimental and not ready for mass production. The funny thing is that it's derived from the tobacco plant. The Bible also cited tobacco as a medicinal drug.

There is a vaccine the CIA contracted a Canadian pharmaceutical company to work on but no word on its affectiveness or readiness. Fun fact, well not really but here we go anyway, the CIA patented a strain of Ebola which has been found in West Africa not too long ago. No word on if it's this strain but that's some craziness reality right there... Why on God's earth do you need to hold legal ownership over Ebola?

In summary, we're all royally F'd if this goes airborne or is airborne. It has as high as a 90% mortality rate. You die in agony, bleeding from every hole on your body in horrifically gruesome fashion. The Black Plague which killed 70% of Europe had an estimated 60% mortality rate. A lightweights compared to Ebola and they didn't have airplanes headed all over the world...

I read today that there are mass lineups of people at Liberian airports trying to flee for their lives. It's tragic but we need our leaders to wake the hell up and stop all flights in and out. Fortunately for Canada we don't have any direct flights, people connect in places like the UK and France. France isn't restricting flights. The UK? A little. The USA? Apparent revolving door with wide open boarders to the south. What a mess. Hope and pray for the best.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              Patient with Ebola like symptoms has been isolated at hospital in Washington.
              Patient tested negative for Ebola, positive for malaria. Fucking mosquitoes!

Comment

I bet whoever that was never in their life imagined they'd be saying "thank God I got malaria".

Comment

Passenger is showing Ebola like symptoms just met CDC officials at NJ airport.

Comment

Wouldn't it be funny if the zombie apocalypse hits just as Toronto goes deep into the playoffs.

Comment

Well both would be signs of the end of days.

Comment

Experts predict that the ebola virus has a 50% chance of reaching England within three weeks.

The researchers, whose work is published in the journal PLOS, also estimate there is a 75 per cent chance of ebola reaching France by October 24, and a 40 per cent chance that Belgium will be exposed to the disease.

Comment

and 10% chance it will reach Iceland, this is getting ridiculous...
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I am sure one can find a bookie in London who will take a bet on that.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              They have a serum that helped revive a couple doctors now but it's still experimental and not ready for mass production. The funny thing is that it's derived from the tobacco plant. The Bible also cited tobacco as a medicinal drug.

There is a vaccine the CIA contracted a Canadian pharmaceutical company to work on but no word on its affectiveness or readiness. Fun fact, well not really but here we go anyway, the CIA patented a strain of Ebola which has been found in West Africa not too long ago. No word on if it's this strain but that's some craziness reality right there... Why on God's earth do you need to hold legal ownership over Ebola?

In summary, we're all royally F'd if this goes airborne or is airborne. It has as high as a 90% mortality rate. You die in agony, bleeding from every hole on your body in horrifically gruesome fashion. The Black Plague which killed 70% of Europe had an estimated 60% mortality rate. A lightweights compared to Ebola and they didn't have airplanes headed all over the world...

I read today that there are mass lineups of people at Liberian airports trying to flee for their lives. It's tragic but we need our leaders to wake the hell up and stop all flights in and out. Fortunately for Canada we don't have any direct flights, people connect in places like the UK and France. France isn't restricting flights. The UK? A little. The USA? Apparent revolving door with wide open boarders to the south. What a mess. Hope and pray for the best.

Well thanks for that, I feel so much better now

Comment

Well, I have a small house in the woods, contingency plan - check.
                                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                                X