Ebola Outbreak 2014 - Contagion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebola Outbreak 2014 - Contagion?

We are currently in the midst of the largest Ebola outbreak in History.
    Ebola, being one of the most deadly viruses known to man, has a mortality rate between 60%-97% ... already 1,000 people dead in West Africa, and apparently its just spread to Lagos, Nigeria, where a population of 21,000,000 people are waiting for it ...

2 people have already returned to the US carrying the virus. Lucky for us, they've been quarantined.

There's gotta be some kind experimental vaccine right??? Virus has been recorded nearly 40 years ago. There should be at least experimental treatment in place.

Praying for those affected by this mofo!

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
      There's gotta be some kind experimental vaccine right??? Virus has been recorded nearly 40 years ago. There should be at least experimental treatment in place.

Praying for those affected by this mofo!
      Apparently there is a "serum" that is massively experimental, and had decent results in primates.
      One of the women flown back to the US was given this serum. So I guess we'll see!

Comment

When the Zombie Apocalypse begins I'm getting a shotgun and a chainsaw. Maybe moving to Labrador.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
          When the Zombie Apocalypse begins I'm getting a shotgun and a chainsaw. Maybe moving to Labrador.
          Labrador it is

Comment

Labrador it is
            I should also get a dog. The Walkers probably wouldn't chase me if I get dog.

Comment

Walking Dead In Real Life.. Directed by EBOLA. Coming soon
              Last edited by rocwell; Wed Aug 6, 2014, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Well unfortunately (or fortunately) these people don't get back up once they're dead .. they're just dead. Its really quite terrible.

Comment

Comment

Luckily the virus is only contagious via bodily fluids and the man who first discovered it is on record as saying he would not have an issue sitting next to someone on a train who was a carrier.

I think before North America starts to get concerned we need also question standard of living, health care, nutrition, etc of the regions this is spreading.

Finally, Canada is ready to contain if it comes here. All areas of government have a quarantine plan in place.

We're not talking about an airborne virus here so we all should be fine.

I pray for those affected though.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

How did Ebola, a non- airborne communicable virus become a pandemic. Something isn't adding up. The more people who contract the virus the greater the chance of mutation or resistance. Its scary because it should not be spreading.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Luckily the virus is only contagious via bodily fluids and the man who first discovered it is on record as saying he would not have an issue sitting next to someone on a train who was a carrier.
                        That might not be so true anymore. CDC has concerns that whether as part of its mutation, or just something we didn't know about it, Pigs passed on Ebola to Primates with ZERO physical contact, and were all kept in separate crates.
                        https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...ay-go-airborne

Apollo wrote:
                        I think before North America starts to get concerned we need also question standard of living, health care, nutrition, etc of the regions this is spreading.
                        Just like SARS, it may have started in a dirty, grungy place, but once its live, there's not much modern science/medicine can do about it.

Apollo wrote:
                        Finally, Canada is ready to contain if it comes here. All areas of government have a quarantine plan in place.

We're not talking about an airborne virus here so we all should be fine.
                        Again, potentially not true. Fingers crossed.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          How did Ebola, a non- airborne communicable virus become a pandemic. Something isn't adding up. The more people who contract the virus the greater the chance of mutation or resistance. Its scary because it should not be spreading.
                          That's exactly the questions that are being raised and they're yielding some scary answers.

Comment

Now Ebola victims are left to rot in the streets: Terrified relatives dump them outside for fear of catching deadly virus

WARNING: GRAPHIC PICS

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-Liberia.html
                            Last edited by rocwell; Wed Aug 6, 2014, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Now Ebola victims are left to rot in the streets: Terrified relatives dump them outside for fear of catching deadly virus

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-Liberia.html
                              Wow... that's mess up.. And how about maybe a bit of a warning that there's pictures of dead bodies, geez man! Haha

Comment

Working...
                              X